Facebook

Updated 25 Nov 2014
1,206 Interview Reviews

3.3

Creative Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

After applying through the website, I was contacted the next day by someone from HR via email. We scheduled a telephone interview for the following week, but having booked the morning off work and waiting for the call I did not hear anything despite emailing them.

A week later, I was contacted again by HR, apologetic about not calling due to an illness, and we rescheduled the interview for later that week. Again, there was no call when arranged and no answer to follow up emails.

The third week came, and we finally managed to organise a call, which did actually occur. The interview went very well, and I was told that my experience and interests align very closely, but they had offered the role to an internal candidate, however there may be the opportunity of an additional role, and they would call back to confirm.

I did not expect much and was not disappointed when two weeks past without any follow-up. At this point, I emailed to rescind my interest, which was responded to that the other role is not happening..
    Not a great experience as a result of a very bad HR rep..

Interview Questions
    • First stage questions were based on interests, experience, and general competency.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

I was referred by a friend and after some back-and-forth they set up a phone screen via Skype and collabedit.com. The feedback was very quick after the initial phone screening.

Interview Questions
    • What is a memory-efficient way to store a vector of integers? Follow-up question: using your proposed data structure, find an algorithm with constant memory usage to calculate the dot product of two vectors.   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

The process went very smoothly. The experience with the recruiter was fantastic and the recruiter was always excited to talk about the company and kept me informed of what was happening throughout the entire process.

I did an initial screening interview and then a full day of on-site interviews. The on-site interviews consisted of two coding exercises (one on a whiteboard and one on a laptop), one on architecture, and one more that I don't remember.

Interview Questions
    • A dynamic programming question about differences in words.   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Very long process to start with after initial application then it was go, go, go!

First interview was over the phone with HR, second interview was with another member of staff, third interview face to face with the person I would have been working for. All of these took place one day after each other.

After the interviews I heard nothing for a month and kept having to chase HR. I was given various excuses as to why they hadn't come back to me. Then I received a call offering me the role but only as month temp assignment until the person who actually got the job could start!

They dangled the carrot of potential work after with a new role that was coming up in the future but I felt as though I was being blackmailed. I was told they needed to know I was serious about working at Facebook as they would normally only employ staff from Google or You Tube. Basically I wouldn't be put forward for the other role unless I went and temped there for a month. The HR member of staff seemed surprised that I wouldn't be prepared to leave a full time job for month of temping!

Completely unprofessional behaviour.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about how I would deal with difficult members of staff, Where would I book a table for Mark Zuckerberg to have lunch   Answer Question

Only offered a months work

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Short talk with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview. Phone interview involved talking about my previous projects, why facebook, was there anything that concerned me about the role, etc. It then involved a coding question which i've detailed below:

Interview Questions
    • Implement a method called printNonComments() which prints out a extract of text with comments removed.

For example, the input:

hello /* this is a
      multi line comment */ all

Should produce:

hello
      all

You have access to a method called getNextLine() which returns the next line in the input string.
        View Answers (4)

Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source – interviewed at Facebook.

I went through 2 phone interviews and final stage at their offices in Covent Garden. Planning and communication was good, some small delay but hte overall experience was positive.
    The team I met was very nice and thorough good overall experience, nice offices and "cool" atmosphere.

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Had one phone interviewer with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager, and then an on-site interview with four people on the team. The four in-person interviewers were either at the same level as the role I applied for or more junior. They did not seem prepared and simply asked questions as they come up, so I basically answered the same set of questions four times in a two-hour period.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a project did not go well and how did you communicate it to the senior people.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Telephone interview, 4 Skype/site interview

Interview Questions
    • About future of Facebook and also the role of UO analyst   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Initial phone conversation with facebook recruiter of about 20 mins, going over my background and experience as well as what I was looking for.
    Set up a phone interview with a shared screen coding question, was suggested 2 weeks to prepare.
    Had I passed this stage, would go into London for an all day interview.

Interview Questions
    • Find lowest common ancestor (LCA).   View Answers (3)
    • Given two unsorted arrays, one with event start times and one with end times, find out if any two events overlap.   View Answers (4)

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

I applied online at the Graduate software engineer position through the company's website and I got contacted by their in-house recruiter after 10-12 days to arrange a telephone conversation. During the call, I was asked to explain my academic background and what my ideal job description would be. He identified which FB team would be the best match for me and suggested to have a coding interview after some preparation. He also sent me material to prepare and told me to contact him to arrange an interview when I feel well-prepared.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions, it was more a conversation regarding my background and my potential match with one of the FB teams.   Answer Question