Ethicon Endo-Surgery Interview Questions

3.1

R&D Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery.

Interview consisted of two 30 minute 1 on 1 sessions with separate interviewers. 1st was behavior based, 2nd was technical based.

The people that work there are very nice and approachable. The interviewers did not give off any negative vibes.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior based interview was easy. Basically questions like.. "Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma and what was the result." All questions consisted of past experience. No questions like.. "What would you do in this situation.." which definitely makes it easier.

Technical based interview consisted of the interviewer handing me a device and saying.. "Tell me how this works." As a mechanical engineer this was somewhat fun. I feel like I did poorly in my opinion, although the interviewer said I did great.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Global Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2014.

Applied on-line, then phone screen, then phone interview with hiring manager

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery.

3 separate interviews with 2 people at a time, one interview was over lunch. Interviewers were very hospitable, providing water/tea and occasionally asking if I needed a rest room break. Relatively easy questions with a lot of discussion about the job and what it entails. Some 'typical' questions like 'name a time you faced adversity and beat it.' Only required 1 interview, even though it was around 3 hours long. I knew within 24 hours I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were really that difficult, however I did have a hard time understanding a few of my interviewers due to English being their second language. They were understanding though and were patient with me when I had them repeat their questions.   Answer Question

R&D Engineering Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in November 2012.

It was one round of interviews with questions about leadership, values and technical knowledge. They really look for people that fit the values of Johnson and Johnson, have leadership experience and technical experience as well. For the third one, they really look for college students that have participated in engineering clubs and projects where they are able to showcase their skills. As for values and leadership, its something that you have to show and explain.

Interview Questions
    • For the technical question, I was asked to draw out the free body diagram for one of their devices and explain how it worked.   Answer Question

R & D Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2012.

most of behavioral questions. This is my first interview ever, so I was kinda of not knowing what is expected. At a few questions, I might talked too much on one topic, so 30 min interview ran out really quickly. The interview was held in a big hall, where you are surrounded by other interviewers from other companies hiring coop and interviewees. It is timed to be only 30 mins and another interviewee will come in.There are warning alarm 10 mins before the 30-min interview, which was really annoying. I think trying to keep your answer concise and quick.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was held in a big hall, where you are surrounded by other interviewers from other companies hiring coop and interviewees. It is timed to be only 30 mins and another interviewee will come in.There are warning alarm 10 mins before the 30-min interview, which was really annoying   Answer Question

R&D Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in November 2011.

The entire process was smooth and speedy. Ethicon conducted two 30 minute back-to-back interviews. The first interview went over my resume, asked situation based questions and got to know more about me. The other analyzed technical thinking and how to approach solving a problem.

I received the offer about 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you were unsuccessful at completing a group task and how did you alleviate the problem.   Answer Question
    • Look at this device and attempt to explain all the mechanics involved that make this device work.   Answer Question

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in November 2011.

Was given a one hour tour of the facility then sat down for a 2:1 interview about general personality type questions for half an hour, followed by another half hour 1:1 interview on technical skills. Asked to diagnose what could be causing their stapling tool to misfire at an angle.

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in May 2011.

pretty fast.they were in a need of someone fast.

no negotiation at all

Engineering Co-Op Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in February 2011.

Email set up the phone interview time. The interview discussed what my curriculum was like and she told me about what her job is about. she asked me what alteration I would make to an everyday object as part of the interview.

Product Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ethicon Endo-Surgery in July 2010.

Will take persistence to break through. Tend to do behavioral based interviews. Tell me about a time when, give me an example of when you, etc. They use the STAR technique. Situation, task, action and results. Make sure you include results. They want that and many gloss over it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were particularly effective in leading a cross functional team?   Answer Question
    Easy.