FTI Consulting

Very Easy Interview

Internal Sorcing Interview

Internal Sorcing
Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details Lacked structure.

Interview Question – They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very bland, they had no benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Duration :1- week
Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Question – No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Healthcare Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied through campus recruiting, and they asked for an interview. At the interview, the interviewer was extremely stiff and awkward. He asked me a bunch of typical questions -- walk me through your resume, what are you involved in, why did you choose your major, what are the biggest issues in healthcare, etc. The interviewer also seemed flustered when I asked a question he didn't seem to know the answer to. Overall, very odd experience.

Interview Question – What are the biggest problems in healthcare?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Question – Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Litigation Consulting Intern
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Question – Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Question – None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details I interviewed for FTI through campus recruiting. I submitted a resume through career services (no cover letter) and was contacted to do a first round on campus interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes and was behavioral. After about a week and a half I was contacted for a final round interview at their office. This was comprised of 3 45 minute behavioral interviews. Each interview had one senior level and one junior level employee.

Interview Question – What are the top challenges facing the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Question – The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question

Consultant (Restructuring Group) Interview

Consultant (Restructuring Group)
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by the Restructuring team while at school by phone without having applied to the job. They invited me to dinner, having found my resume on my college Career Center's website. At dinner we had the opportunity to meet some of the members of the Restructuring team, hear a little bit about the work, and begin to forge relationships with the group. After the dinner, I officially applied for the position through the Career Center's website at my University.

I was then contacted shortly after asking me to interview on campus. The interview was very calm and natural, essentially walk me through your resume, but also asking two standard financial statement questions (If AP goes down, what happens to cash? If depreciation decreases, what happens to EBIT?)

Shortly after the interview I was contacted again by the company asking me to come in for an office visit, with three other applicants. They took us out for dinner in Chicago where we again had the opportunity to meet with and learn about some members of the Restructuring group and what work they do. After that there was a social with all FTI applicants across all departments of FTI where there was additional opportunity to meet FTI employees and learn about the company and its culture.

The next morning was the office visit. It began with a presentation about the firm. After that were three interviews with different members of the Restructuring team. These again were essentially behavioral interviews with one or two basic questions about the financial statements. There was one interview that incorporated a standard consulting brain teaser (How many nuclear warheads exist in the world today?) but it was only to see how the thought process occurred and the answer was not overly relevant.

Finally they took us out to lunch in Chicago where we again had the opportunity to meet members of the Restructuring group. The group's culture was easily determinable from all the networking opportunities, and it was clear that fit was the most important part of the interviewing process, as almost every member of the restructuring team was able to spend meaningful time with all of the applicants.

After lunch there was additional time before the Official HR closing which included all the applicants across all business units, so we had an additional interview with the fourth interviewer. Again the structure of this interview was behavioral with one or two technical financial statement questions. (If you were assigned to a company that was nearing bankruptcy, how would you first check their current financial stays?) -- This question was less cut and dry and more difficult, but again it was more of a thought process question as opposed to an answer based question.

Interview Question – Why should we give you the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.