FXCM Interview Questions

2.8

Operations Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at FXCM in April 2009.

It was basic

it was quick

Financial Services Interview

interviewed at FXCM in August 2014.

They sent email to schedule the phone interview time. The phone interview includes several general questions: 1. why are you interested in this position? 2. How much do you know about this company? 3. How much do you know about the forex market? 4. Do you often read news? 5. Your 5 years career plan.
    And some questions about your work experience in your resume.

FX Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at FXCM.

I was interviewed by three FXCM employees: first, by a language specialist, then by a team lead, and last by the VP of the office. I did extensive research on the company and on currency trading in general; as such, I was prepared.

Interview Questions
    • The pace of the questioning was quick.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FXCM.

The interview was unstructured and the software architect didn't seem to be expecting me. I first discussed the role with the project manager and then went to speak with the software architect. He didn't have anything specific to discuss and we began talking about a different, more challenging role. I returned later in the day to speak with a technologist, who mined my knowledge conversationally.

Interview Questions
    • In what situation would pre-iteration cause a significant problem?   Answer Question

Bilingual Operation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FXCM.

Telephone interview first, and then onsite interview. The onsite containing test on customer service and excel and translate Chinese email to English. The tests were not too hard but took some time. The interview including a language oral test and meeting with the team leader.

Technology Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FXCM in March 2014.

Applied through university. This was for the Pro group, so it is NOT part of the retail division. Exchanged a few responses with HR, who was really awesome. I then did an on site interview at their NY location, and did two back to back interviews. One was with the Head of Production and the other with an Engineer in the Production group. Questions were mostly about my software development experience and a few questions about TCP/ IP.

The salary isn't great, and they don't pay for your commute. However, it is a GREAT experience, and I've learned a lot about FX and programming since I've been here. Everybody in the Pro group is extremely qualified at what they do, and have had significant experience in FX.

FX Sales Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at FXCM in February 2014.

HR Contacted me one day after applying online.

Interview Questions
    • 1-) Explain FXCM. So make sure you know exactly what they do.
      2-) Asked me to show some knowledge of trading
      3-) Where do you get your market news from
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at FXCM in December 2013.

I had a horrible experience. They were very unprofessional in coordinating interviews -- seems like they don't respect prospective interns anyway.

HR coordinator, after a phone screening, invited me to the office. She wasn't sure who i will be talking to at all?! 15 mins later a guy came to interview me. He wasn't even in the department I'm supposed to be working in. He folded my resume 3 times. didn't even read it, and tried to read it while he was talking to me. He didn't know how to interview and I was the one asking all the questions and driving the conversation.

He also asked me some very technical knowledge about forex trading which I didn't need to know, since it wasn't in the job description.

He said the guy who I'll be interning for will talk to me next, but he's busy at the moment. They left me waiting for another 15 mins. The first guy came back and said he's not available and walked me out of the office. They'd be interviewing a few more candidates and will let me know if I'm worth a second round. This definitely put me in a disadvantage since I am not talking to the main guy here.

During the conversation he also said negative things about this company. All red flags about morale and disorganization. I came back home, wrote them a thank-you note and said "thank you but I believe i'm not the right fit for your company."

Never in my interviewing career have I felt so unworthy and disrespected. If they don't respect my time, they won't respect me when I work there. Thanks God for letting me know this is the wrong place before it's too late.

Multimedia Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FXCM in November 2013.

Was contacted very soon after submitting my application online by an internal recruiter. Had a 20 minute phone interview with said recruiter. Phone interview contained soft questions about my past experience. This was followed up by a one hour interview with the hiring manager where experience and ability was further discussed along with what the job would entail. Nothing too difficult to answer. I was asked to create a 30 video spot based on a voice over that was prerecorded. I was given 3 days to complete this assignment. The creation of the spot took about 6 hours to complete. In my opinion, its a little out of the ordinary to create such a piece for a prospective company. My merits have usually been judged on my past work presented in my portfolio. A week or two went by and I finally got an answer. I was told that I submitted a great piece one they felt "lead the pack", but the company recently instated a hiring freeze and could not hire at the time. I was told they would revisit the hiring for the position at the beginning of the year. Haven't heard from them, but I could care less. I felt like the people I dealt with were overall good people.

Interview Questions
    • Would you create a video based on a voiceover we provide?   Answer Question

Broker Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FXCM.

I was contacted by HR in the New York location to set up an interview. They were prompt to setting up a phone interview and then the subsequent in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a conversation with a team lead in both departments you would be rotating in. They are looking for a genuine person who has knowledge of the company and the market in general.

Interview Questions
    • The effects to the dollar if there were financial turmoil in another country.   Answer Question

Worked for FXCM? Contribute to the Community!