Exxon Mobil

Getting the Interview

240 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cost Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details First interview was on campus, behavioral and relaxed, probably because I had a nice interviewer. I received an e-mail a week or so later letting me know that I had passed the first round of interviews and was in the pool of prospective hires that hiring managers choose from. I was contacted about 2 weeks later by a hiring manager in Baytown to gage my interest, then received an official invitation for a second on-site interview in the Baytown complex. I was taken out to dinner the night before my interview at ExxonMobil, and the next day I was taken to breakfast. It was an all-day process and I went through 4 interviews that day. Received my offer about 3 weeks after. The entire process took a little longer than other companies but that's expected from a giant like ExxonMobil, overall everyone I met was very nice and helpful throughout the entire experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilemma and had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very competitive salary, no negotiation needed

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details First round interview for a full time position was on campus. Simple 30 minute interview with behavioral questions. About 3 months later received a phone interview and have not had it yet.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you have ever done and why?   Answer Question

Technical Clerk Interview

Luanda, Luanda (Angola)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in January 2009.

Interview Details The hiring and interview was easy, i applied when working with Worleyparsons. I had an interview after a month which was very easy.

Interview Question – Why ExxonMobil and not any other company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotitions

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through other source and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.

Interview Question – In all of their pages you can find: "ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer." Yet, they do not accept applications from engineering student studying at California State Universities, as if the higher tuition defines higher knowledge. Very disappointing.   Answer Question

Controllers' Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in November 2013.

Interview Details The first interview was on campus and the second one was at the headquarter's location. Both were basically behavioral, Why ExxonMobil? and Why You? kind of questions

Interview Question – If we did not offer you a position in ExxonMobil, what will you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Do not negotiate salary but you can negotiate location

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details Very kind people there at Exxon Mobil. Interviewing process from my university was greatly appreciated as an opportunity to get into the field of oil and gas. I first interviewed in a general interview and then I had a second interview in which a facility called me and gave me another interview.

Interview Question – What makes you different from other engineers?   Answer Question

PhD On-campus Interview Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details Applied through universtiy website and offered on-campus interview

Interview Question – What is the most complex problem you've met during your research and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details The interview was all personality based questions. No technical questions whatsoever. They were very interested in what part of Exxon I wanted to work with.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied through my College's campus recruiting. Interviewed a week later on campus. The atmosphere was formal, but rather relaxed. I enjoyed it frankly.

Interview Question – Questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

Intern Interview