FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.9

Health Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2015.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting. The initial interview was essentially a 30 minutes resume walk through. The second round consisted of three 45 minute interviews. All interviews were one on one. They were interested in hearing about relevant academic and work experience in relation to health care, data analysis, and team work.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my interest in healthcare, experience with Excel, interest in data analysis, my skillset, and other general questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Amherst, MA (US)).

Interview

First we had a pre interview "networking" night (aka the interviewers got drunk at the open bar while we were trying to ask them real questions). It seems as though they came to our school to recruit only because they went there for undergrad, and wanted to relive their "party years". They never intended on seriously interviewing any of us. The next day the interview was pretty ridiculous, a lot of specific technical questions... For an entry level job? They were interviewing college seniors! Needless to say, none of us that they interviewed went on to the final round. Now that I've graduated and have settled into a career at a firm where I am satisfied, I have realized that the culture at FTI is incredibly sexist and old fashioned, think 1950s era. This is what I have heard. So obviously, they don't hire many women.

Interview Questions

• Do you kids still go out to (name of local bar in college town) ? Seriously they asked us about this.   Answer Question

Healthcare Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

Applied on school career service website and got pre-selected in two weeks. Back-to-back interview: lasted exactly an hour, 30 mins each with different interviewer. The first lady I talked to work for forensic, not actually healthcare. Asked some general questions, went through the resume, and one behavioral question. When time was up I was guided to another room talking with the healthcare director. Basically he went through the resume again and wanna know why I'm interested in FTI. In the end he emphasized "Do you have any questions for ME". Everyone is nice and approachable, and I really enjoyed talking with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you managed to settle down a conflict in work.   Answer Question

Interview

First round on campus with one analyst. Half Technical Half Behavioral. Second round in office with 3 different MDs. Mostly Behavioral but one or two technicals. Went out to lunch with one of the MDs.

FEDA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

On campus interview then when on to Super day interviews. Great people interested in knowing what you're like as a person. There were no case interviews. They had a technical interview that was more focused on your resume and experience.

Macy's Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

On Campus Interview after meeting the recruiters at a Networking Event on campus. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Interview process consisted of one 30-minute behavioral and one 30-minute "case" interview. It was a simple case, and asked you to choose 1 of 5 employees to mentor.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview

I first learned about FTI Consulting at a career fair at my school. I got a business card and applied through the university's job listing. I was invited to interview. It was a very basic behavioral interview questions nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• It was just behavioral questions but the hardest was, "Why do you think you would fit in at our company?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and received an email letting me know I had an interview on campus in the coming week. The first round interview was held at the campus career center. I met with one of the managing directors and had a 30 minute interview that was pretty informal. The questions were mostly behavior, but there were one or two analytical ones.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2014.

Interview

Learned of the position through TAMU Engineering Career. Applied online and received an email after a couple weeks to schedule an on-campus interview. I was unable to attend in person, but they allowed me to participate in a 20 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work through a problem.   1 Answer

They offered to fly me to Houston for a second interview, but I decided it was better for me to pursue an opportunity that was "real" engineering, where I would actually put my degree to work for a bit. It didn't sound like a bad gig at all down the line though, no technical number crunching, more analytical thinking.

Consultant, Health Solutions- Investigations and Disputes Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied via my school's career website. I also attended a social held by the firm. I was selected for an on-campus interview. The team was very nice, easy to get along with. The first interview was very relaxed. We went over my resume, discussed my career goals, why I wanted to work for FTI, etc. I was then invited for an in-office interview (Atlanta). This involved a lunch with other applicants and three interviews. All were very relaxed. There is a case study which is usually based on one of their previous projects. They give you a few minutes to review the case then ask you a series of questions. The other interviews involved the typical behavioral interview questions. There were no healthcare specific questions other than the case study.