Facebook

1,003 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Events Manager Interview

London, England

I applied through other source and interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details I went through 2 phone interviews and final stage at their offices in Covent Garden. Planning and communication was good, some small delay but hte overall experience was positive.
The team I met was very nice and thorough good overall experience, nice offices and "cool" atmosphere.

Interview Question – What do you need to be successful in your current job   Answer Question

Sales Operations Manager Interview

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details Had one phone interviewer with HR, one phone interview with hiring manager, and then an on-site interview with four people on the team. The four in-person interviewers were either at the same level as the role I applied for or more junior. They did not seem prepared and simply asked questions as they come up, so I basically answered the same set of questions four times in a two-hour period.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a project did not go well and how did you communicate it to the senior people.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

User Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details Telephone interview, 4 Skype/site interview

Interview Question – About future of Facebook and also the role of UO analyst   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Facebook in January 2009.

Interview Details Initially, I was dealt with by a fantastic recruiter in Palo Alto, who walked me through the process, and asked me probing questions to ensure I was applying to Facebook for the right reasons. I then went through an arduous process of multiple interviews over 6 months, which meant by the end of the process, I hadn't actually learnt a huge amount about the company, but they'd learnt a lot about me. After 6 months, they deferred my application, and put me on hold. Eventually, I got the job.

Interview Question – Nothing technical was asked as I was a graduate at the time.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online at the Graduate software engineer position through the company's website and I got contacted by their in-house recruiter after 10-12 days to arrange a telephone conversation. During the call, I was asked to explain my academic background and what my ideal job description would be. He identified which FB team would be the best match for me and suggested to have a coding interview after some preparation. He also sent me material to prepare and told me to contact him to arrange an interview when I feel well-prepared.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions, it was more a conversation regarding my background and my potential match with one of the FB teams.   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details Initial phone conversation with facebook recruiter of about 20 mins, going over my background and experience as well as what I was looking for.
Set up a phone interview with a shared screen coding question, was suggested 2 weeks to prepare.
Had I passed this stage, would go into London for an all day interview.

Interview Questions

• Find lowest common ancestor (LCA).   View Answer
  • Given two unsorted arrays, one with event start times and one with end times, find out if any two events overlap.   View Answers (3)

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details They were as friendly as you can imagine and gave me a T-Shirt. I met a kind of famous security guru.

Interview Question – How do you print all elements of a linked list.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I'm still in the loop.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details Received a call from an engineer in the US and I did not managed to solve the challenge. Got some questions about my studies and my career.

Interview Question – The coding exercise   Answer Question

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2013.

Interview Details First interview: 20 minute phone conversation about past experience with a technical recruiter that works for them.

Second interview: 45 minute phone interview, with a PC in front. He gave me some details about the company and gave me one coding challenge.

Interview Question – During the second interview, I was asked to implement LCA in a binary tree (not BST) on collabedit.com. I was close, but not close enough...   View Answer

Partnerships Interview

Partnerships
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in October 2012.

Interview Details I saw the role advertised on facebook.com/careers and it looked made for me: my level of experience, exact sector specialisms and working in a team that I had had regular contact with in a previous role.
I first contacted a few people within Facebook (either my own contacts or through colleagues) to understand more about the role, working at Facebook and the recruitment process. A huge positive for the company is that everyone you speak to at Facebook is amazingly enthusiastic about working there and very keen to pass that enthusiasm on to you.
I submitted a customised, comprehensive CV and cover letter to my main contact at Facebook who said she would pass it on to the HR lead working on this role.
Two weeks go by and, fortunately for me, I spent a bit of time prepping for a possible interview (thanks Glassdoor for some great interview question suggestions!)
After two weeks, I send my contact a chasing email and at 4.30pm that afternoon, a recruitment manager from Facebook emailed to request a half hour phone interview at 6.30 that evening - lucky I'd done some prep already.
On the phone interview, the lady was initially unsure which role I was interviewing for and had not got my CV or cover letter. She told me that the hiring manager was in London in two days time so we had to move quickly. Oh, and the job description online has now changed - they require someone with different sector specialism and technical product experience. We spent 30 mins talking through my CV, why I wanted to work for Facebook and what I thought I could bring to the role, but it was clear that the goal posts had moved and I was no longer suitable for the role... Surprise surprise, no call back.
Overall a disappointing experience with a disorganised and unclear process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Facebook?   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook interview questions and advice. All 1,003 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Facebook employees and interview candidates.