ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jan 2015
Updated 22 Jan 2015

Chemicals and Refining Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied on-line. Online tests and then very quick response for a telephone interview and then an on-site interview. Telephone interview was around 25min and the on-site interview was with two interviewers and lasted around 50min. Both were focused on competency questions on a range of competencies the company values.

Very friendly process but the face-to-face interview involved a lot of travel for just one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you've had to deal with someone being dishonest.   Answer Question

Year Placement Interview

Online application requires only a CV upload followed by yes/no, or select from the available choices questions. (20 min process max). After follows an online numerical test (average difficulty). Completing successfully the test you will be offered a phone interview, followed by a personal interview/assessment center.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I applied on-line and within 2 days an on-line numerical test was sent to me. I completed the test and after 2 weeks I got an invitation for a telephone interview. I did the telephone interview but haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest decision you had to make?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied online through website, passed the psychometric tests and then was emailed with notification of telephone interview, whole process took about 3 weeks or so. Results were also very quick, only about 2 days after.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you analysed numerical data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Very quick to let me know I had an interview after I passed my online assessments. The recruitment team were very helpful and always responded to questions quickly. It took about a month after my interview to hear back with confirmation.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2014.

online application - infinity series graduate and managerial numerical reasoning test - telephone interview - face to face interview
    test was very standard.
    telephone interview 20mins long
    questions are:
    all standard competency questions:
    why apply to exxon,
    why the scheme,
    biggest achievement,
    tell me a time when you overcame a challenge

follow-up question for each question.
    interviewed by a HR, so do not talk about anything too technical.

Graduate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2014.

Interview was very intense with a lot of questions. All competency based but some were very quirky I certainly hadn't answered them before. Make sure you know the ins and outs of your examples and can spin them. Was asked about 8 questions so have plenty in the bank! 2 assessors so think about who to address.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time where you've been under pressure to change a Co the if action but you persevered regardless.   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied via the EMEC event. Application was just a CV and then online numerical test before actual EMEC event. Competency based telephone and then face to face interview. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • A tinge you have worked as part of a team   View Answer

IPS - Industrial Placement Scheme Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

CV submission
    difficult numerical test - SHL
    Phone interview
    face-to-face competency-based interview - this is were it all comes down to, all they look for is a confident leader, radiate calmness and confidence

Refining, Chemicals and EMEEL Graduate Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

You complete an online application, then you get invited to do an online test. Not too difficult once you practice standard SHL tests. If your application is selected, you get invited for a telephone interview. My lasted about 40mins, total of 8 questions. I can only remember a few. What is your greatest achievement? What data and statistics did you consider before deciding what university to attend? Greatest change? Biggest success? And of course Why exxon and the scheme? Very friendly interview. On the 2nd day, I received an email asking for a face to face interview in 2 days. More competency and situational questions. Unfortunately cant remember them anymore.

Interview Questions
    • What data and statistics did you consider before deciding what university to attend and what course to study? Does not sound difficult, but it threw me off for a bit   Answer Question

After my assessment centre, I was given another role that required me going offshore for an extended period. My case was very peculiar lol. Was not ready for that step yet due to personal reasons.