Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in June 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application and turned it in at my local store. I was contacted within a week or two and asked to do an interview in person. The interview was pretty relaxed - the manager and I went to the food court and asked a few questions and then I had to pick out an outfit for someone who would be going out to a party.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer who looked like they were stealing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and was called the next week on Wednesday to set up an interview for that Friday. Went to the mall where the store is and had the interview right outside the store at a sitting area. Interview was very quick (less than 10 minutes). Manager said she was still pretty new to the interviewing process, so I'm thinking that's why it was as quick as it was. Basically only asked me about past work experience and why I wanted to work at Express out of all the other stores at the mall. Was pretty much hired at the end of the interview but she was waiting on a call back from one of my references. They DO call your references so make sure you let them know they're your reference and should be expecting a call. I was called back on Monday and was told to come in for orientation on Thursday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was expecting minimum wage so I accepted minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

Two interviews, both were group interviews. It was pretty relaxed and it seemed like they were looking for people who were willing to work hard and cared about work and the company. They also seemed to be looking for positive, fashionable people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express (Wauwatosa, WI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with two other people, pretty standard questions. was offered a second interview directly in person and the day of the second interview i recieved a call being offered the job before i even went in.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application on a Thursday I believe, and received a phone call on that Saturday. I had an interview the following Tuesday, and I start on Friday. The managers were really nice. They made everyone feel comfortable. It was a group interview. I would say dress up like you already work that. Also, they call references. It earns you brownie points if you bring a typed out reference sheet. I was the only one who brought one out of the other 2 candidates.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Troy, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for a interview with express and had to wait a while for another person that didn't show. The hiring manager came out and we sat on a bench by the store. It felt more like a conversation than a interview. I think I did well :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary. No benefits but I was looking for something part time for school.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

Interview

I received a call for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with two other girls. We were interviewed in the food court at the mall and the interview questions were pretty much standard. I received a call with an offer to work there a week after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express (Garden City, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I did not receive a call for days, so I called the store for follow up, eventually I was able to speak to manager who told me I did not have enough energy. What?. The interview was one of the best retail interview I have had in a while.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Interview

I applied online. Online you filled out all of your previous work/education experience and answered some scenario questions. Got a call for an interview then had a group interview. They call your references.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She said she would call me on friday and I had to call the store to check in days later and she said I was chosen and it was min wage and if I would like to accept.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express (Albany, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in mid-december & was called back for an interview mid-january. it was a group interview with three other females. I was interviewed by one of the floor managers, she was really sweet but professional. asked basic questions. after the interview, I was called back after a week & a half with an offer.

Interview Questions

• name a time when someone has gone out of their way to help you   Answer Question

Negotiation

it would be dumb to decline unless you got another job in the process but you applied for a reason. they start you up probably at minimum of you haven't worked for a wage higher than that..