Express Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct 2014
Updated 27 Oct 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

did application in the store received a call about 2 days later for an interview for seasonal. got there and it was 2 other people. we did separate interview and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • never worked in retail so all the sale questions i had to basically make up with some common sense.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express.

I applied online, filled out an application, and the next day they called. Got a group interview with them the day of. Be yourself, answer truthfully. She just asked about me, how my customer service is. nothing out of the ordinary

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Very easy and relaxed interview. As a recent grad with no prior retail experience I directed my answers to the interview questions around the skills that I posses that could benefit the store/brand. First impressions are everything, so definitely show your personal style and appreciation for the brand/fashion by dressing up to the interview…since I didn't have prior retail experience I was asked to list references (yes, they actually do call them!) Also, in my opinion you have a leg up against other applicants if you apply IN STORE, on the paper application and turn it into the hiring manager so that you can introduce yourself/put a name to face when it comes to interview time…also, depends on when/what season you apply but the hiring process was very quick…wasn't really much of a process since I did all of the above mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult but that fact that I was being interview in the food court of the mall (the store is located in a mall setting) was a distraction.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

seen the instore ad, applied on line got a call aweek later. i was suppose to have a group inter veiw but she gave me a one on one since couldnt make it

Interview Questions
    • what is the differince between coustomer service and coustomer experice   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I had a group interview of about 4 other candidates. It was fairly informal and relaxed. As long as you express your interest and experience for fashion and retail you will be set. I think the key is to share your thoughts but also let other candidates speak and listen to what they have to say.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you had to face in a past work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later. I actually missed the call and had to call them back. They asked me to come in the next Monday for an interview. It was really comfortable and fun because all the workers at Express recognized me because I shop there ALOT and I always get compliments on my outfits and looks when I go there. It was a small interview just me and another boy, was asked to introduce ourselves and two scenario customer questions, and then the interviewer explained to us alittle about Express and the interview was done in 20 minutes!! Got a call back today and I was offered the job and to come to orientation this monday!! ( they have to call your references in order to offer you the job so I actually had all my references call the store, and they seemed to appreciate that ALOT! )

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

So at first i applied online and the next day i came into the store just to make my face seen and to have them remember me by something! they actually told me to come in that same day for an interview and they called me back 2 days later! it was a group interview

Interview Questions
    • i had no history in retail at all so all of the questions were tough for me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express.

I had one interview who was looking for the "look" of express, now I guess I must be good looking enough to work there cus they want you to look good in their clothes.

Interview Questions
    • I started out not knowing anything, so they ask questions like how you work under stress and pressure.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, and I got a call back within the next day. We scheduled an interview the next couple days, and it was a group interview. It went fairly well, the manager was super nice and she made the interview as casual as possible. She wanted us to be comfortable in order to show our true character, and in the end all 4 of us were hired. After the interview, she had a professional reference from each of us call her, and the following sunday we all were able to go to orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite express model, and why does the express brand define you as a fashion forward individual?   Answer Question
    Considering I had previous job experience, she was able to give me a $.50 increase but thats it.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I saw that the Express in my local mall was hiring for the season on snagajob. I applied on their site, and was contacted about 4 days after the submission to schedule a group interview. It was initially a little less than a week after the phone-call, but I had to end up rescheduling because one of the hiring managers got sick. When I did get there the day of the interview, I met one of the mangers, and then the other who I had spoken to on the phone. I was told that he was going to get the other interviewee, and then we would start. It was just two of us (a bit of a relief actually), and we were headed into a room with both of our applications on the table. As we sat down, the hiring manager asked us the basic questions (How are you guys doing today?), and jumped right into the questions. They were nothing major. After that, he asked each of us about availability and references (they actually do check them.) After that, he asked if we had any questions for him and I asked one about any difference in responsibilities between seasonal associate and part time associate. He answered that there wasn't, and proceeded to tell us additional information about how it's like before the storm (Black friday and Xmas.) He explained that there wouldn't be much hours before then, and that there wouldn't be an opportunity to cross-train since there wouldn't be enough time. He also explained to us that Express is a company that does cater to customers, but the main goal is to sell as much as possible! We would have to familiarize ourself with the different cuts of pants, and other stuff like that. He did talk about the process that follows after a job interview. Overall, he was nice and straightforward about how this isn't a job you should expect to make tons of money off of. He did tell us the starting wage (minimum wage, of course) and basically informed us on any information that was worth knowing. Interview took less than 30 minutes, and we were told he'd contact us before the week was over.

Interview Questions
    • Just your basic run of the mill questions (Do you have retail experience? Why do you want to work at Express? etc.)   View Answer

I had another job offer and felt I'd be more comfortable in that job environment.