F5 Networks

Updated 23 Jan 2015

3.2

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

Initial interview went well. I had actually applied for a different role but the hiring manager proposed I look in to NSE as it matched better with my education background. Technical Interview went well, passed just above the bar and was invited for a face to face interview. I was confident that I would pass the final technical interview but it came as tough to me as they determined I actually lacked the hands on technical analysis requirement of the role. But they recommended that I apply for the role again as I have gained more experience since I had a good grasp on the theoretical aspects of the technology.

Interview Questions
    • Communication between two computers using a cable and determining if packet will be received by the other machine.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

I got an initial email from the recruiter (HR), then scheduled with the same HR employee a quick 30 minutes interview, with simple and less-simple technical questions - no personality test. I did well, so I qualified for the second round: One hour of tougher technical questions with a support engineer. This is CCNA level and beyond (all 7 layers of the OSI model and the full TCP/IP stack) plus Linux.

Ene Interview

First Contact from HR - a quick 30 Min interview covering basic TCP/IP and Linux
    Booked for a second tech interview. Two engineers drilled into the details of TCP and almost two or three qns in every osi layer. Then a bunch of question on Linux OS. Questions were asked about the basic CLI commands

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks.

asinine impersonal lazy

If you've ever had a phone discussion with a recruiter from Google, or Apple, or just about any tech company you're familiar with how they like to find good candidates and match them with teams that fit their skill sets. Recruiters that actually put a little effort into their job.

Don't expect that with F5. F5 recruiters aren't even going to send you and email. They have an assistant who will do that. The assistant will schedule a time for a phone interview and that's about it.

Then you'll have a phone interview where you are expected to write code on an online whiteboard. This is pretty common practice these days, but that isn't what is really going to happen. Your interview is likely to just hang up on you because he doesn't think you could write the code by looking at your resume.

You can assure your interviewer that you read the job description and you have extensive experienced in every major area the job description lists. Give examples, sure, that might help. You can assure them that you you can work with the programming language he mentions. But you should just save your effort and pride and just say "Thank you. Have a nice day." because they couldn't be bothered to let you even attempt the coding exercise you were told to prepare for because they can't fathom how someone with your resume and experience could even begin to use the specific language they like to use.

The recruiter will still not email you.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with network protocol development and implementation?   View Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at F5 Networks in January 2015.

This company seems like a great place to work. I have a few friends that work here and they seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

I had a referral to this company by a friend and the recruiter contacted me shortly after for a phone interview request.

The phone interview didn't go so well, unfortunately. The collab code editor didn't work for either of us, so we had to do the technical questions verbally, which was a bit confusing but alright.

I don't want to sound rude, but the interviewer's accent was really strong, as in I couldn't understand him at all. I kept asking him to repeat the questions and since I felt bad for asking so many times, I just tried to piece together what he was saying.

Aside from that, the questions he gave were OK. They were average CS-oriented questions, mostly regarding data structures (trees, queues, stacks in particular). The position was for a Javascript web developer, so the questions seemed a bit hard for the position.

Enterprise Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks in December 2014.

Applied online, took a long time to get the phone screen scheduled because the HR personel was on vacation. Finally, had a phone interview after 3 weeks of application. It was like a typical screening interview touching various topics on networking and system (linux). Then I flew to Seattle and had 1:1. The onsite was 2 hours technical and then managerial/behavioral of 30 mins each.
    The good things is not only they pay for the flight but also the taxi, meal etc.

Professional Services Engineer Interview

Very touch, thorough interview questions over the phone (network related) They ask alot of questions in regards to TCP related, http protocol, and trying to weed out those who are weak on basics.

Field Systems Engineer Interview

I thought the interview went well, but the process was very time consuming and not worth the time. I would go work at a different company.Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts
    Content not relevant or helpful to our community

Interview Questions
    • The technical, verbal and the posture of the person was inadequate.Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts
      Content not relevant or helpful to our community

Answer Question

Enterprise Account Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at F5 Networks in September 2014.

I got a call from F5's HR and he was very friendly and polite.

Asked some background information like where I'm residing and my current occupation, company and responsibilities which seemed standard.

Gave me some technical questions like;

Explain the TCP handshake, what is Autonegotiation, what is a web proxy. what is PuTTy, what is WireShark.

Interview Questions
    • Where in the Windows AD is the default folder for users?   Answer Question

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks in September 2014.

I had applied online for this position and I got a call from the company recruiter the following week asking me details about my background. Once that was done, he emailed me a list of technical questions which I had to answer and email back within 30 minutes. They are pretty straight forward if you know your concepts. The following week, I was asked to come over for an in-person interview with the entire team.

Every person who interviewed me was very friendly, professional and had little humour as well. I felt extremely comfortably the whole time. The first person had a technical screening worth 75 minutes or so, after which I was interviewed by two people from the team discussing mostly about my background and work experience. After that I had a brief conversation with the vice-president of the company, who was also very friendly. Overall it was an excellent experience. Every one at F5 Networks handled the whole process with great professionalism, unlike few others I had interviewed for before.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very detailed. One part was related to networking were quite straight forward if you know your stuff. All the questions pertained to OSI model (L2 to L4), HTTP and SSL. Make sure you know these concepts thoroughly. The other part was all based on Unix and Linux CLI. They were all mostly basic questions and I was able to get through the entire interview process comfortably.   Answer Question
    Very convenient. I was happy with the offer provided to me.