Express Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express.

Very easy and relaxed interview. As a recent grad with no prior retail experience I directed my answers to the interview questions around the skills that I posses that could benefit the store/brand. First impressions are everything, so definitely show your personal style and appreciation for the brand/fashion by dressing up to the interview…since I didn't have prior retail experience I was asked to list references (yes, they actually do call them!) Also, in my opinion you have a leg up against other applicants if you apply IN STORE, on the paper application and turn it into the hiring manager so that you can introduce yourself/put a name to face when it comes to interview time…also, depends on when/what season you apply but the hiring process was very quick…wasn't really much of a process since I did all of the above mentioned.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult but that fact that I was being interview in the food court of the mall (the store is located in a mall setting) was a distraction.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

seen the instore ad, applied on line got a call aweek later. i was suppose to have a group inter veiw but she gave me a one on one since couldnt make it

Interview Questions
    • what is the differince between coustomer service and coustomer experice   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I had a group interview of about 4 other candidates. It was fairly informal and relaxed. As long as you express your interest and experience for fashion and retail you will be set. I think the key is to share your thoughts but also let other candidates speak and listen to what they have to say.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you had to face in a past work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later. I actually missed the call and had to call them back. They asked me to come in the next Monday for an interview. It was really comfortable and fun because all the workers at Express recognized me because I shop there ALOT and I always get compliments on my outfits and looks when I go there. It was a small interview just me and another boy, was asked to introduce ourselves and two scenario customer questions, and then the interviewer explained to us alittle about Express and the interview was done in 20 minutes!! Got a call back today and I was offered the job and to come to orientation this monday!! ( they have to call your references in order to offer you the job so I actually had all my references call the store, and they seemed to appreciate that ALOT! )

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

So at first i applied online and the next day i came into the store just to make my face seen and to have them remember me by something! they actually told me to come in that same day for an interview and they called me back 2 days later! it was a group interview

Interview Questions
    • i had no history in retail at all so all of the questions were tough for me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express.

I had one interview who was looking for the "look" of express, now I guess I must be good looking enough to work there cus they want you to look good in their clothes.

Interview Questions
    • I started out not knowing anything, so they ask questions like how you work under stress and pressure.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, and I got a call back within the next day. We scheduled an interview the next couple days, and it was a group interview. It went fairly well, the manager was super nice and she made the interview as casual as possible. She wanted us to be comfortable in order to show our true character, and in the end all 4 of us were hired. After the interview, she had a professional reference from each of us call her, and the following sunday we all were able to go to orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite express model, and why does the express brand define you as a fashion forward individual?   Answer Question
    Considering I had previous job experience, she was able to give me a $.50 increase but thats it.

Store Manager Interview

I was contacted by the Store Manager for the initial interview, then my second interview was with the District Manager within the same week. I received a call with a job offer the following week.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

I applied online before they start to open the store in Richmond. I went to the group interview a few weeks after. They contacted all of my references and got the job offer.

Customer Sales Lead Interview

I applied online and went in to follow up the next day. They set up an interview for the following day. When I had my interview it was really busy so my interview was only 5 minutes long. She asked why I wanted to work retail and what made Express stand out to me. I was offered the job the next day once my references had been checked.