ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

Machinery Engineer Interview

Interview

A whole day of four total one on one behavioral questioned interviews. I recommend coming up with different answers for each question because you will hear the same ones throughout the day. The day also consists of a plant tour and lunch. You also get to meet with Human Resources and learn about all the benefits and other packages involved with their company.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviews were done in two stages of six seperate interviews. The first two interviews were done with team heads who bassically grill you with behavioural based question. The second stage was with three directors and the C.E.O. They ask behavioural questions based on several areas, academia, work experience, extracurriculla activities.

Interview Questions

• What change process have you initiated in your work and what character trait does this reflect.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Bethlehem, PA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and convinced me to want the job even though it was very far away. I liked how he let me add anything that wasn't covered in the interview that I thought was necessary to add. About 45 minutes overall and felt more like a conversation than a Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Greatest Accomplishment? Time you worked on a team? Where do you think you would best fit at Exxon?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Panel interview of 3 interviewers to 1 interviewee. The interviewers were from 3 different departments of different seniority. Questions asked were closely based on your resume as well as situational based questions. So they basically went through each item you have written on your resume and ask you to elaborate. At the end of the interview, it's the usual question and answer.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience where you have to work with difficult people to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I gave my resume to an ExxonMobil recruiter that attend a job expo at my university. A few days later I got an email telling me that they wanted to interview me on my university's campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sell out an idea to someone.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Interview

All communications were via telephone and text message- no emails which was very strange. First Round interview was quite typical- basic qualifications and leadership. Second round contained 6 interviews, 3 technical and 3 leadership.

Interview Questions

• Questions about specific components of a refining facility and how would they have to be changed depending on different weather events.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

campus interview was very good 1-on-1. done by former graduates of same university. results really depend on how you hit it off with interviewer. min GPA requirements too.

Interview Questions

• what are your weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5years, why choose exxonmobil and the petrochemical industry   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Applied through campus website. Got called up for an interview. The interview process was relatively easy with the HR manager and a technical manager. Questions like what do you see yourself doing in 5 years time, why do you want to work for this company and past experience questions (e.g. describe a situation on how you resolve a conflict).

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was 2 rounds. On the first I received general information by company, tested in English/second language, they were asking general questions by my experience. After I had a Logistic test in 70 minutes. On the second turn it was personal interview, they tested my language skills, experiences and I received a more detailed information by the position and the benefits.

Interview Questions

• Many questions, mainly about my experience and attituted to co-workers and customers.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

Online application and online test followed by phone interview (competency based). The interview was relaxing and I really enjoyed it. I passed my phone interview but did not get notification for face to face final stage interview due to the fully filled internship positions.