FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 17 May 2014

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2014.

I applied through the online portal, I then got called by an HR to schedule an onsite interview,
The first round was conducted by two managing directors, it was pretty easy going through CV,
career aspirations, knowledge of e-discovery
The second round was pretty much an extended version of the first one, nothing
to worry about.

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Not right role

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question
    They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Questions
    • None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I interviewed for FTI through campus recruiting. I submitted a resume through career services (no cover letter) and was contacted to do a first round on campus interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes and was behavioral. After about a week and a half I was contacted for a final round interview at their office. This was comprised of 3 45 minute behavioral interviews. Each interview had one senior level and one junior level employee.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top challenges facing the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Was originally contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the recruiter at FTI. Had the normal phone screen with the recruiter and then had another phone screen with a manager. Both were relatively straight forward and easy. I was then invited to the Chicago office where I met with two Directors. Both interviews went well. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and said the Director's really liked me, so she asked if she could contact my references as that was the last step before they give the official offer. After contacting my references, she extended me a verbal offer! She said she would send over the official (paper) offer the next day; however, I never heard from her. A few days later, I called the recruiter and she said they didn't have a project to staff me on that time, so they were going to wait a month before officially signing me. Never heard from her. A few months later, they ended up contacting a friend of mine for the exact same role. Not sure if they ever intended to give me a real offer, but if they didn't and they were merely stringing me along, they should have never asked to speak to my references as some of them were my coworkers. Also, don't make someone go through the whole process of leaving work and taking time off if you don't even have the capacity to hire them.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you exceeded your superior's expectations.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roseland, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseland, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2013.

I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Questions
    • There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

There are two rounds of interviews. At the second there are 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviews with the managing directors. Very cool people not a high stress environment. However, there is a skills evaluation portion which tests financial/accounting knowledge and computer skills.

Interview Questions

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!