Facebook

Updated 14 Dec 2014
1,232 Interview Reviews

3.2

SMB Account Manager Interview

Uploaded my CV online, and got an email two weeks later that they'd like to talk to me on the phone to discuss my possibilities within Facebook. Scheduled a thirty minute phone interview the next week and talked to them for thirty minutes. Mostly questions about my past employment, which courses I was currently taking that were relevant and most importantly "why Facebook". I didn't get further but it was an overall good experience with a good level of personal support for such a large company.

Software Engineer Interview

Made it part the first phone interview, rejected on the technical interview after not knowing the questions. Entire process took about 3-4 weeks, and ran very smoothly. Phone interview lasted 15 minute and the technical interview an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Facebook employee referred me : 1 telephonic round + 4 onsite (1 Cultural fit + 1 Design + 2 Coding). The interview process was very smooth and all the interviewers were very friendly. Most of the questions in the coding round were on algorithm fundamentals. Also they expect clean coding with proper testing. The design round is more like the discussion you would have with your teammate suggesting pros and cons of each method.

Interview Questions
    • Clean code, test cases, scalable design, high level design...   Answer Question
    Since I had an offer I could negotiate a bit on RSU offered

Software Engineering New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in November 2014.

Interviewing process was very smooth and recruiters provided me with information and feedback almost instantaneously, for example, I heard back that I passed phone interview stage 6hrs after.

As I applied to NYC office they offered to fly me there for interviews but due to lack of time interviewed in London and loved office atmosphere.

Can't provide onsite questions due to NDA but had 2 coding ninja interviews and 1 jedi fit interview.

Process took quite long as I asked for time in between interviews to prepare better.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview questions:

Given an array of numbers (1,2,3,8,0,2,2,0,10), move all 0s to the right end and all other numbers to the left while keeping relative order of non-zero numbers. Has to be linear in time and in-place.

View Answer
    • Phone interview

Given a 2D array of gifts, find path from top left to bottom right corner with greatest aggregated gift values.

View Answer
    The offer is pretty good but I'm still waiting to negotiate once I get another competitive offer.

Creative Strategist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

After applying through the website, I was contacted the next day by someone from HR via email. We scheduled a telephone interview for the following week, but having booked the morning off work and waiting for the call I did not hear anything despite emailing them.

A week later, I was contacted again by HR, apologetic about not calling due to an illness, and we rescheduled the interview for later that week. Again, there was no call when arranged and no answer to follow up emails.

The third week came, and we finally managed to organise a call, which did actually occur. The interview went very well, and I was told that my experience and interests align very closely, but they had offered the role to an internal candidate, however there may be the opportunity of an additional role, and they would call back to confirm.

I did not expect much and was not disappointed when two weeks past without any follow-up. At this point, I emailed to rescind my interest, which was responded to that the other role is not happening..
    Not a great experience as a result of a very bad HR rep..

Interview Questions
    • First stage questions were based on interests, experience, and general competency.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

I was referred by a friend and after some back-and-forth they set up a phone screen via Skype and collabedit.com. The feedback was very quick after the initial phone screening.

Interview Questions
    • What is a memory-efficient way to store a vector of integers? Follow-up question: using your proposed data structure, find an algorithm with constant memory usage to calculate the dot product of two vectors.   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

The process went very smoothly. The experience with the recruiter was fantastic and the recruiter was always excited to talk about the company and kept me informed of what was happening throughout the entire process.

I did an initial screening interview and then a full day of on-site interviews. The on-site interviews consisted of two coding exercises (one on a whiteboard and one on a laptop), one on architecture, and one more that I don't remember.

Interview Questions
    • A dynamic programming question about differences in words.   Answer Question

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Very long process to start with after initial application then it was go, go, go!

First interview was over the phone with HR, second interview was with another member of staff, third interview face to face with the person I would have been working for. All of these took place one day after each other.

After the interviews I heard nothing for a month and kept having to chase HR. I was given various excuses as to why they hadn't come back to me. Then I received a call offering me the role but only as month temp assignment until the person who actually got the job could start!

They dangled the carrot of potential work after with a new role that was coming up in the future but I felt as though I was being blackmailed. I was told they needed to know I was serious about working at Facebook as they would normally only employ staff from Google or You Tube. Basically I wouldn't be put forward for the other role unless I went and temped there for a month. The HR member of staff seemed surprised that I wouldn't be prepared to leave a full time job for month of temping!

Completely unprofessional behaviour.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about how I would deal with difficult members of staff, Where would I book a table for Mark Zuckerberg to have lunch   Answer Question

Only offered a months work

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Short talk with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview. Phone interview involved talking about my previous projects, why facebook, was there anything that concerned me about the role, etc. It then involved a coding question which i've detailed below:

Interview Questions
    • Implement a method called printNonComments() which prints out a extract of text with comments removed.

For example, the input:

hello /* this is a
      multi line comment */ all

Should produce:

hello
      all

You have access to a method called getNextLine() which returns the next line in the input string.

View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After a general chat with recruiter (current role, relocation, tech skills) we went ahead with the phone screen.

I was asked 2 coding questions, which I coded, but I needed some hints in the second one.

A few days later I got the email that the team would not like to move forward. And I can setup a call for review the feedback, which I didn't. I knew I wasn't super fast on coding, and problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult.

Reverse String
      Pair words that are Anagrams of each other.

View Answers (2)