Express Scripts

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.7

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marys, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marys, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Communications by telephone seemed professional and courteous. Ireceived E-mails from that point which were clear about what I needed to do next. Completed about three "personality evaluations" or tests of basic skills. I arrived professionally dressed for my interview as I was instructed--I was shocked when the sloppy dressed and unkempt female escorted me back for the interview, and was more dismayed to learn she was a manager..She seemed ill-prepared with her questions, and unsure of herself...I felt like I was taking control of the interview AND LEADING HER..

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very challenging..mostly discussed the high volume of the calls. I was asked to describe a time on a former job when I made a mistake at work and how I corrected it...   Answer Question

Data Entry Technician Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts.

First a quick phone interview, than an interview at the company location. Starting pay was $13.25 an hour. Went to orientation and realized the place was call center sweat shop. Basically no freedom to even get up and stretch your legs. Very scary and seemed like everyone who worked there was severely depressed.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions, "What short cuts would you take to increase speed and productivity in data entry and privacy.".   Answer Question
    I resigned after 2 weeks.

Prescription Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in November 2014.

Applied online, had to take 2 intense assessments all within 2 days of me applying. Recruiter calls me and leaves a voice mail, call back twice that day and she never returns my call, call again the next day and she finally returns my call.

Interview Questions
    • The job pays $12.50 an hour and the hours are 12 pm to 9 pm   View Answer

Money and Hourse

Insurance Verification/Eligibility Associate Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I applied on Express scripts Website and received a call literally five minutes later. I had an interview over the phone and was scheduled a interview in person the following day. The interview was very laid back and there were two managers interviewing me at the same time. The managers were so nice I felt comfortable and confident when answering all there questions. After The interview they walked me back to the lobby, told me to wait for the recruiter who initially called me. When she came out she offered me the job :) I'll be starting orientation next week and I could be more happier! The background and Employment History check took a little while and there was a lot of back and forth but nothing that can not be handled.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult patient/ Customer. How did you handle it? What was the out come? What did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    Everything was Positive

Patient Care Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Everything at first is done by emails, then you'll get a phone call interview followed by a face to face interview. It can take a process of 2-3 weeks, the background check is what's irritating as the company they use, it seems you're doing the job for themselves as for everything they ask you to provide.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a call where some was saying they are going to kill themselves? Who asks that?   Answer Question

Phone Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I applied on a Tuesday, I believe, for a data entry position. I was contacted by a first recruiter the next day to go ahead and apply for a different position for Phone Pharmacy Technician. I didn't apply right away and was contacted the following day by another recruiter stating that the same position was available and that the data entry had filled up. It was nice of them to offer another position and for me not to have to search around for another once denied the first one.

I applied that Friday. Since I had already filled out the basic questionnaire I did not have to do it again. Recruiter #2 called me the following Monday asking me basic questions about my resume and telling me a little bit more about the job, salary, training, start dates, etc. We set up an interview for the following day (Tuesday).

After entering the office I was greeted by the Senior Staffing Coordinator. She was so nice and friendly. I was nervous but she made me comfortable. I sat down in the main lobby and did a typing test. She said I did great and then handed me a paper to look over while we waited for the interview to start. If you get there early enough, this paper basically has all of the questions they will ask you and is a good study guide. It at least gives you a good heads up to the type of questions (those behavioral ones) they will ask. We ended up waiting for 4 more girls and all went up together.

There was a panel of 6 people waiting for us in a conference room. Intimidating at first but they were all so nice and friendly. They went over the interview process. We took turns each going into an office with two or three of the Lead techs while the rest of us stayed in the conference room chatting. They did this to give us a break between questions which was very nice. Then we would switch out and go with the remaining techs the next round. That was it! I got a call THE SAME DAY telling me I was hired and just needed to complete a background check and drug test.

It was over all one of the best interview processes I've been through.

Dress professionally, be polite and remember to smile and you will do great.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of "give an example when" questions. Study your "START" interview questions and think of examples and you will be fine.

give an example when you had to keep track of many details in a changing environment (something along those lines...)

give an example when you had to deal with an angry customer. (what was the scenario, how did you deal with it and what was the end result?)

Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They start the techs out at 13 as a trainee. once you are certified they will bump you up to 14. After training I believe is when the benefits start.

Prior Authorization Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Filled out application, got a call back no more than a week later. Came in for interview .One interview with one of the supervisors from the department. Asked me basic interview questions. Very laid back setting, made me feel comfortable. I felt like I had the job, I saw a few others int he lobby waiting as well for an interview.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I had one interview met with 2 managers. Interview was pretty basic just asked about why i left current position, explained the processes at ESI. I was basically offered the position that day and was told working post Drcall

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in October 2014.

Applied online Oct 7 received and email to complete an assessment the following day I had received another email to complete a second assessment by Oct 9 recruiter contacted me for a phone interview then invited me for a in-person interview Oct 10

Interview Questions
    • they just want to know how well you handle irate members   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate (At Home) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in October 2014.

I applied online through indeed, and had to take two assessments about a week apart. I was then emailed for an interview, completed the interview and was offered the job on the spot. A background check and drug is required. Waiting now for my acceptance letter via email to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Three fairly easy behavioral questions and a short customer service/angry customer phone role-play.   Answer Question
    Pay was non-negotiable. ($12 hr.)