ExxonMobil Research Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014

2.8

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

A good balance of technical and behavioral questions. Asked about research, challenge, group work. Nothing unexpected. I was nervous before the interview. But the interviewer was nice. After my self introduction, I completely left the nervousness behind. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • How did you convince your team members to follow your idea?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Applied through career fair on campus. Got an on-campus interview about three weeks later. The interviewer asked me to talk about my research, emphasizing on the novelty of my projects. He also asked me some basic behavioral questions. For example: What did you do when you encounter problems in your research? What are your strengths? What are your greatest accomplishments?

Interview Questions
    • Describe how did you contribute to your research group   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview set up through a campus recruiter.

It was about 1 hour long mostly behavioral questions. Mostly about team work and leadership. Interviewer was very nice. I was told I will be hearing a from them in one or two weeks, so I am waiting.

Research Engineer Interview

interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

I applied through campus career fair. The interview consists of two parts. The first part is to talk about my research. The second part is behavioral questions. The behavioral questions include: talk about your leadership, teamwork, what's the most creative part of your research, how you deal with argument with others, etc.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I went to their information session and got a phone call about campus interview in one or two days. The interview process lasted about 50 mins. I'll waiting for their response.

Interview Questions
    • It is not very formal, and the questions include research as well as two behavioral questions. Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Got the onsite interview invitation one month after the campus interview. Arrived one day before the interview day. First had a dinner with couple of employers. Then interview started the second day with presentation, then 6 one by one interview. One week later, got the rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are related with your research, research group and personal preference.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

Interviews included a 60 min 1:1 campus interview, a 60 min phone interview, and a full day on-site interview. The on-site interview started with an HR interview followed by my 60 minute seminar. I then had 6 45 min 1:1 interviews and a site tour. The campus interviewer seemed distracted and rushed, but my other experiences were positive. Questions were both technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain part of my work that was not the main focus, to determine how fully I understand the overall process.   Answer Question
    I did no negotiating based on comments I saw here and by comparing my offer to a friend's offer who already works there.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2013.

I submitted my application on the University's carrer link and then got a campus interview, lasting about 30-40 mins. Based on the resume, asking some behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player. The interviewer is nice, but I got no offer after one week.

Interview Questions
    • behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Campus interview. Submitted a resume. Called for HR interview. Interview went off fine, and I was told I'd hear back if they have an opening for someone with my skill set.

Interview Questions
    • Standard HR questions - nothing that cannot be answered using a STAR approach. For example, did you work on this project alone or was this a team effort? What are the names of those who contributed to this project before you?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Excellent process