Express Scripts Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

2.7

Patient Care Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Everything at first is done by emails, then you'll get a phone call interview followed by a face to face interview. It can take a process of 2-3 weeks, the background check is what's irritating as the company they use, it seems you're doing the job for themselves as for everything they ask you to provide.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a call where some was saying they are going to kill themselves? Who asks that?   Answer Question

Prior Authorization Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express Scripts.

Filled out application, got a call back no more than a week later. Came in for interview .One interview with one of the supervisors from the department. Asked me basic interview questions. Very laid back setting, made me feel comfortable. I felt like I had the job, I saw a few others int he lobby waiting as well for an interview.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express Scripts.

I had one interview met with 2 managers. Interview was pretty basic just asked about why i left current position, explained the processes at ESI. I was basically offered the position that day and was told working post Drcall

Patient Care Advocate (At Home) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in October 2014.

I applied online through indeed, and had to take two assessments about a week apart. I was then emailed for an interview, completed the interview and was offered the job on the spot. A background check and drug is required. Waiting now for my acceptance letter via email to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Three fairly easy behavioral questions and a short customer service/angry customer phone role-play.   Answer Question
    Pay was non-negotiable. ($12 hr.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in October 2014.

Applied online Oct 7 received and email to complete an assessment the following day I had received another email to complete a second assessment by Oct 9 recruiter contacted me for a phone interview then invited me for a in-person interview Oct 10

Interview Questions
    • they just want to know how well you handle irate members   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitestown, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitestown, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Express Scripts in October 2014.

I applied online and completed several assessments and tests with several days of applying. Received an invitation to attend a Job Fair within a week. Met their HR representative and 2 Managers. Interviewed that day and received an offer 2 days later. Hourly rate was more than I expected or was advertised due to my previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • Name an example when you had to complete a project during a hectic time, how you handled it and the outcome.   Answer Question
    Very nice. They offered me more than I expected.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in October 2014.

There was one interview. All pre-interview communications are with a recruiter rather than someone in the department one interviews for. Post-interview communications are also with the same recruiter. Security is very rigid. Accessing the parking lot requires going through multiple gates. People must be buzzed into buildings and present ID. Barriers also prevent people from entering the actual work area.

The interview consists mainly of behavioral questions but the interviewers try to be understanding and will gladly give applicants a moment to think before answering. They are also very helpful about answering questions and seem genuinely interested in their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about not having any interaction with patients?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express Scripts in September 2014.

Took a month with two assessments. Was granted an on site interview with two hiring managers. The in person interview was mostly Star type questions with a role playing a customer/advocate position. Little to no direction was given. Interview was basically a list of the job hours( full operating hours) and then asking questions about behavior. At the conclusion of the interview the hiring manager stated that she offered me a position with the call center and that my job offer letter would come via email on Friday. Friday came and went and no offer letter. Attempted to call hiring manager and rep has not returned any calls or emails. I am shocked by how little respect this company has for its word.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express Scripts in September 2014.

Applied online Sunday night. Monday morning got email to do first assessment, mostly math questions. I had 10 minutes to complete 60 question. Only got to number 22, you don't even get to know the score.Tuesday got an email to do the second assessment reading typing kind of test. Am thinking what! Answered all question, never received the score. Wednesday, got a phone call. Was asked to do a phone interview, very quick took like two minutes, got scheduled for an in person interview. Thursday went for interview. Interviewer was awesome and cool! was asked situational questions and customer service questions. Interviewer took me on a tour (thought he is playing me giving false hopes showing me all this great stuff and around right after interviewing. let's just say I had an experience where I was given tours and salary amount only to get a phone email that I won't be hired by FL Hos.).
                After tour he says am hired. Nice huge smile on my face. I still can't believe it. So exciting. My first job without knowing anybody in the inside and all by myself. Pay is better for me and my personal needs. Around the same as LPN and higher than CNA. And everybody wanted me to be a nurse.

I had been trying very hard to get a job, and so many disappointments. But company has great benefits and good schedule for me. Lots of overtime and bonuses.

No. I was satisfied with the offer. Am not sure if you can negotiate.

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Express Scripts.

Communicating only through email so far which is nice, as I usually am busy throughout the day and will miss calls. The emails also give 24 hours to finish a task, and they get back in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Only gotten through the assessments thus far. he only irritating part is answer the same questions several different times, as with most job assessments.   Answer Question
    actually still in the application process. A few weeks in. Seems promising.