Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 26 May 2015

2.1

Reset

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in June 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application and turned it in at my local store. I was contacted within a week or two and asked to do an interview in person. The interview was pretty relaxed - the manager and I went to the food court and asked a few questions and then I had to pick out an outfit for someone who would be going out to a party.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer who looked like they were stealing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

took a few weeks. 2 interviews. Took a week after second interview to get a call back. Very easy questions, nothing difficult. Actually got a call within a few days of having applied online.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. I applied online one day and was called the very next day. An interview was set up a week later. It was a group interview with 3 managers and 4 other girls. We were escorted directly outside of the store for the interview, literally standing in front of the store. When a question was asked, everyone would just speak up and give their answer. The interview took 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what do you like to do for fun   1 Answer
    • Why would you be an asset to express   Answer Question
    • What do you expect when you come into an express store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express (Roseville, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview with two other girls. There were supposed to be four but one never showed up. The interview was pretty easy, they asked basic questions and nothing they said caught me off guard. Because it was a group setting I made sure I answered some of the questions first and had different answers or added onto an answer that one of the other girls said when it came my turn. The manager who interviewed me did ask me to put together two outfits for her that were Vegas themed, one dressy and one casual. I did so and gave reasons behind everything that I had picked out and why they were appropriate. Overall was pretty comfortable even though I had never worked in retail. I suggest you wear something trendy, and you get bonus points if you wear something really similar to what they sell, or even some of their items.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, and why you want to work at Express.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Columbus, OH (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was great and the store manager was super nice! It was one on one and we went through the whole interview with no problems. She told me that the company looks for potential employees who are bubbly, responsible, and a good fit for the company. Express does not hire under 18, so she told me I couldn't get the job because she didn't realize I was under age.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online and 2 days later I received a call to set up an interview. My interview was one on one, and took about 15 minutes. The manager was really nice, and did not make the interview difficult at all. The had more interviews so they said they would call me if they choose me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

I had a small group interview. Very laid back and they ask basic interview questions. They also make you create an outfit and present it to the group. The process took a while (about two weeks) because they couldn't get ahold of one of my references, and yes they do check them. Overall it was a good experience, I got the job, although it was seasonal, but they kept me as a permanent associate after the season.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at express?
      What would you do if you were working on a task and a customer needed you?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and was called the next week on Wednesday to set up an interview for that Friday. Went to the mall where the store is and had the interview right outside the store at a sitting area. Interview was very quick (less than 10 minutes). Manager said she was still pretty new to the interviewing process, so I'm thinking that's why it was as quick as it was. Basically only asked me about past work experience and why I wanted to work at Express out of all the other stores at the mall. Was pretty much hired at the end of the interview but she was waiting on a call back from one of my references. They DO call your references so make sure you let them know they're your reference and should be expecting a call. I was called back on Monday and was told to come in for orientation on Thursday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was expecting minimum wage so I accepted minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

Two interviews, both were group interviews. It was pretty relaxed and it seemed like they were looking for people who were willing to work hard and cared about work and the company. They also seemed to be looking for positive, fashionable people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application on a Thursday I believe, and received a phone call on that Saturday. I had an interview the following Tuesday, and I start on Friday. The managers were really nice. They made everyone feel comfortable. It was a group interview. I would say dress up like you already work that. Also, they call references. It earns you brownie points if you bring a typed out reference sheet. I was the only one who brought one out of the other 2 candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a situation in which you had a problem with a co-worker or manager?   Answer Question
    • Are you a seller or a tasker?   Answer Question
    • What you do if you saw a employee or manager stealing?   1 Answer