ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 11 Dec 2014
Updated 11 Dec 2014

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

I was first invited to dinner on campus. I had another outstanding offer and they were very accommodating. Quickly did first round phone interview and then they sent me to Houston the next week for 2 more interviews. Interview Process was very structured and thorough. All interviews were very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when your problem-solving technique was not working and how you changed it.
      Talk about a time when you had to use data analysis to solve a problem.
      Know your resume (as always) and have stories for everything.

Answer Question
    Negotiating as an intern is probably not your best bet.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Contact them in a career fair on campus in Sep 23, be told to attend the interview next week. The interview is all about behavior question. And also the recruiter wish to know how you will deal with challenge problem and how you cooperate with different people. The interview lasts about 1 hour. I was told that there may be a call for an onsite visit if I pass this round. Last week, I get an email that I have entered the reference system but no further information right now

Project Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The basic process of a phone interview then a whole day of on-site interviewing with management and peers. the on-sire interview will also include a plant tour. make sure to make it a point that you understand the equipment present in the plant.

Interview Questions
    • None. Be sure to ask numerous questions at the on-site interview this is your time to figure out if you want to work for this company if you are an experienced hire. IF there is any hint of incompetency on any of the hiring managers part then most probably your gut is correct.   Answer Question
    Non- negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied through the school. After I applied to hey contacted me for an on campus interview. I then interviewed on campus. Within two weeks I was told that my file had been accepted and sent to hiring managers. Then I was told in a week that I was being flown out for on site interviews. Got offer at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you worked in a group and group members disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Exxonmobil hosted an info session at our University. Networked with the recruiter (alumni of our program) obtained an interview the next day. Very easy going and conversational guy, we talked for about an hour and twenty minutes about leadership. Several behavioral based questions implemented into the conversation with several questions regarding classes I've taken whether I liked them or not. Not my best interview but I received a verbal offer the following day. What they are truly looking for in these interviews is cultural fit. They like competitive, performance driven, very confident, strong leadership potential, and analytical backgrounds. In these interviews true personalities should be projected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince a coworker to do something your way to complete a project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use analytical skills to make a decision   Answer Question
    No negotiation but when considering offer be ready for a challenge. Very structured, competitive, high performance work environment

Intern Interview

Easy interview on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. The people were very pleasant. Make sure that you come with a lot of questions and are comfortable transferring to Texas in the summer.

Systems Analyst Interview

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Intern Interview

Interview was conducted on my University Campus and afterwards was a phone interview. It was set up through my career center so i just basically had to select a time slot and show up ready to interview. The interviewer was nice, polite, and soft spoken, however seemed knowledgeable and had the management position to make this assumption.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard for a behavioral interview. The only thing that made me think for a minute was, "what was your worst class ever". this was unexpected because most interviews would ask the contrary question of "what is your favorite class" which was not asked through the course of this interview.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

A good balance of technical and behavioral questions. Asked about research, challenge, group work. Nothing unexpected. I was nervous before the interview. But the interviewer was nice. After my self introduction, I completely left the nervousness behind. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince your team members to follow your idea?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Two rounds of interviews, second round is an office visit. You meet a lot of people, all of which are very friendly. They love talking about their experience. Have questions ready for them.