FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep 2014
Updated 29 Sep 2014

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2013.

Panel interview with 2 directors. Ran through

Not right role

FTI Communications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

applied through company website, two rounds: phone interview followed by Assessment Day including two one-to-one interview, writing exercise, group discussion and role play.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

First Round - math and verbal test, group case study, networking lunch

The case study was not easy and took a lot of collaboration. In the end, what mattered most was being concise and communicating information effectively.

Second round: writing exercise, 2 1-1 interviews

Economic and Financial Consultant, London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2012.

After submitting CV and Cover Letter I was invited to a 'first assessment day' - I am yet to find out if I'm through to the second.
    First Day assessment Centre:
    -A numerical test that is designed by them - not like GMAT format. 26 questions in 30 minutes that were difficult! Just try to be as fast as possible - the best ability to have due to time restrictions is ability to estimate effectively.
    -A verbal reasoning test that is very much the same as GMAT format.
    -A Group Exercise about introducing a lottery operator to a highly developed country. You are certainly guided through this and your group will consist of three people. The best advice is - start crunching the figures and numbers from the beginning. First you are given facts and figures about the cities of this country and chances of a lottery&advertising figures - why the government would want to introduce a lottery etc. You are asked to give the three main objectives you would have for an operator before you are given the figures of a hypothetical operator and you have to present in 5 minutes why you think this operator is best.
    -Written test: Had to summarise 2 pages on cigarettes becoming a form of currency in PoWs.

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2011.

Started off with numerical and verbal reasoning, no calculator allowed. Followed by a group exercise/ role play where you analyse a case study and suggest solutions for the client. The company tend to look for economic analysis and some calculation, similar to project management. Knowledge in Corporate Finance could help.

Interview Questions
    • We were given a case that the client wanted to start a plan and had a few investment options available. You need to do an extensive calculation and determine which plan is the most profitable meanwhile satisfying some other social limitations.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2011.

First round interview was with a group of 7 other interviewees. First we had a group discussion/case study. I think at this stage they are looking to see if you can work in a group. Then was a numerical/logical reasoning test and then a verbal reasoning test. These are pretty tough and time pressured but if you enjoy problem solving then you should be fine. The second round interview consisted of a written case study. Mine had to do with valuation. It is quite quantitative. Then I had a 1:1 interview with a senior consultant. It was pretty competency based. The final interview was with another senior consultant. This last interview was pretty tough and contained two mini case studies. Interviews probably depend on what expertise your interviewer might have. There were also a lot of questions about past education/work experiences. Know your cv well and know exactly what the company does and what your position will be. Understand the notion of PDV. Since their acquisition of LECG they still have to sort out their interview process as they've incorporated aspects of each firms' interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you decide the level of a congestion charge?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in April 2011.

Interviews were more relaxed than I had anticipated and I was not expected to have a great deal of knowledge about the industry. The focus was more on being able to work through problems and communicate solutions.

Aside from the interview, there was a writing exercise, a maths test, and a case study exercise which were all challenging but approachable. Don't worry too much about learning the technicalities of the industry, just make sure you turn up switched on and prepared to think.

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through something you're studying at university.   Answer Question

Forensic Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2010.

General discussion about my background and what I was looking for in a new position. FTI weren't currently hiring at the time. Very friendly and open/honest interview.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   View Answer

FEDA Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Got through the first round and this more focuses on the 2nd round. This round is all about behavioral. You will go through three separate interviews with nothing too technical. They just want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What news story in the last two days is most interesting to you?   Answer Question