F5 Networks Interview Questions

3.2

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chertsey, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

I got an initial email from the recruiter (HR), then scheduled with the same HR employee a quick 30 minutes interview, with simple and less-simple technical questions - no personality test. I did well, so I qualified for the second round: One hour of tougher technical questions with a support engineer. This is CCNA level and beyond (all 7 layers of the OSI model and the full TCP/IP stack) plus Linux.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chertsey, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

Initial interview went well. I had actually applied for a different role but the hiring manager proposed I look in to NSE as it matched better with my education background. Technical Interview went well, passed just above the bar and was invited for a face to face interview. I was confident that I would pass the final technical interview but it came as tough to me as they determined I actually lacked the hands on technical analysis requirement of the role. But they recommended that I apply for the role again as I have gained more experience since I had a good grasp on the theoretical aspects of the technology.

Interview Questions
    • Communication between two computers using a cable and determining if packet will be received by the other machine.   Answer Question

Ene Interview

First Contact from HR - a quick 30 Min interview covering basic TCP/IP and Linux
    Booked for a second tech interview. Two engineers drilled into the details of TCP and almost two or three qns in every osi layer. Then a bunch of question on Linux OS. Questions were asked about the basic CLI commands

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in September 2014.

I had applied online for this position and I got a call from the company recruiter the following week asking me details about my background. Once that was done, he emailed me a list of technical questions which I had to answer and email back within 30 minutes. They are pretty straight forward if you know your concepts. The following week, I was asked to come over for an in-person interview with the entire team.

Every person who interviewed me was very friendly, professional and had little humour as well. I felt extremely comfortably the whole time. The first person had a technical screening worth 75 minutes or so, after which I was interviewed by two people from the team discussing mostly about my background and work experience. After that I had a brief conversation with the vice-president of the company, who was also very friendly. Overall it was an excellent experience. Every one at F5 Networks handled the whole process with great professionalism, unlike few others I had interviewed for before.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very detailed. One part was related to networking were quite straight forward if you know your stuff. All the questions pertained to OSI model (L2 to L4), HTTP and SSL. Make sure you know these concepts thoroughly. The other part was all based on Unix and Linux CLI. They were all mostly basic questions and I was able to get through the entire interview process comfortably.   Answer Question
    Very convenient. I was happy with the offer provided to me.

Enterprise Account Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at F5 Networks in September 2014.

I got a call from F5's HR and he was very friendly and polite.

Asked some background information like where I'm residing and my current occupation, company and responsibilities which seemed standard.

Gave me some technical questions like;

Explain the TCP handshake, what is Autonegotiation, what is a web proxy. what is PuTTy, what is WireShark.

Interview Questions
    • Where in the Windows AD is the default folder for users?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in April 2014.

Communication was great, the interview was staged into 3 technical interviews then a management level interview. The technical interviews all came in asking questions about real problems they were solving not just the theory BS that alot of places use. Management interview was lunch and just talking about various situations. Overall a very smooth interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but unexpected because I was interviewing for a python position was questions about javascript.   Answer Question
    Initial offer was high enough I did not feel like negotiating so it was smooth.

Network Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in August 2014.

Applied online and got response within a day with a 30 mins technical screening interview request via phone.
    Fixed the time and spent over 45 mins chatting with the HR lady over the phone. She asked series of questions related to Networks, DNS, Linux/Unix, HTTP/HTTPs and SSL.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't prepare at all for the interview as i was not expecting that much technical questions but still i managed to pass the interview with flying colors.   Answer Question
    easy, via email.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at F5 Networks in May 2014.

Phone interview with Staffing Manager and 2 Sr. VP's supporting Global Services followed by an onsite interview with Staffing Manager, Sr. Recruiter, HR Director and VP of Global Service Delivery. Process was quick, hiring decision was even quicker!

Interview Questions
    • Describing managing/planning for large volume of recruiting   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at F5 Networks in July 2014.

Applied online. Got call from recruiter. Set up phone interview with hiring manager in few days. Manager was very friendly. Explained about company. Asked my experience related to requirements of the position and interest in position and about the company. Asked some problem solving (DS/algorithm related) questions. They see how you approach it. Not the exact answer. Next round would have been coding related interview with team members onsite. But couldn't clear the initial screen.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solving questions - can't reveal due to policy.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in July 2010.

5 Interview process - Interviewed with the Hiring Manager, VP of Sales, Systems Engineering Manager, and I had two interviews with other current Account Managers on the team. One of the "Peer Interviews" was on the phone and the other was in person. I interviewed with both the hiring Manger and the Vice President while they were in town together at a QBR.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I knew the offer and I accepted it as it was presented

Worked for F5 Networks? Contribute to the Community!