FTI Consulting

Updated 21 Jan 2015
Updated 21 Jan 2015

Macy's Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Learned of the position through TAMU Engineering Career. Applied online and received an email after a couple weeks to schedule an on-campus interview. I was unable to attend in person, but they allowed me to participate in a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to work through a problem.   View Answer

They offered to fly me to Houston for a second interview, but I decided it was better for me to pursue an opportunity that was "real" engineering, where I would actually put my degree to work for a bit. It didn't sound like a bad gig at all down the line though, no technical number crunching, more analytical thinking.

Valuations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

I went through one round of interview with a managing director. I was expecting it to be very behaviroal based (due to the other glassdoor post), but it was all technical. I don't think we touched my resume at all. It was full of brainteasers and technical questions. It seemed like the interviewer was testing how I could cope in a stressful situation. Overall, it felt more like a banking question.

Interview Questions
    • Give me five uses for a brick. (very time pressured)   View Answer

Consultant, Health Solutions- Investigations and Disputes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

I applied via my school's career website. I also attended a social held by the firm. I was selected for an on-campus interview. The team was very nice, easy to get along with. The first interview was very relaxed. We went over my resume, discussed my career goals, why I wanted to work for FTI, etc. I was then invited for an in-office interview (Atlanta). This involved a lunch with other applicants and three interviews. All were very relaxed. There is a case study which is usually based on one of their previous projects. They give you a few minutes to review the case then ask you a series of questions. The other interviews involved the typical behavioral interview questions. There were no healthcare specific questions other than the case study.

Consultant - FLC/Financial and Enterprise Data Analytics (FEDA) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Was invited to a cocktail hour the night before the interview with the other individuals interviewing. It was a good opportunity to get to know about the company from those that work there. Interview was fairly straightforward. I took the interviewer through my resume and the following questions became very conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me to expand on a project I had done in the past.   Answer Question

FEDA Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Got through the first round and this more focuses on the 2nd round. This round is all about behavioral. You will go through three separate interviews with nothing too technical. They just want to see if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • What news story in the last two days is most interesting to you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in September 2014.

Applied and had the first interview on campus. All behavioral questions, very relaxed and stress-free. Was selected to the final round at the office. Three back-to back interviews with professionals at different levels. Again, mostly fit-type conversations. Had a chance to interact with young consultants who just started there - everybody was nice and open; overall, felt like a very comfortable environment to work in.

Consultant (VFAS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied on Linkedin. Initial phone screening with HR (nothing technical). All the members in hiring committee were traveling so it took 2-3 weeks to schedule an in-house interview. Met up with 1 SMD, 1MD, and one Director. Each took 30 min or so.

Interview Questions
    • Write an e-mail to a PE client about the process of the engagement. (After I gave the answer) Do you think I would like that answer? It was not about the question itself but his attitude all along the interview that made the conversation very difficult.   Answer Question