ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baytown, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baytown, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The process is quite intense. You are sent a testing link prior to interviewing. If you do not pass the initial test, you do not go any further in the process. The first interview is with Human Resources and a representative with the department for which you applied. If granted a second interview you will interview with your potential direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about accountability. If you make a mistake are you accountable enough to recognize the mistake and correct the mistake.   View Answer
    I was pleased with the initial offer. No negotiations needed.

Procurement Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Gave some preliminary tests and had a preliminary interview with recruiting agency.Actual interview with departament manager was long of almost 2 hrs, being asked from the typical questions to the more specific regarding certain situations trying to demonstrate skills and knowledge.Second interview with GM, was shorter and based on previous discussion.

Negotations of salary package was held afterwards based on my input on expected pay.

Network Infrastrue Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

On campus recruiting. We filled out paperwork both on our campus webpage as well as the exxonmobil web page. We were selected for on campus interview. Made it through round one interviews, and continued onto round two. After that, 3 people were selected out of my entire university for an internship. The year I applied there were 58,809 students.

IT Project Manager Interview

Hired from college. They only hire college graduates in the IT Company. Onsite interview. Second interview consist of a few interviews onsite. The interview process was pretty easy going. They are interviewing you to see if you fit in the exxonmobil culture. Your grades and activities shows whether are not you can do the work.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. IT was a pretty easy going interview   Answer Question

Upstream Researcher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I had an interview at an campus job fair. I think all PhDs got an interview opportunity. The interview are all behavior questions. the interview took question from a booklet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have multiple solutions/choice. which one did you take, and why?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

If you interview at campus you get offer to visit and get hosted by relatively new employee. Then you sen he day doing 3-4 interviews. These will typically be by one second line supervisor, a senior technical, department head, and finally business manager. If you do great you can get a spot offer.

Interview Questions
    • During these site visits the managers get to ask whatever they want. Some keep it to conversation and some may choose to do a situational interview.   Answer Question
    As a new hire not sure how much negotiation one will really do.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Flown to Beaumont, TX for an interview. HR was great taking care of all the accommodations. Interview was a full day. Talked to potential co-workers as well as potential direct supervisor and his boss. Fairly technical questions and why I wanted to move to Beaumont, etc. Thought I was a shoo-in since I have family in Beaumont, and really, who wants to move to Beaumont? However, did not get job offer.

Project Engineer/Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2014.

I had a screening interview at a prior military hiring conference. The interview lasted 45 minutes starting with me telling about myself. The interviewer did most of the talking and me asking most of the questions. One month later they contacted me for a follow up interview. Another month later the follow up interview process started. First, I had dinner with two Project Engineers the evening before the interviews. On the actual interview day, I had breakfast with Project Engineers as they were explained the benefits to me. The remainder of the day was back to back interviews with several people. Since I already have work experience, the interview questions were geared more towards my past work history and background. My final interview ended with the interviewer telling me that an offer will be sent. Two weeks later, I received the official offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current company to work for us?   View Answer
    • What salary are you looking for?   Answer Question
    They offered more than what I was asking for.

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Took about a month from the initial interview. Asked a ton of behavioral based interview. They really want to see if you are a good fit for the company. The way the company operates is that they don't want to hire you for a job but a career. So make sure you know your resume front and back and can speak articulately about your experiences.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The hiring process was as follows 1. on site career fair interview 2. phone call interview3. on site. It is a typical behavioral interview. Exxon Mobil specifically looks for engineers with social and leadership skills with a high willingness to travel to generally anywhere. They will test you on all of these fronts.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral question: Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question