Express

Updated 17 Feb 2015
Updated 17 Feb 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express in June 2012.

I filled out an application and turned it in at my local store. I was contacted within a week or two and asked to do an interview in person. The interview was pretty relaxed - the manager and I went to the food court and asked a few questions and then I had to pick out an outfit for someone who would be going out to a party.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you saw a customer who looked like they were stealing?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

I received a call for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with two other girls. We were interviewed in the food court at the mall and the interview questions were pretty much standard. I received a call with an offer to work there a week after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

I applied online. Online you filled out all of your previous work/education experience and answered some scenario questions. Got a call for an interview then had a group interview. They call your references.

Interview Questions
    She said she would call me on friday and I had to call the store to check in days later and she said I was chosen and it was min wage and if I would like to accept.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express in January 2015.

I applied in mid-december & was called back for an interview mid-january. it was a group interview with three other females. I was interviewed by one of the floor managers, she was really sweet but professional. asked basic questions. after the interview, I was called back after a week & a half with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when someone has gone out of their way to help you   Answer Question
    it would be dumb to decline unless you got another job in the process but you applied for a reason. they start you up probably at minimum of you haven't worked for a wage higher than that..

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Applied online, received a call for a group interview about a week later. I was with 2 others and asked basic questions such as previous work experience. Was told I would hear back in the next couple days but never got a call

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your previous job when you had to take the initiative.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express.

The interview was pretty low-key. The manager asked about my retail background and interests, as well as work-life balance and expectations for the job. He asked how I would handle different customer scenarios and what my objectives would be with each customer. I was interviewed with another potential employee, and we were both hired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would report a fellow employee's dishonest actions- of course I would.   Answer Question
    I doubt that there's any potential for negotiation at Express.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I put in my application and received a call about a day or so later for an interview. I set up my interview, at the time I interviewed with the store manager. I had a one on one interview with very basic questions like why express, why retail, etc. I had to give the manager two references. They did call both references. It took about two weeks or so. I'd say if you dont hear back call them - be persistent. After I was hired (and offered minimum wage,) i went through a group orientation where i did really learn much besides who shops at express and how to deal with them.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too hard, usual interview realm of questions.   Answer Question
    it was 7.25 - minimum wage - no exceptions

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was a simple online application like most things, but when you actually got an interview it was a group setting. I had three other people at mine with all fashion degrees, I was a first year engineering major. I landed the job and they didn't. It was a bizarre set up and I think the only reason I landed a job was because I found a similarity between me and the manager.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a person that is trying on clothes that are not the best fit for them and they ask you how it looks, how do you respond?   Answer Question
    I was highly paid at my last job so was able to move my pay above minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

The process was super easy - I applied on a Sunday night and was called Monday for an interview. After my interview, I was told they would call me in a week after checking references, but it was more like two weeks. After two weeks, they called me and formally offered me the job, and then I had orientation and started two days after.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions - the woman who interviewed me immediately started talking about the position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

did application in the store received a call about 2 days later for an interview for seasonal. got there and it was 2 other people. we did separate interview and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions
    • never worked in retail so all the sale questions i had to basically make up with some common sense.   Answer Question