FTI Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Initial interview with MD of GRIP after being put in touch with a recruiter. In-person interview was fairly informal, straight-forward and altogether fairly easy. Seemed like more of an assessment of my interest and dedication to the industry as opposed to competency (my CV more or less speaks for itself in terms of experience).

Second interview was scheduled shortly thereafter with 3 additional MDs. This interview as well was fairly simple, with the only added layer of difficulty being that it was a 3on1 interview. There was also a Chinese language component (due to this position being in greater China).

Topics covered include anti-corruption compliance, enhanced due diligence, fraud investigations, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for FTI Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in October 2010.

Emails, in-person interview, dinner

Two back-and-forth calls about salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Questions
    • Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in July 2008.

The interview process was not very structured. Some interviewers had technical questions while others were probing to see if "I was a good guy".

Interview Questions
    • Explain how the finanical statements are inter-related and which one would be the best one to choose if you only had an opportunity to view one.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were channeled through HR which made it difficult to push past the initial offer. This may be a different experience for others as I was coming out of school to take this offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2009.

Well structured interview by 3/4 people; One case interview; MBA and BBAs should do fine analyzing business situation.

Interview Questions
    • Business is bleeding cash, how would you analyze   View Answer
    2 weeks

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2010.

The interview went ok. The location was tough to get to. I would have liked to have more time with the interviewees and would also have liked the opportunity to show my skills and how they would've crossed over. Interview was very imformal and I never knew where I stood or what I did wrong.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2009.

The culture seemed like a true meritocracy. There seem to be ample opportunity for advancement. However, the backgrounds of the professionals in the los angeles office are quite varied and it appeared to be a bit of a motley crew. Compared to peers such as AlixPartners and Alvarez & Marsal, overall the professionals were less impressive and less polished.

Interview Questions
    • if you were meeting with a new client and needed to immediately rectify some immediate solvency issues, what would you do?   Answer Question

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!