Eze Software

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

3.1

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software in October 2013.

contacted by recruiter. got a tech interview.

Interview Questions
    • after reading reviews from Glassdoor, i was expecting OOO concepts and coding in any language. But i was surprised to C questions. i was prepared to code in Java if it was required. I know C but for coding i was prepared to use Java. but i think interviewer was interested in C/C++. I wish had brushed up C/C++ before interview. usually in any interviews we have the freedom to use any coding language.   View Answer

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in September 2013.

Saw the posting on college career website. Applied online and was contacted by HR less than a week. A phone interview was set up by a recruiter. On the day of the 1st phone interview the recruiter was running late and had to move the interview to the next day. She was still late in calling me the next day. The phone interview was pretty standard, just getting to know me and walking the recruiter through my resume. She then told me should we contact me the following week to set up a Skype interview. She didn't contact me for two weeks after the first phone interview. It seemed to me they didn't follow an exact timeline or even uphold to honoring the time you give them because of the late phone calls I got. My pet peeve is being on time when it comes to giving an interview.

I then had a Skype interview with two hiring managers. They called me 20 minutes after the original time the interview was to take place. That turned me off right away. They apologized and told me my interview would still take 1 hr and give me the extra time I needed. They only gave me 40 minutes. Most of the questions given were about the company and behavioral questions. Both interviewers made me feel like I was wasting their time. They also made it seem the only way to advance in the company was to forever stay in your department. They seemed to be against anyone wanting to continue their education on their own time. When I ended the interview with them I realized the company was not for me.

If you're looking to stay with this program and company for the long run then this might be the place for you. If you're thinking about going back to school in the future and obtaining an Masters then this program is not for you.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in investment and the field of technology?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software.

It's a multi-part interview process with not only the HR rep but also higher up analysts/software engineers. They will ask you the basics (profile questions, background, why you want to work there, etc.) & then pretty much end with a logic question (they seem to recycle the same ones).

Interview Questions
    • I apologize, but I can't seem to remember the questions for the life of me! I think the trickiest one was the one about the socks.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in July 2013.

Applied online, contacted by HR within a couple days to set up a phone screen. Phone screen only took about 10 minutes, pretty standard going over resume and why you are interested in finance/technology.

First round in person interview: First I had to fill out a 13 question application online, which was actually helpful because it allowed me to collect a lot of my thoughts about my experiences ahead of time. In the interview I met with two managers from Connectivity and one from QA, all want to know why you like Eze and finance/technology. More going over resume experiences. Most interviewers will give you logic problems, they want to hear you as you solve it to understand your reasoning.

Was contacted that I had been moved into the position of a QA Analyst (the Leadership Development Program has two options, the other is Connectivity Consultant). Met with two QA managers at once, very similar interview to the first round in terms of going over resume/logic questions. Then met with head of QA- no logic questions but a lot of tough behavioral questions, be prepared with a lot of examples from your school/work experience. Lastly, I met with the co-president. More resume review and logic problems but I think the main point of this interview was to see if you could hold your own with the higher-ups of the company.

Another tip, they leave a good amount of time for you to ask questions so make sure you have some ready to go.

Overall, it was a very good interview experience. The interviewers were friendly, seemed happy with the company, and HR did a great job of communicating next steps.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of logic problems/brainteasers but not too difficult, some of the behavioral ones were tougher -- something along the lines of when did you make an error that let a team down.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Eze Software in July 2013.

Online application - 1st phone interview about my experiences and what the position is about. Recruiter was 30 minutes late with the phone call. Than there was a Skype interview with 3 representatives of different divisions. They all seem uninterested and bored. Standard questions, give me an example when ...., why EZE, why should we choose you. Than I had in office interview with 3 directors, also same type of questions. This lasted about 2 hrs. There was more waiting or another interviewer than actually interviewing. Entire process took about 2 months. Be prepared to talk about your experiences, especially examples of logical thinking, your experience with technology. Finally got an offer a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    There was really no room for negotiation.

