ExxonMobil

Gas and Power Marketing-Graduate Scheme Interview

Gas and Power Marketing-Graduate Scheme

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details Online tests and phone interview

Interview Question – What did you do when you had to give negative feedback to someone   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details First there was an online application with a couple of competency questions. Get through that there's a numerical reasoning online test which is by kinexa. No tricks here just need to practice with more than just SHL. It's more difficult than that.
Next stage is the competency based 1:1 interview at their head quarters in Fawley.
I made it to the final stage months after my application so i assume I wasn't one of the first batch of interview offers.

Interview could've been better but I had exams so didn't give 100%. Not a fan of the Fawley base either.

Interview Question – No technical questions. They were all competency
The toughest one was about giving an example of a time when you failed at something. It's tough to pick something that still makes you look good
  Answer Question

Refining, Chemicals & EMEEL Graduate Scheme Interview

Refining, Chemicals & EMEEL Graduate Scheme
Fawley, Berkshire, South East England, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

Interview Details The process involved an online personality test, phone and a face to face interview. The phone and face to face interviews contained standard competency based questions. Both of them were conducted in a pleasant laid back manner and the interviewer attempted to make it as easy as possible for me to get across the relevant information.

I felt my phone interview went really poorly but was possibly redeemed by giving an extra example at the end when asked if there was any other areas that I felt hadn't been covered.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had to make a decision without having all the relevant information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interviewed at ExxonMobil

Interview Details Online application process - including: had to insert all grades I have received at university.
Numeracy and diagrammatic reason tests online. - I found this very time limited but no more than expected.
Telephone interview - ~30 minutes long and completely competency based

I was declined after this stage

The next stage would be a face-face interview for the particular position I was applying for (or an assessment centre for other positions)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have used numerical reasoning   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Summer Placement Interview

Summer Placement

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details Face to face interview at university looking to establish motivation for applying to the company and reasons for course choice. very friendly interviewers (2) who are alumni from your university.

Interview Question – when have you ever had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Leatherhead, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details Online numerical test, 20 questions in 20 minutes. Then a bog standard HR telephone interview a few weeks after. Normal competencies asked, the interview only lasted 25 minutes.

Interview Question – Take a look at any competency interview, all questions are usually the same.   Answer Question

Aviation Fuel Undergraduate Placement Interview

Aviation Fuel Undergraduate Placement
Leatherhead, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2010.

Interview Details After the application process, asked to complete online assessments.
Then given a phone interview asking competency questions only.
Passed and went through to the face to face interview at Leatherhead. Interviewed by two persons of the Exxon aviation department. Mostly competency based questions again. Some other questions on why I wanted the opportunity.
Afterwards, shown around the site and had a 'casual' and 'informal' chat with the current undergraduate.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Gas Graduate Interview

Gas Graduate
Camberley, England

The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2010.

Interview Details Competency based interview. Exxon makes quite a lot of use of these types of questions these days and I love them .Please describe a time where you had to convince a group of your idea and how you handled the situation?
Another challenge is the continuing need for new, breakthrough technologies that can help find, develop and/or produce oil and gas. Technology more than anything else has been the driving force behind the industry’s ability to deliver increased oil and gas production safely, efficiently and in an environmentally sound manner.

Interview Question – What is the challenge facing the oil industry   View Answer

Startegic Planning Department -- Informational Interview -- Not for Any Specific Job Opening Interview

I applied through another source - interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

Interview Details The interview was on the phone. It was very polite and followed structured questions set by the company. There were digressions to clarify a few items. The interview lasted a few minutes more than anticipated. It was a very good experience. For an informational interview it was very productive use of time and benficial.

Pricing Interview

Pricing
Baytown, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview Details the process is stringent and laborious. I don't think there have to be 4 separate interviews to identify if a candidate is worthy of a job offer. Clearly the need for minorities is represented in the hiring practices.

Interview Question – na   Answer Question

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!