Express

Updated 21 Nov 2014
Updated 21 Nov 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was a simple online application like most things, but when you actually got an interview it was a group setting. I had three other people at mine with all fashion degrees, I was a first year engineering major. I landed the job and they didn't. It was a bizarre set up and I think the only reason I landed a job was because I found a similarity between me and the manager.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a person that is trying on clothes that are not the best fit for them and they ask you how it looks, how do you respond?   Answer Question
    I was highly paid at my last job so was able to move my pay above minimum wage

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Group interview with 10 people. Ask questions based off answers given about retail and customer service experience. Where have you worked what did you do were the obvious questions. She also gave scenario in the work environment questions and asked question to see just how much knowledge of the store we had like reward programs and stuff.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I applied and got a call about two weeks later, I had a group interview with 4 other girls. It was a very relaxed interview, there were no really difficult questions. I made sure that I dressed in more formal clothing. Overall, an easy interview. My only advice would be to just relax and be yourself, don't be afraid to talk and I would also ask questions towards the end so that it shows your interest.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express in November 2014.

I applied online, completed an assessment, and received a call for an interview a couple of days later. I had an interview with the co manager and with one other candidate (group interview). The questions were very general, Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store. She opened the floor for questions and asked for a reference. I had a reference page printed out for her and it was very helpful that I did when my first reference didnt answer she had two others to contact. She told us we have the opportunity to become permanent if we perform well and described the culture there. She informed us that she would be in contact with our references the next day and we would hear from her by the next two days. About 30 minutes after I left I received a call offering the position and scheduling orientation. I also wore the brand to the interview and she instantly recognized it as well as other associates in the store so I would wear it if you can. I dressed professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Express in November 2014.

I completely stressed myself out beforehand for NO REASON. The manager that interviewed me was so nice and basically just went over the company's facts and goals, how busy the store is, etc.. And then just asked me basic questions about myself! I was offered the job and just have to wait for them to go over my references :)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

The process was super easy - I applied on a Sunday night and was called Monday for an interview. After my interview, I was told they would call me in a week after checking references, but it was more like two weeks. After two weeks, they called me and formally offered me the job, and then I had orientation and started two days after.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions - the woman who interviewed me immediately started talking about the position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

did application in the store received a call about 2 days later for an interview for seasonal. got there and it was 2 other people. we did separate interview and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • never worked in retail so all the sale questions i had to basically make up with some common sense.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express.

I applied online, filled out an application, and the next day they called. Got a group interview with them the day of. Be yourself, answer truthfully. She just asked about me, how my customer service is. nothing out of the ordinary

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Very easy and relaxed interview. As a recent grad with no prior retail experience I directed my answers to the interview questions around the skills that I posses that could benefit the store/brand. First impressions are everything, so definitely show your personal style and appreciation for the brand/fashion by dressing up to the interview…since I didn't have prior retail experience I was asked to list references (yes, they actually do call them!) Also, in my opinion you have a leg up against other applicants if you apply IN STORE, on the paper application and turn it into the hiring manager so that you can introduce yourself/put a name to face when it comes to interview time…also, depends on when/what season you apply but the hiring process was very quick…wasn't really much of a process since I did all of the above mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult but that fact that I was being interview in the food court of the mall (the store is located in a mall setting) was a distraction.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

seen the instore ad, applied on line got a call aweek later. i was suppose to have a group inter veiw but she gave me a one on one since couldnt make it

Interview Questions
    • what is the differince between coustomer service and coustomer experice   Answer Question