F5 Networks Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chertsey, England
    Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

I got an initial email from the recruiter (HR), then scheduled with the same HR employee a quick 30 minutes interview, with simple and less-simple technical questions - no personality test. I did well, so I qualified for the second round: One hour of tougher technical questions with a support engineer. This is CCNA level and beyond (all 7 layers of the OSI model and the full TCP/IP stack) plus Linux.

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chertsey, England
    Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in November 2013.

Initial interview went well. I had actually applied for a different role but the hiring manager proposed I look in to NSE as it matched better with my education background. Technical Interview went well, passed just above the bar and was invited for a face to face interview. I was confident that I would pass the final technical interview but it came as tough to me as they determined I actually lacked the hands on technical analysis requirement of the role. But they recommended that I apply for the role again as I have gained more experience since I had a good grasp on the theoretical aspects of the technology.

Interview Questions
    • Communication between two computers using a cable and determining if packet will be received by the other machine.   Answer Question

Ene Interview

First Contact from HR - a quick 30 Min interview covering basic TCP/IP and Linux
    Booked for a second tech interview. Two engineers drilled into the details of TCP and almost two or three qns in every osi layer. Then a bunch of question on Linux OS. Questions were asked about the basic CLI commands

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at F5 Networks in July 2014.

Applied online. Got call from recruiter. Set up phone interview with hiring manager in few days. Manager was very friendly. Explained about company. Asked my experience related to requirements of the position and interest in position and about the company. Asked some problem solving (DS/algorithm related) questions. They see how you approach it. Not the exact answer. Next round would have been coding related interview with team members onsite. But couldn't clear the initial screen.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solving questions - can't reveal due to policy.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in July 2010.

5 Interview process - Interviewed with the Hiring Manager, VP of Sales, Systems Engineering Manager, and I had two interviews with other current Account Managers on the team. One of the "Peer Interviews" was on the phone and the other was in person. I interviewed with both the hiring Manger and the Vice President while they were in town together at a QBR.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I knew the offer and I accepted it as it was presented

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northeast, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in April 2014.

Referred by a current employee. The process was smooth, four interviews via phone and one in person. Interviewers calling were on time and clear compared to some phone interviews I had where people had bad connections or tons of background noise.

Interview Questions
    • How do you influence stakeholders you have limited contact with and little to no leverage for their cooperation?   Answer Question
    Negotiable, comp and benefits are good.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in February 2014.

Interview process is longer than most other tech companies.
    Had 1 phone screen with the hiring manager about my current work and 1 algorithmic question.
    Had 8 onsite 1:1 interviews with a paper-based coding test. The paper-based coding test is what you would give to a college student.
    All interviewers were nice and friendly. All asked me 1 coding problem and 1 general question about either networking, OO programming or security. Not all interviewers asked me about my current work.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy, nothing difficult. The interview process was too long.   Answer Question
    Negotiation experience was bad. Its difficult to get them to quote higher salaries because they have hard set ranges for different level. This is a problem when you are coming from a big or high-paying tech firm. You would most certainly have to go for a lower pay.

Software Engineer Interview

I handed over my resume to them at a career fair which was held at school. After about a month, they e-mailed me to confirm my phone number. I scheduled an interview with them via phone call, and the interview was on campus. After that, all contacts were by e-mails.

Product Release Manager, Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in January 2014.

Pretty straight forward. I had a phone interview with the recruiter first and then later that week she scheduled an in person interview at the office. I interviewed with the recruiter again, then two team members, the manager, and the director (all 30min meetings back to back). I prepared well in advance of the interview so I was ready for 95% of the questions before they were asked.

Interview Questions
    • None really, but be prepared to answer the following:

1. Why do you want to work for F5? This question WILL be asked
      2. What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      3. Give me an overview of your last job.
      4. Answer questions specific to your resume
      5. Scale of 1-10, how familiar are you with system tools - Microsoft office, Agile or SQL?
      6. Why did you leave the last company?
      7. Explain any time gaps in resume
      8. What are some of your leadership experiences?
      9. Describe an accomplishment you are most proud of.
      10. Do you have any questions - AND OF COURSE YOU DO. ;)
        View Answer
    They offered me an increased salary, bonus's, stock, full benefits, 401K match. The offer was very generous and I did not feel the need to negotiate and respond with a counter offer.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in March 2014.

Very thorough process that involved a phone screen, followed by an on-site interview with ~6 others. The on-site interview started with a small/simple paper exercise on basic programming questions. This appeared to be used to seed one of the interviews. The individual one-on-one sessions were done with talented folks from those fairly new to long term veterans of F5. Each interview was unique, but each seemed more of a collaborative investigation more than simple questions and answers. White board work and general talk through things was encouraged. Overall felt like a solid interview such that when I received the offer, I was sure that I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't limited to my area of experience and some were more of a collaborative investigation with a subject matter expert. Working through questions about allocating tight structures and then manipulating them were challenging for on-the-spot work, but were actually fun in the end.   Answer Question
    The whole process of moving to the offer was slowish and methodical as F5 takes hiring seriously in terms of budgeting and job fit. Negotiation was limited to relocation funds.

Worked for F5 Networks? Contribute to the Community!