FTI Consulting

115 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details 1st round interview- on campus- mostly just go through your resume questions. asked about analytical skills, what coursework could help me with the job, what sort of outside experiences. asked about specific points on my resume.

Interview Question – There was nothing that difficult in the first round.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details The interviewer asked a technical question about SQL in the first round interview, did not expect to answer that and answered it incorrectly. Make sure you prepare some basica SQL knowledge even they said the first round interview questions are all behavioral-based in the pre-night event.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to word with someone who is really difficult.   Answer Question

First Year Associate Interview

First Year Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details First round is quite simple-30 minutes, behavioral questions. No tricks, they just want to understand why you are interested in their particular type of consulting. Major plus points if you have accounting experience.

Interview Question – Very easy, nothing really comes to mind   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2012.

Interview Details Applied for summer internship through campus career center. Was selected for first round (1:1 interview with senior analyst). Asked about courses (econometrics specifically) and asked for details about projects, and some specific questions about regressions. Rest of the interview was behavioral questions. Interviewer was not that personable, and did not feel like I connected.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience where you had to work with someone who was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Healthcare Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at FTI Consulting in July 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview about two weeks later. I didn't pass this interview, but if you did you can expect to do an Excel based test.

Interview Question – Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Pass/Fail exhaustive data management test - including converting 3 flat files with millions of lines of data into trended financial statements for a healthcare system.

Interview Question – Pass/Fail exhaustive data management test - including converting 3 flat files with millions of lines of data into trended financial statements for a healthcare system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was eager to make the move, and I accepted the initial offer.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details On Campus Interview - very casual 2 half hour interview with directors at various offices. No case questions; this interview is purely behavioral/fit. Interview also helped clarify job function as intern since the website and description on the career site were not very clear. Would advise doing research on the company before going into the interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Roseland, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied through a campus interview posting at Rutgers Business School. I had a pre-screen phone interview and then an on-site interview with a manager and a director. During the on-site interview there was a case study writing samplt that was times for 25 minutes. Most of the questions were behavioral but some assessment of business terms and knowledge. I ended up being at the office for over 3 hours, got the job, and I am very happy.

Interview Question – There was a 25 minute writing prompt. The question was how would you approach a business problem and go about solving it. I gave the textbook 5-step approach answer, if you went to any decent business school then you would know what I;m talking about.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details On campus interview/phone interview which lasted about 30-45 minutes; majority of the questions were behavioral with one technical question. Office visit consisted of lunch with a couple of individuals and three 30-45 minute interviews, which covered behavioral, technical and fit questions.

Interview Question – Some case scenarios were asked during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Restructuring Consultant Interview

Restructuring Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details After the initial screening, I had to complete a case study before being brought in for 4 face to face interviews. I met with people the consultant level to a managing director and then had lunch with them as well as the other candidates.

Interview Question – Why would I hire someone from an accounting background when I could hire an MBA or a consultant with experience?   Answer Question