Leadership Development Program/QA Analyst & Connectivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Eze Software in June 2013.

The position was posted on my college's career services network. I applied for the program on Eze's website about 2 weeks before the deadline. A week later, I received an email from someone who I assumed was a recruitment manager scheduling an 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer called me 15 minutes late on the day of the interview, introduced herself to me, and proceeded to ask me a series of basic get-to-know-you type questions. I had no idea how the interview went - the woman didn't sound like she was smiling or even really engaged in our conversation. I thought several times that she might ask a follow up question about something I had just said, but she just moved right on to the next question and didn't seem to follow any logical order. The phone interview kind of turned me off to the firm - it seemed way too impersonal, as though I was just another name to interview and they didn't really care one way or another how it went. The interview lasted probably less than 20 minutes out of the allotted 30.

I received an email about a week later from the same woman who had originally emailed me (not the phone interviewer) telling me that they would like to set up a 1-hour Skype interview. I gave them my user ID and this time they called in right on time. The two guys who interviewed me were extremely nice. They had both come through the LDP, but they worked at the NY office, not the Boston one that I was interviewing for. I spoke with each for about 20-25 minutes. They asked me a series of behavioral type questions and, since I don't have a technical or software-based background, asked me what drew me to apply for Eze and what I hoped to accomplish in 3-5 years as a result of coming through the LDP. I asked them questions about what they loved about Eze and what they had done before coming to the firm. When they both told me that they'd never worked anywhere else, it seemed to me that accepting a position in the LDP with Eze would mean being with the firm for a significant amount of time and not being in contact with clients or many other people for a large chunk of it. Although the two young men who interviewed me seemed very happy in their positions with Eze, I hung up the Skype call not sure if I actually wanted the position anymore. If you're looking for a program that will give you a foothold into long-term and growth-oriented employment with the firm, then this is the right program for you.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us exactly what it is that our software helps people to accomplish and why you feel that we provide a valuable service to our clients.   View Answer

QA Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through Craigslist and received an email the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview was very short (lasted only 12 minutes). The recruiter asked why I was interested in financial software, consulting, and eze. She didn't ask me any questions about my previous experiences so I thought I wouldn't be moving on. But I got an email for a round 1 interview a few days later. Before the first round interview, I had to fill out a very long form called Online Questions with questions such as what are your 3 biggest strengths/weaknesses, describe a time when you took initiative, etc. Definitely allow yourself a few hours to fill out this form because they will use these questions and answers to interview you.

The first round interview consists of three 45-minute interviews with someone from QA and two from connectivity. The one from QA asked two logic questions which were posted on here. Do your research beforehand so it doesn't catch you off guard. Like I said before, the interview questions are based on the form your filled out prior to the interview. Some of the interesting questions I got from the other two interviewers were "tell me something that's not on your resume" and "if you make a mistake in front of a client, how would you handle the situation?"

I didn't hear back for a week and decided to follow up and I was invited for the second round interview. This time, I met with people in senior positions from the QA side. I was given two logic question that weren't posted here but I worked my way through the problem. During this round, the interviewers focused more on my interests and why I am interested in the financial software industry.

I didn't hear back for a week and decided to contact them again. I didn't get a response until 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about us?
      Logic questions:
      match and 2 string
      how to get 4 people across a bridge in 17 minutes
      feather game: you have 11 feathers and you and a friend take turns removing 3, 2, or 1 feathers. The goal is to leave the opponent with 1 feather. How many would you remove in the first turn to guarantee a win?

Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview was all standard behavioral questions. HR representatives were professional. Overall the process went smoothly. I had applied online and was contacted within a week or two. I was not really very interested in the position and it showed, so I was not invited for an in-person interview.

Senior Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Eze Software.

3 Interviewers, basic questions.
    Interview started with questions on background and then continued to technical questions

Leadership Program Interview