FTI Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied through the online portal, I then got called by an HR to schedule an onsite interview,
The first round was conducted by two managing directors, it was pretty easy going through CV,
career aspirations, knowledge of e-discovery
The second round was pretty much an extended version of the first one, nothing
to worry about.

Interview Question – Tell me how your friends would describe you in a bar   Answer Question

Economic Consultant Interview

Economic Consultant
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details emailed CV to HR. 3 stage interview process. 1st with one member of the team. 2nd with two members of the team. 3rd with two members of the team. 2nd interview also included a psychometric interview.

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Finance and Economic Analyst Interview

Finance and Economic Analyst
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Process took 2 weeks. Applied through campus recruitment and was invited to an online assessment test. The test was numerical, not too difficult, but would require you to pace through. One week later, got an email invitation to assessment centre in London.

The day started from 9.30 am. Introduction session followed by two tests. One numerical with no calculator and a verbal (GMAT style), both 30 questions in 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Very time-restricted.

After that, we had lunch with first year associates. Afternoon included a group case then a written exam. Had to summarize an economic article (more like a story).

Interview Question – Case: You are a firm (bank/lottery operator) bidding for a lottery contract from a developing country government   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Economic and Financial Consultant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details After submitting the initial application, I was invited to do an online numerical test. The test was not too hard and I was invited for an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of numerical test without a calculator. The numerical test was quite different as it had a few statistics and algebra related questions. After that there was a verbal reasoning test which was followed by a group exercise that included a case study of evaluating lottery operators. There was also a reading comprehension where you are required to summarise a text that they provide.

Interview Question – The text provided in the reading comprehension was quite hard to summarise effectively.   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Economic and Financial Consulting
London, England

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Interview Question – our recent projects   Answer Question

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Economics and Financial Consulting

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Numerical test without a calculator and a GRE style verbal test - verbal test was straight forward but most candidates had trouble finishing the numerical test in time.
Group case study where you need to discuss with two or three other candidates in the team, and a 5 minute presentation in the end.

Interview Question – relatively straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Graduate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Assessment center: numerical, verbal and written test and group exercise.

Interview Question – group exercise   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Cv and covering letter application followed by an online maths test which wasn't too hard. Then invited to an assessment day with a very difficult non calculator maths test, verbal reasoning test and writing test along with a group task.

Final stage is 3 1 to 1 interviews and an excel case study assessing the loss to a business from the breach of contract by another. Interviews were 1 CV, 1 based on the case study and 1 with a Senior MD where they can cover anything they like.

Interview Question – Maths test is very hard, prepare with GMAT style questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England

Interview Details Mine was two round. First round is quantitative test, verbal reasoning test, summarizing an article and a group interview. The group interview question was about implementing a lottery in a new country and included a presentation

Interview Question – Just look online and you can find most of the interview questions already posted somewhere. They seem to create everything in house and they don't update them.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Interview Details Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not right role

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!