FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England) in January 2011.

Interview

Informal process very chatty, quick responsive, keen to show me about the firm, friendly, informative, smooth, explained ambition of firm, type of work, travel requirements, salary open and bonus discussed

Interview Questions

• Why FTI, why Resturcturing, experience, view in travel   Answer Question

Forensic Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FTI Consulting (London, England) in January 2010.

Interview

General discussion about my background and what I was looking for in a new position. FTI weren't currently hiring at the time. Very friendly and open/honest interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting (Annapolis, MD (US)).

Interview

Phone Interview with HR followed. HR's interview was fairly in-depth for HR. They were fairly well briefed on the job requirements and asked good questions right off the bat.
    In-person interview with two levels of management. It was detailed and thorough. Nothing was out of line, but it was involved. Come prepared with your own questions and lead the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

First, there was a resume and cover letter drop onto an applicant portal. This was followed by a followup phone call, that served as an initial screening and informational interview. This included basic questions regarding interest in the specific position. This was followed by an in office interview that lasted approximately an hour.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interviewed by all "non-staff" employees. They had obviously never been given interview direction. They were awkward people in general. It lasted about 30 minutes total. They didn't ask me any questions relative to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good employee?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in office interview with three Senior Managing Directors in the Boston Office and one Skype interview (the interviewer was in a conference call during our scheduled meeting time).

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Some easy statistics questions and questions regarding Stata.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, great offer.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus - 1 interview. Same question asked to all the candidates interviewing that day. Interviewers are friendly. Process is quick.

Questions on background, resume, data structure .
    How would you test your code. Write down all the test cases. Some questions on SQL.
     Not very tough. They expect you to ask good questions at the end.

The entire process has only one round.

Interview Questions

• Background, resume, data structure.
      How would you test your code. Some questions on SQL

Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

very brief, only had to talk to project manager on the phone. About 4-5 general questions to guage your willingness to commit to the project they're staffing, how serious you are, whether or not you might be crazy, etc.

Interview Questions

• do you know anything about document review?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Full day interview process. Generally starts with 5 half an hour interviews though I interviewed on an off cycle so my interviews got extended to about 45 mins each. Then a 2 hour finance/accounting exam. The exam itself is pretty easy, simple DCF and balance sheet analysis plus some economic questions. It is a long day though and different from most super days due to so many interviews and a 2 hour exam.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions

• It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question