FTI Consulting Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014
119 interviews

Health Solutions Intern Interview

I had two 30 minute interviews for the intern position. The timeline for their hiring process is very long. They took well over two weeks following the interview to get back to applicants. They asked a lot about data analysis experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to explain a difficult concept or theory to someone who had no background knowledge about the subject.   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

I applied for the position through on campus hiring by filling out an application on the university's website and the company's website. They conducted on campus interviews, which lasted about thirty minutes. Very simple interview, though the interviewer (a senior level consultant) was more concerned about what I knew about FTI than actually asking about me. I sent him a follow up email the day after thanking him for the opportunity to interview, but didn't receive any communication from the company until a month later, rejecting me.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Internal Sorcing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2012.

Lacked structure.

Interview Questions
    • They would not tell me the salary of the position that was offered to me until I accepted, very strange.   Answer Question
    Very bland, they had no benefits.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Duration :1- week
    Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting, and they asked for an interview. At the interview, the interviewer was extremely stiff and awkward. He asked me a bunch of typical questions -- walk me through your resume, what are you involved in, why did you choose your major, what are the biggest issues in healthcare, etc. The interviewer also seemed flustered when I asked a question he didn't seem to know the answer to. Overall, very odd experience.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Questions
    • Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Questions
    • Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question