Facebook

Average Difficulty
332 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details Initial phone conversation with facebook recruiter of about 20 mins, going over my background and experience as well as what I was looking for.
Set up a phone interview with a shared screen coding question, was suggested 2 weeks to prepare.
Had I passed this stage, would go into London for an all day interview.

Interview Questions

• Find lowest common ancestor (LCA).   View Answers (2)
  • Given two unsorted arrays, one with event start times and one with end times, find out if any two events overlap.   View Answers (3)

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details They were as friendly as you can imagine and gave me a T-Shirt. I met a kind of famous security guru.

Interview Question – How do you print all elements of a linked list.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I'm still in the loop.

London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2013.

Interview Details First interview: 20 minute phone conversation about past experience with a technical recruiter that works for them.

Second interview: 45 minute phone interview, with a PC in front. He gave me some details about the company and gave me one coding challenge.

Interview Question – During the second interview, I was asked to implement LCA in a binary tree (not BST) on collabedit.com. I was close, but not close enough...   View Answers (2)

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details Sent my resumé, had a first round phone interview. 30 minutes, worked through one algorithm. Didn't hear back about another phone interview for 3 weeks, at which point I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Question – I was asked a relatively standard question about BSTs.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details one hackerrank, three technical interview.
the hackerrank question is fairly straightforward but easiest to do in higher level language.
technical interviews were okay, but not hint-ful or anything. made a stupid mistake in the last one and it cost me a lot :(

Interview Question – compare the leaves of a tree with early exit   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter, and was then interviewed via Skype. The interviewer had a pretty strong accent so it was hard to follow him at some points of the interview. He didn't spend time asking me about my background, but he was kind to respond questions in the end.

Interview Question – I wasn't asked anything particularly difficult on this interview, the question that I remember was 'write a function to calculate the Square Root of a number without using square root function'   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in July 2014.

Interview Details Introduced into the whole process via a referral, so I was able to move quickly to an onsite interview. This was easily the best interview experience I've had in a long time - recruiter was friendly and extremely responsive, and each of the interviews was engaged during the interview.

Everything moved very quickly once I indicated that I felt prepared to interview.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly surprising - be prepared to talk through CS fundamentals, large scale design, and code code code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details The interview process for the internship position consisted of two phone interviews. The first interview was more about my past experience and had a single programming question. During the interview you're supposed to code the solution in a language of your choice. The interviewer will see what you're coding as you type and make mistakes. By doing so they have insights on how you approach programming problems.

The second interview had two programming questions with similar degree of difficulty.

Interview Question – The first problem was the classical "reverse a linked list" problem. It's easy, but may make you feel nervous as getting the pointer manipulation right may be tricky.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I basically said yes.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Facebook in February 2014.

Interview Details campus recruiting and campus interview. I submit my resume in career fair and get notification of interview on the next day. The interviewer first asked me some questions on my resume and then asked me a technical question

Interview Question – something related to my resume. like how this project works   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

Interview Details The recruiter was excellent and quickly scheduled the first interview, but the manager seemed too busy and unprepared for the interview. When asked about development processes, make sure you show how flexible you are. They aren't looking for candidates who follow a strict SDLC; they want someone who can deal with less structure.

Interview Question – Tell me about the N-1 problem with ORMs.   Answer Question

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!