FCB

Updated 13 Nov 2014

2.8

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FCB in December 2013.

Recruiter Skyped with those who were selected from our campus, I then skyped with an Account Coordinator.
    First one lasted maybe 20 minutes, and was very straight-forward. The second one felt like more of a conversation. It felt like more of a "can we get along and just talk for a bit" kind of interview more than it was me getting grilled on some questions.

Junior Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn (Estonia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn (Estonia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FCB.

Probably the interview will be made with one employee from HR and one from development area. The questions are easy but you have to know everything they are asking, that would be acessibility, validation and so on.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to make a blind person have the same interaction of the normal user?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FCB in October 2013.

Met them at a career fair, then was called back for an interview the next day with 2 HR representatives

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at FCB.

Hiring process for this position was actually a promotion. I reached out in an effort to build an SEO offering for Draftfcb in Chicago.

I was met with general enthusiasm, but was essentially put to a trial by fire. My first task, pre-promotion was to run a SERM campaign for the company. When success metrics were being met, and all top brass were satisfied, they gave me the job.

Interview Questions
    • In this case, there weren't any tough or unexpected questions. Though, the toughest bit about this process was keeping very high-level executives informed and educated on what the processes, timeframes, and expected outcomes were to be.   Answer Question
    Simple- I accepted the promotion in a meeting setup with my original and new supervisor. The raise was fairly substantial.

Account Supervisor Interview

Lots of attitude here. More flash than substance.

Terrible culture

Copywriter Interview

Interview process wasn't terribly difficult. Although communication was at times lacking. But that doesn't seem to be anything new in the ad world. Could go weeks without contact with their creative recruiters...then suddenly interviewing...only to go weeks again with no contact or impression of a final outcome. Inside the building, everyone I met with was nice. Did the usual interview process of thirty minutes with this person and thirty minutes with that. Did find it interesting that I seemed to interview with several people who obviously weren't looking to hire. I believe I talked to eight people in one day. Maybe three of them were into the actual interview, the rest were simply going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. They usual taking CD's through your work, etc.   Answer Question
    At the time, they weren't much for negotiating. It was basically a take it or leave it offer. If you don't want it, we'll find someone else.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at FCB.

Had an on campus interview. It was a pretty standard advertising interview, where I was asked for examples of both good and bad advertising campaigns, a walk through my resume, skills and experiences that exemplify why I'm a good fit, why Draft specifically, and why the position. Come prepared with your personality, your stories, and your smile!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me three things about yourself that I wouldn't get from reading your resume.   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FCB.

I had an on-campus interview with HR after submitting my resume. I heard back from the company about a week later. The interview was very casual.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult project you ever worked on?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCB.

Only 3 interviews with Media Supervisors/AMD's and one interview with HR. Interview with each person was relatively quick - only around 5 min with HR (on the phone) and about half an hour with each Supervisor and/or AMD

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty straightforward and general - such as what are your weaknesses/strengths, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FCB in June 2012.

Had three interviews total: 1) HR, 2) direct manager, 3) previously financial analyst in the position, 4) department manager/controller. The entire interview process took a week, but everything was obviously unplanned and rushed to fill in the spot. Interviews took place in rooms where an appointment had obviously not been booked (other employees were having meetings etc.), everybody in the department had gotten a promotion because others in the finance department had either left the company, or had been let go. Managers were obviously unexperienced in their role, and came across as very unprofessional in terms of preparation as well as the interviewing presentation/process. The previous finance analyst had gotten a promotion, and came across very rude and was borderline demeaning and hostile; questions about my skillset that I answered confidently were met with "Are you sure? Do you really know how to do X and Y?" Withdrew my application immediately after.

Interview Questions
    • None. No preparation went into the interview process, all generic interview questions   Answer Question