FAA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Computer Specialist Interview

Computer Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FAA in May 2010.

Interview Details Process is long, outdated and not precisely clear and is dynamic. Key is landing the interview and getting through the red tape and into an actual interview. Interview was a panel based interview with questions ranging from technical to objective in nature.

Negotiation Details – Fast.

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist Interview

Airway Transportation Systems Specialist
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FAA in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied 2/23/2013 and was called for an interview in May 2014. I received an offer for the position on 6/18/2014. I applied on line via USAJobs website which is a joke. To date I have applied for 400+ positions and have had 2 interviews. Jobs that I'm overqualified for in the civilian sector, I am found to be 'not qualified' for in the Federal market.

Interview Question – Standard behavioral questions . . . describe a time when you ........   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward. You salary is $X. Will you accept?

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Aerospace Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at FAA.

Interview Details This Interview Process was pretty standard. I applied online and heard back a few weeks after. We set up a phone interview which lasted about 45-60 minutes. The structure was basic; they asked typical behavioral questions. After this, the interviewer and I kept in touch as they were going through the decision making process.

Interview Question – The questions weren't all that difficult. An example would be: Explain a time where you lead a team of more than 10 people.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at FAA.

Interview Details ask questions about c sharp, n-tier. 2 people interview you. Then they call you 3-4 weeks later to let you know you got the job. They are not in any hurry. Trust me.

Negotiation Details – no negotionaations

Management and Program Analyst Interview

Management and Program Analyst
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FAA in July 2012.

Interview Details Seamless, transition from contractor to government. No real misunderstanding a the FAA had already seen me work. No one had any misconceptions and they were helping me out immensely with making it a foot in the doorl

Negotiation Details – Easy

Front Line Manager Interview

Front Line Manager
Aurora, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at FAA in March 2010.

Interview Details All applicants had to be Certified Air Traffic Controllers to be eligible to bid for this job. The job announcement was posted online at USAJobs.gov. The application had to be submitted online, and involved uploading a resume and answering four essay questions (aka KSa's) - each with a 4000 character limit. The best qualified candidates were interviewed (your choice of in-person or via telephone) by a panel of four. The questions all pertained to managing people and government employment policies, not technical air traffic situations.

Interview Question – What do you know about the annual strategic plan for the facility you are bidding?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating - the offer is 'take it or leave it', since salaries in this field are set by public law.

Aerospace Engineer Interview

Aerospace Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FAA.

Interview Details Standard interview with an open format to describe technical details. They can only ask what is already listed on the job description.

Interview Question – Open ended so they basically just listen, hard to determine where you should go with an answer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FAA in June 2013.

Interview Details Never got an interview process. I had just a few short phone conversations before starting, on verification of personal information

Contract Specialist Intern Interview

Contract Specialist Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FAA.

Interview Details I was interviewing for a summer internship position (which eventually turned into a full-time permanent position). The interview was over the phone and I was asked very standard questions like "What's your background" and "What's your biggest weakness."

Interview Question – Honestly, I can't say that any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. It was also an entry-level internship, so I didn't expect it to be too difficult.   Answer Question

Aviation Safety Inspector Interview

Aviation Safety Inspector
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FAA in August 2009.

Interview Details lengthy process, difficult to confirm status of application, interview is simply verification of qualifications

Interview Question – waiting on a response from HR for hiring decision, then being prompted to start immediately.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Worked for FAA? Contribute to the Community!