Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

2.8

Customer Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Couple of interviews with junior recruiters. Following interviews with my future manager. The job description was not very clear. Once hired, the job had Little to do with Project management.

Interview Questions
    • I can't recall of any difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eindhoven (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in September 2014.

Technical C questions. Logical questions to test your abilities. In addition there was also a personality check at the end. Mostly the interviewers were developers and team leads in the beginning. One manager was later involved and lastly the group director.

Assistant Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

It was overall a very nice experience. It was a offcampus drive. There were four rounds: Written , GD , Technical and then final HR round.
    We need to attempt 45 questions in 45 min.. which seem to be difficult at that time . But not that much difficult .
    My topic of discussion for GD was like fuel subsidy and some from politics- our politicians should be educated or not ... n more like that .
    Techanical was fyn .. they were askng GSM, 2G, 3G, n telecom basics. Modulation, Modem , Network topologies...
    HR was unexpected ... it was conducted in group .. just lyk giving a speech in front of so many people ... he just asked me to introduce myself .. and define success !!

Interview Questions
    • what is a Modem !!
      Tell me something about DTMF Keypad !!
        Answer Question

SME Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Normal selection process. There were 4 rounds of interview.
    1. Normal HR discussion to know about your skillsets.
    2. Technical Interview (F:F)
    3. Manager Round (Technical/Management questions)
    4. HR dicusssion (package discussion & DOJ)

For me, final HR round was so difficult, Since these HR people are so stingy to offer you a good salary package. So, it is better to go for a good and stuborn negotiation.

Negotiation was hard

Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

> Based on advertisements / Consultant call
    > 2 levels of interview
    > First level is technical ( Telecom related questions must)
    > 2nd Level will be HR related to check candidate's ability to work in African countries with global clients

Interview Questions
    Good paymaster , so negotiate as much as possible.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Selection was thru' an Off Campus recruitment drive at Chennai. Simple and easy. First, Aptitude round followed by F2F technical interview and HR. Technical round- consisted of GSM related questions like GSM operating frequency, GSM Vs CDMA difference etc. Some basic questions on Final year project, and Internships. A few on questions on Microwave Engg, Antennas and waveguides etc.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy enough for a fresher to answer   Answer Question

Lead Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

Hiring manager makes a phone call to go through phone screening. Once she/he likes you, you will receive a call within a week from HR to have another rounds of interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? How would you create value to my organization?   Answer Question
    It was internal move so not much to negotiate.

Research Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide.

I contacted an alumni from my university who was particularly looking to fill a position in his team (that he manages and leads). He replied to me in a couple of hours and scheduled a phone chat for the very next day. The chat was only about my work and the role he was looking to fill. I described my PhD research and the key was to describe it at a high level which he could comprehend. I did a very good job of this. He asked me to send him ONE article that I am fond of about my work which he wished to share with his team. In a subsequent email I did that and he concurrently scheduled an on onsite interview for me.

The onsite interview revolved around my presentation. In my talk, I described my PhD work. The key was to balance the high level ideas and the details at the right level and I did a great job. The talk was very well taken and evinced lots of interaction. I could get the audience interested in my work. Many of the following individual interview revolved around my presentation.

I had five one-on-one interviews following my presentation. None of the them were like quizzes. None of them involved any knowledge based questions. All the interviewers who were interested in judging me only asked me questions on my work and my presentation. For any PhD student, these were pretty straightforward and easy.

Solution Architect- Germany Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ericsson-Worldwide in August 2014.

Applied through emailing to a recruiting website. Got the email after 4 weeks for a telephonic interview. The interview lasted for 45 minutes. I find it really insulting that manager never replied my requests for the feedback, while during the interview he mentioned that I can for anything anytime. I don't know- why this hypocrisy in such a good standing company!

Interview Questions
    • The cultural differences in my native and German Cultures.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Submit CV
    Go through at least 3 interviews (one for initial screening by HR or agency) then one by hiring manager, then last one with the grandfather position.
    Will be asked to present something or put you in a role play in order to evaluate your profile

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a Telecom Operator CTO in a 5 sec elevator coincidence meeting!   Answer Question