F5 Networks

Updated 21 Oct 2014

3.2

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

Initial interview went well. I had actually applied for a different role but the hiring manager proposed I look in to NSE as it matched better with my education background. Technical Interview went well, passed just above the bar and was invited for a face to face interview. I was confident that I would pass the final technical interview but it came as tough to me as they determined I actually lacked the hands on technical analysis requirement of the role. But they recommended that I apply for the role again as I have gained more experience since I had a good grasp on the theoretical aspects of the technology.

Interview Questions
    • Communication between two computers using a cable and determining if packet will be received by the other machine.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

I got an initial email from the recruiter (HR), then scheduled with the same HR employee a quick 30 minutes interview, with simple and less-simple technical questions - no personality test. I did well, so I qualified for the second round: One hour of tougher technical questions with a support engineer. This is CCNA level and beyond (all 7 layers of the OSI model and the full TCP/IP stack) plus Linux.

Ene Interview

First Contact from HR - a quick 30 Min interview covering basic TCP/IP and Linux
    Booked for a second tech interview. Two engineers drilled into the details of TCP and almost two or three qns in every osi layer. Then a bunch of question on Linux OS. Questions were asked about the basic CLI commands

Field Systems Engineer Interview

I thought the interview went well, but the process was very time consuming and not worth the time. I would go work at a different company.Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts
    Content not relevant or helpful to our community

Interview Questions
    • The technical, verbal and the posture of the person was inadequate.Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts
      Content not relevant or helpful to our community
        Answer Question

Professional Services Engineer Interview

Very touch, thorough interview questions over the phone (network related) They ask alot of questions in regards to TCP related, http protocol, and trying to weed out those who are weak on basics.

Enterprise Account Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at F5 Networks in September 2014.

I got a call from F5's HR and he was very friendly and polite.

Asked some background information like where I'm residing and my current occupation, company and responsibilities which seemed standard.

Gave me some technical questions like;

Explain the TCP handshake, what is Autonegotiation, what is a web proxy. what is PuTTy, what is WireShark.

Interview Questions
    • Where in the Windows AD is the default folder for users?   Answer Question

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at F5 Networks in September 2014.

I had applied online for this position and I got a call from the company recruiter the following week asking me details about my background. Once that was done, he emailed me a list of technical questions which I had to answer and email back within 30 minutes. They are pretty straight forward if you know your concepts. The following week, I was asked to come over for an in-person interview with the entire team.

Every person who interviewed me was very friendly, professional and had little humour as well. I felt extremely comfortably the whole time. The first person had a technical screening worth 75 minutes or so, after which I was interviewed by two people from the team discussing mostly about my background and work experience. After that I had a brief conversation with the vice-president of the company, who was also very friendly. Overall it was an excellent experience. Every one at F5 Networks handled the whole process with great professionalism, unlike few others I had interviewed for before.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very detailed. One part was related to networking were quite straight forward if you know your stuff. All the questions pertained to OSI model (L2 to L4), HTTP and SSL. Make sure you know these concepts thoroughly. The other part was all based on Unix and Linux CLI. They were all mostly basic questions and I was able to get through the entire interview process comfortably.   Answer Question
    Very convenient. I was happy with the offer provided to me.

FCE Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at F5 Networks.

Call interview for the technical, like network (Layer 2 and 3 ), OS (linux), HTTP, ssl (SSL shake, encryption, certificate ), dns. 1:1 for the soft skill.

Also have English test as it is global support.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at F5 Networks in August 2014.

My sense is that the company is very well liked by the people who work there. Many folks have been with the company a relatively long time. That said, it is not a stagnant place and the people I interviewed with are top-notch engineers - seriously, the best of the best. The interview was long but not out of the ordinary these days: about 6 hours. I interviewed with seven people; most by video conference, which went well. All of them knew their stuff and most were very cordial. The questions varied but there was a strong focus on signal integrity, PCB materials, and the like. A recent SI hire is quite talented and will drill down. The local (Lowell) engineers are seasoned and easy to talk with. It's clearly a very high quality company. Do your homework.

Software Engineer III Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at F5 Networks in August 2014.

4-5 interviews. They were all good experiences. People were really nice and I learned something new from every one of them. They asked a lot of questions on networks even if you specify you do not have any background in the same.