Ericsson-Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2013.

Interview

One over the phone and one with hiring manager and hr

Interview Questions

• We're all easy because I have worked in the mobile industry   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Reading, England) in August 2011.

Interview

Over all process consisted of two interviews. The first one was on the phone which was conducted by two interviewers. They asked some basic questions about HSDPA technology and testing procedures in the testbed. After passing this interview I was invited for a face to face one which was again conducted by two interviewers. This interview was very detailed one. The started with the 3G network diagram and touch all the interfaces, protocol stacks, RRC messaging, types of handovers and radio interface etc. In the end some behaviourial questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• What are the different type of masurements that are sent by UE to the network?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (London, England) in May 2010.

Interview

initially approached by a recruiter with details of the role, and it sounded interesting, so aggreed to go through the interview process. First there was a telephone interview with HR; then a chat with a future (now current) colleague; and another detailed telephone interview with my managers - which covered a broad range from the technical to attitude, to opinions, etc... - then came the final 1 to 1 with a VP. After that was the background and security checks, before negotiating with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair, we met halfway

Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Coventry, England) in August 2009.

Interview

Had applied to the position through one of the job boards and got selected for an interview. The interview was conducted with several other shortlist candidate who were applying for the same position.
    Everyone had like team building exercise and 2 interviews one with HR and one with technical manager.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was what different type of extension image file can have. I had no clue so I just said that I don't know the answer, which was fine.

what are my weak plus points and what are my weak points. It easy to explain plus points but explaining weak points are difficult

Answer Question

Negotiation

as the job was handled through recruiting agency, they were the only point of contact for negotiation. but we could negotiate on salary and relocation package.
    I would recommend to negotiate salary as much as possible at the start as it is not possilble to negotiate salary later on.

Bid Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Southampton, England) in July 2008.

Interview

3 x interviews
    1 via agency
    1 x face to face with hiring manager and HR
    1 x face to face with CEO and senior stakeholders (x3)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short - they made offer, I asked for more, they declined, I accepted

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Chandigarh (India)).

Interview

1 Technical followed by HR round. Outstation candidate can have telephonic rounds. My interview panel comprised of a senior software engineer and another Systems manager. It went for almost an hour starting from basic to advance Java questions. Thereafter, in HR round they asked reason for change and I got the offer. Whole process was very straight forward and fast and there was not any need for follow-ups

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

The first round was Written Exam. It was normal aptitude test. After getting selected in that there were two more rounds.One Technical round,Personal Interviews. Another HR round. After this final conversation salary talk.

Interview Questions

• About Yourself
      why Ericsson
      GSM
      4G Knowledge
      Flexibility
      Location

1 Answer

Emergency Recovery Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Interview

They asked typical questions that is expected for a telecommunications job. Be prepared to answer problem solving techniques. They will role play scenarios and see how you handle things. They will expect you to know all the names and functions of all nodes in a CDMA, GSM, and LTE network

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter and had a first round screening interview on the phone. In a week, on site interview is scheduled. I was expecting one of those heavy technical interviews that are designed to know your textbook knowledge rather than actually knowing you. It was nothing like that at all. You can see that the company culture is different than most of the tech companies in the city. They value your educational background and ask you a lot about your resume. It was a unique interview experience for me.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about your resume assuming that you have a relatively self explanatory resume not a single pager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was quite satisfactory.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Process took weeks to get the confirmation. It started with face to face interview, 2 rounds & one HR.
    Questions based on basic technical questions & working knowledge. All face to face rounds was completed in a single day.HR was done as per telephonc conversation.

Interview Questions

• GSM technology, wcdma architecture,call flow, current companies daily work, very technical questions to be asked.   Answer Question