Facebook Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,095 interviews

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Facebook.

I was referred by a friend and after some back-and-forth they set up a phone screen via Skype and collabedit.com. The feedback was very quick after the initial phone screening.

Interview Questions
    • What is a memory-efficient way to store a vector of integers? Follow-up question: using your proposed data structure, find an algorithm with constant memory usage to calculate the dot product of two vectors.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

The process went very smoothly. The experience with the recruiter was fantastic and the recruiter was always excited to talk about the company and kept me informed of what was happening throughout the entire process.

I did an initial screening interview and then a full day of on-site interviews. The on-site interviews consisted of two coding exercises (one on a whiteboard and one on a laptop), one on architecture, and one more that I don't remember.

Interview Questions
    • A dynamic programming question about differences in words.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Short talk with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview. Phone interview involved talking about my previous projects, why facebook, was there anything that concerned me about the role, etc. It then involved a coding question which i've detailed below:

Interview Questions
    • Implement a method called printNonComments() which prints out a extract of text with comments removed.

For example, the input:

hello /* this is a
      multi line comment */ all

Should produce:

hello
      all

You have access to a method called getNextLine() which returns the next line in the input string.
        View Answer

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook.

Very long process to start with after initial application then it was go, go, go!

First interview was over the phone with HR, second interview was with another member of staff, third interview face to face with the person I would have been working for. All of these took place one day after each other.

After the interviews I heard nothing for a month and kept having to chase HR. I was given various excuses as to why they hadn't come back to me. Then I received a call offering me the role but only as month temp assignment until the person who actually got the job could start!

They dangled the carrot of potential work after with a new role that was coming up in the future but I felt as though I was being blackmailed. I was told they needed to know I was serious about working at Facebook as they would normally only employ staff from Google or You Tube. Basically I wouldn't be put forward for the other role unless I went and temped there for a month. The HR member of staff seemed surprised that I wouldn't be prepared to leave a full time job for month of temping!

Completely unprofessional behaviour.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about how I would deal with difficult members of staff, Where would I book a table for Mark Zuckerberg to have lunch   Answer Question

Only offered a months work

Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Facebook.

I went through 2 phone interviews and final stage at their offices in Covent Garden. Planning and communication was good, some small delay but hte overall experience was positive.
    The team I met was very nice and thorough good overall experience, nice offices and "cool" atmosphere.

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Had one phone interviewer with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager, and then an on-site interview with four people on the team. The four in-person interviewers were either at the same level as the role I applied for or more junior. They did not seem prepared and simply asked questions as they come up, so I basically answered the same set of questions four times in a two-hour period.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a project did not go well and how did you communicate it to the senior people.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Telephone interview, 4 Skype/site interview

Interview Questions
    • About future of Facebook and also the role of UO analyst   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Facebook in January 2009.

Initially, I was dealt with by a fantastic recruiter in Palo Alto, who walked me through the process, and asked me probing questions to ensure I was applying to Facebook for the right reasons. I then went through an arduous process of multiple interviews over 6 months, which meant by the end of the process, I hadn't actually learnt a huge amount about the company, but they'd learnt a lot about me. After 6 months, they deferred my application, and put me on hold. Eventually, I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical was asked as I was a graduate at the time.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

I applied online at the Graduate software engineer position through the company's website and I got contacted by their in-house recruiter after 10-12 days to arrange a telephone conversation. During the call, I was asked to explain my academic background and what my ideal job description would be. He identified which FB team would be the best match for me and suggested to have a coding interview after some preparation. He also sent me material to prepare and told me to contact him to arrange an interview when I feel well-prepared.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions, it was more a conversation regarding my background and my potential match with one of the FB teams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook.

Initial phone conversation with facebook recruiter of about 20 mins, going over my background and experience as well as what I was looking for.
    Set up a phone interview with a shared screen coding question, was suggested 2 weeks to prepare.
    Had I passed this stage, would go into London for an all day interview.

Interview Questions
    • Find lowest common ancestor (LCA).   View Answers (3)
    • Given two unsorted arrays, one with event start times and one with end times, find out if any two events overlap.   View Answers (4)

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!