Express Scripts Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.8

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in September 2014.

Took a month with two assessments. Was granted an on site interview with two hiring managers. The in person interview was mostly Star type questions with a role playing a customer/advocate position. Little to no direction was given. Interview was basically a list of the job hours( full operating hours) and then asking questions about behavior. At the conclusion of the interview the hiring manager stated that she offered me a position with the call center and that my job offer letter would come via email on Friday. Friday came and went and no offer letter. Attempted to call hiring manager and rep has not returned any calls or emails. I am shocked by how little respect this company has for its word.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   View Answer

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Express Scripts in September 2014.

Applied online Sunday night. Monday morning got email to do first assessment, mostly math questions. I had 10 minutes to complete 60 question. Only got to number 22, you don't even get to know the score.Tuesday got an email to do the second assessment reading typing kind of test. Am thinking what! Answered all question, never received the score. Wednesday, got a phone call. Was asked to do a phone interview, very quick took like two minutes, got scheduled for an in person interview. Thursday went for interview. Interviewer was awesome and cool! was asked situational questions and customer service questions. Interviewer took me on a tour (thought he is playing me giving false hopes showing me all this great stuff and around right after interviewing. let's just say I had an experience where I was given tours and salary amount only to get a phone email that I won't be hired by FL Hos.).
                After tour he says am hired. Nice huge smile on my face. I still can't believe it. So exciting. My first job without knowing anybody in the inside and all by myself. Pay is better for me and my personal needs. Around the same as LPN and higher than CNA. And everybody wanted me to be a nurse.

I had been trying very hard to get a job, and so many disappointments. But company has great benefits and good schedule for me. Lots of overtime and bonuses.

No. I was satisfied with the offer. Am not sure if you can negotiate.

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Communicating only through email so far which is nice, as I usually am busy throughout the day and will miss calls. The emails also give 24 hours to finish a task, and they get back in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Only gotten through the assessments thus far. he only irritating part is answer the same questions several different times, as with most job assessments.   Answer Question
    actually still in the application process. A few weeks in. Seems promising.

Production Clerk Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Basic interview questions. The typical, what did you like about your last job, and what you didn't like. Once, you get hired it will take forever to get access to areas. They use and outside vendor.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation with the production clerk position.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Hiring has changed. Finance is interested only in individuals from high ranking colleges. The interview process is multi-phased and requires that the individual be seen as a person who is a good 'culture' fit. Prefers younger people who are willing to work for less to gain experience and won't complain about the enormous amount of hours.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

At the time Pharmacist were in high demand not a tuff interview, so the did not ask very many questions, only when I could start and if I needed time off soon.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2014.

Interview Process included multiple telephone interviews followed by multiple in-person interviews. Job description for position was not accurate and differences were not identified early enough in the process to allow candidate to adjust focus. Everybody was extremely pleasant and professional!

Make sure you can relate your experience to their job description (easier when the job you apply for is the one they interview you for). They really want leadership qualifications! The technical IT environment is highly evolved, but management of the functions is lagging behind.

Interview Questions
    • What metrics have you used to track budget on past programs or projects? Difficult because I was unable to tell what they meant; do you mean earned value management, or do you want to know how numbers were arrived at on a past project? Several questions were "fuzzy" and meant to elicit personality traits.   View Answer

Prescription Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port St Lucie, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts.

I applied online and was offered to complete the assessment test for further consideration. Maybe about 4 days later, I was contacted by a recruiter for a quick simple phone interview mainly explaining about the company and my availability. The recruiter scheduled me for a 1:1 interview for the next day and she also sent me a pdf to go over for before the interview. It was very helpful because the use the STAR Method. After my interview was was told that someone would contact me from Talent Acq and sure enough 3 days later I received a job offer from the same recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to go above and beyond what you were expected to do? What approach did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Data Entry Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Versailles, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Versailles, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Express Scripts in July 2014.

You start off by filling out an online application and typing assessment. The assessment lists about 26 entries with sample information you would be entering (name of doctor, health coverage company, address, etc.). You have 5 minutes to complete the assessment and it is required to print the entries prior so you will need a printer. I only got through 3 and a half so I thought I completely failed, but I was called for an interview two days later, and was told I did rather well. They look more at attention to detail and entering information without error, rather than speed and mistakes.

On the interview, they bring you in a room and it is very relaxed. It is conducted by one interviewer and the are very friendly. They explain what the company does and what the position entails before the questions begin. There are 5 behavioral interviewing questions. At the conclusion of the interview, they explain that there are a few things that distract people from accepting employment (such as, parking, cubicle size, shift bids, noise limits, etc.) and if you would be ok with them. The interview takes about an hr.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to perform the same activity over and over. What measures did you take to keep yourself from being distracted. What was the result.

Name a time when you were given a directive you did not agree was in the best interest of the company. How did you handle it and what was the result.
        Answer Question

I got the position, but after careful consideration I declined & decided to stay with the company I was currently working for at the time. The pay increase was minor compared to the 7-30PM shift I had at the time.

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts.

When applying please compete the assessment. Be prepared to answer job simulated questions. The process takes longer than an hour, so be prepared to wait. Make sure to bring all documentation that they request because they will offer you job on the spot.

Pay not competitive

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!