FTI Consulting

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance and Economic Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Process took 2 weeks. Applied through campus recruitment and was invited to an online assessment test. The test was numerical, not too difficult, but would require you to pace through. One week later, got an email invitation to assessment centre in London.

The day started from 9.30 am. Introduction session followed by two tests. One numerical with no calculator and a verbal (GMAT style), both 30 questions in 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Very time-restricted.

After that, we had lunch with first year associates. Afternoon included a group case then a written exam. Had to summarize an economic article (more like a story).

Interview Question – Case: You are a firm (bank/lottery operator) bidding for a lottery contract from a developing country government   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details After submitting the initial application, I was invited to do an online numerical test. The test was not too hard and I was invited for an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of numerical test without a calculator. The numerical test was quite different as it had a few statistics and algebra related questions. After that there was a verbal reasoning test which was followed by a group exercise that included a case study of evaluating lottery operators. There was also a reading comprehension where you are required to summarise a text that they provide.

Interview Question – The text provided in the reading comprehension was quite hard to summarise effectively.   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

London, England

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Interview Question – our recent projects   Answer Question

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Numerical test without a calculator and a GRE style verbal test - verbal test was straight forward but most candidates had trouble finishing the numerical test in time.
Group case study where you need to discuss with two or three other candidates in the team, and a 5 minute presentation in the end.

Interview Question – relatively straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Graduate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Assessment center: numerical, verbal and written test and group exercise.

Interview Question – group exercise   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Cv and covering letter application followed by an online maths test which wasn't too hard. Then invited to an assessment day with a very difficult non calculator maths test, verbal reasoning test and writing test along with a group task.

Final stage is 3 1 to 1 interviews and an excel case study assessing the loss to a business from the breach of contract by another. Interviews were 1 CV, 1 based on the case study and 1 with a Senior MD where they can cover anything they like.

Interview Question – Maths test is very hard, prepare with GMAT style questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England

Interview Details Mine was two round. First round is quantitative test, verbal reasoning test, summarizing an article and a group interview. The group interview question was about implementing a lottery in a new country and included a presentation

Interview Question – Just look online and you can find most of the interview questions already posted somewhere. They seem to create everything in house and they don't update them.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Interview Details Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not right role

Financial Communications Intern Interview

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Sent off CV and Covering Letter, then had a telephone interview, was personal questions mainly nothing difficult, few questions about the company, who their competitors are. lasted 30 minutes, got told I had a 2 week position within the week

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just read up on the company and have some 'give me a time when you...' prepared, make them a bit interesting and show that you took ownership of a task   Answer Question

FTI Communications Analyst Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details applied through company website, two rounds: phone interview followed by Assessment Day including two one-to-one interview, writing exercise, group discussion and role play.

Interview Question – What are our competitors?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting interview questions and advice. All 108 interview reviews are posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees and interview candidates.