Essilor of America Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 28, 2014
20 interviews

2.9

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Telephone contact, face to face interview, telephone contact, offer letter via email and phone confirmation. Actually had two sales managers that knew how to speak and interview sales reps. their presentation was very professional, and questions were open ended was asked how I worked with current customers, did not ask me for customer lists or expected me to go after current customers. The interview went very well with the two that interviewed me, unfortunately because they were messed over nine months later, they were not in my chain for long.

easy straight forward

Sales Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

Patience is key. The process for this size of a company is very long. I am going to guess that the reason is due to the amount of applicants. There are a lot of applicants now due to industry changes. A new hire will have to endure a time period of training before getting into the field. Training can be tedious, but important to success. Show tolerance to this in an interview.

Interview Questions
    Yes...salary is not very negotiable, however, vacation, and sales time frame guarantees are.

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in December 2009.

Interview was wonderful really enjoyed the management that attended.

Interview Questions
    Basically took what the position offered.

Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

Got their opening from school's career center, four interviews in two rounds, one with intern program director and hr, another with direct supervisors. No wired questions, just why company, walk through resume, why the position.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the project details, some are old so it took me some time to recall the details   View Answer
    No negotiable.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

This was a typical interview process with typical questions. The interviewer did however seem to be "shooting from the hip" with the interview questions. This gave the interview a natural flow, but may have led to a subjective choice in for the final candidate. One would expect a set list of questions to be asked, but that didn't seem to be the case

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were what one would expect to be asked when reviewing a resume.   Answer Question

Senior EDI Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America.

I had 2 in-person interviews, one of those with an additional person via phone at another company office location.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me technical questions about EDI processing.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I was offered the position on a contract-to-hire basis, and was fully hired a month later.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in March 2013.

One hour phone interview with Talent Aquisition. Asked standard intervew questions -nothing difficult. TA asked for past salary ranges immediately. Would not reveal pay scale for the opportunity. Inteviewed 5 candidates in person with 2 VPs at the office.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

3 people interview you in3 seperate rooms and ask you some behaviorial questions about your CV.

Learning Solutions Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Essilor of America in August 2012.

Interview process was pretty standard. Phone interview, in person and a skills test. No call back after repeated emails to the recruiter and no feedback shared about why I was not advanced even upon requesting it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you would manage an employee that has the skill to do the job but lacks motivation.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Essilor of America in May 2008.

There were three steps in the interviewing process which consisted of a phone interview with the Customer Service Manager then 4 days later I was called into the facility to have a one on one interview with the Area General Manager. One week later I was brought in to interview one on one with the Regional Customer Service Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are other job possibilities for you and how do you feel about each one?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal position, and what makes it ideal?   Answer Question
    I would recomend to feel out the interviewer especially if there are many candidates, you may want to consider negotiating at your 90 day review.

Worked for Essilor of America? Contribute to the Community!