FTI Consulting

Updated 29 Jan 2015

Forensic Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2010.

General discussion about my background and what I was looking for in a new position. FTI weren't currently hiring at the time. Very friendly and open/honest interview.

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Applied through school website and had an on campus interview one week after the deadline. Normal behavioral questions. Recruiter spent a lot of time introduce the company as well as the position's responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. All the questions were based on my experience in my resume.   Answer Question

Consultant-global Investigation and Forensic-Singapore Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied Online. Received interview invitation a week after. Interview took three and a hald hours, including an on site test last for 2 hours.
    Easy int, mostly traditional resume n personality based questions. Asked a lot about China international affairs.

Interview Questions
    • Which SEA countries recently had presidential election   View Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Recruiter screening, one in-person interview at headquarters with fellow candidates interviewing for segment intern positions. Multiple interviews with different levels of management throughout the day. Each interview did not last more than 10 minutes.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview included meetings with multiple levels of staff, including junior staff who would be working below the applicant. Descriptions of the role were relatively vague and interview questions included many standard consulting case interview problems. The interview ended with a 2-hour finance/accounting computer exam. This included DCF and other financial modeling questions, plus some basic economics questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many automobile tires currently exist in the U.S.?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I got a first round interview, we were taken out for a meet and greet the night prior. The representatives that came were easy going and engaging. The interview was the next morning, questions were behavioral with a light touch on technical situations. I thought I did pretty well but they didn't even reach out with a response.

Interview Questions
    • If Apple decided they wanted to sell refrigerators, how would you determine the price of the refrigerator?   Answer Question

Associate - Corporate Finance/Restructuring Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

First online application
    Then received phone interview, simple CV questions, why consulting, what do you know about FTI, etc.
    Then interview with two directors, plus one written test on computer and one technical accounting test. Interview questions are similar and normal:
    What do you know about FTI?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    CV Questions

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

First round, phone interview. Spoke with their HR department. She asked very basic questions about my background and work eligibility, many of which I had submitted along with my application. Didn't ask much about my interest in the company, but was very diligent in answering my questions. She said the company would follow-up within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No trick questions, very straight forward. The interview felt rushed.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

First we had a pre interview "networking" night (aka the interviewers got drunk at the open bar while we were trying to ask them real questions). It seems as though they came to our school to recruit only because they went there for undergrad, and wanted to relive their "party years". They never intended on seriously interviewing any of us. The next day the interview was pretty ridiculous, a lot of specific technical questions... For an entry level job? They were interviewing college seniors! Needless to say, none of us that they interviewed went on to the final round. Now that I've graduated and have settled into a career at a firm where I am satisfied, I have realized that the culture at FTI is incredibly sexist and old fashioned, think 1950s era. This is what I have heard. So obviously, they don't hire many women.

Interview Questions
    • Do you kids still go out to (name of local bar in college town) ? Seriously they asked us about this.   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied on school career service website and got pre-selected in two weeks. Back-to-back interview: lasted exactly an hour, 30 mins each with different interviewer. The first lady I talked to work for forensic, not actually healthcare. Asked some general questions, went through the resume, and one behavioral question. When time was up I was guided to another room talking with the healthcare director. Basically he went through the resume again and wanna know why I'm interested in FTI. In the end he emphasized "Do you have any questions for ME". Everyone is nice and approachable, and I really enjoyed talking with them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about how you managed to settle down a conflict in work.   Answer Question