FTI Consulting Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 4 Apr 2015
Updated 4 Apr 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through the online portal, I then got called by an HR to schedule an onsite interview,
The first round was conducted by two managing directors, it was pretty easy going through CV,
career aspirations, knowledge of e-discovery
The second round was pretty much an extended version of the first one, nothing
to worry about.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England) in April 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Not right role

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England) in January 2011.

Interview

Informal process very chatty, quick responsive, keen to show me about the firm, friendly, informative, smooth, explained ambition of firm, type of work, travel requirements, salary open and bonus discussed

Interview Questions

• Why FTI, why Resturcturing, experience, view in travel   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by all "non-staff" employees. They had obviously never been given interview direction. They were awkward people in general. It lasted about 30 minutes total. They didn't ask me any questions relative to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in office interview with three Senior Managing Directors in the Boston Office and one Skype interview (the interviewer was in a conference call during our scheduled meeting time).

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Some easy statistics questions and questions regarding Stata.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, great offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Interview

Learned of the position through TAMU Engineering Career. Applied online and received an email after a couple weeks to schedule an on-campus interview. I was unable to attend in person, but they allowed me to participate in a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work through a problem.   1 Answer

They offered to fly me to Houston for a second interview, but I decided it was better for me to pursue an opportunity that was "real" engineering, where I would actually put my degree to work for a bit. It didn't sound like a bad gig at all down the line though, no technical number crunching, more analytical thinking.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, very friendly, mostly behavioral for the first round, few basic finance questions (3 financial statements). Final rounds were mostly behavioral and one case interview. The case interview dealt with a finance related problem in my interview but that wont always be the case. Make sure you know why you want to go into financial consulting.

Interview Questions

• You should know basic finance (Valuation, Financial Statements)   Answer Question