Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct 2014

3.3

362 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook.

I was referred by a friend and after some back-and-forth they set up a phone screen via Skype and collabedit.com. The feedback was very quick after the initial phone screening.

Interview Questions
  • What is a memory-efficient way to store a vector of integers? Follow-up question: using your proposed data structure, find an algorithm with constant memory usage to calculate the dot product of two vectors.   View Answers (3)

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

The process went very smoothly. The experience with the recruiter was fantastic and the recruiter was always excited to talk about the company and kept me informed of what was happening throughout the entire process.

I did an initial screening interview and then a full day of on-site interviews. The on-site interviews consisted of two coding exercises (one on a whiteboard and one on a laptop), one on architecture, and one more that I don't remember.

Interview Questions
    • A dynamic programming question about differences in words.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Initial phone conversation with facebook recruiter of about 20 mins, going over my background and experience as well as what I was looking for.
    Set up a phone interview with a shared screen coding question, was suggested 2 weeks to prepare.
    Had I passed this stage, would go into London for an all day interview.

Interview Questions
    • Find lowest common ancestor (LCA).   View Answers (3)
    • Given two unsorted arrays, one with event start times and one with end times, find out if any two events overlap.   View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

They were as friendly as you can imagine and gave me a T-Shirt. I met a kind of famous security guru.

I'm still in the loop.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2013.

First interview: 20 minute phone conversation about past experience with a technical recruiter that works for them.

Second interview: 45 minute phone interview, with a PC in front. He gave me some details about the company and gave me one coding challenge.

Interview Questions
    • During the second interview, I was asked to implement LCA in a binary tree (not BST) on collabedit.com. I was close, but not close enough...   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Software Engineer Interview

A phone interview, simply ask some question about resume and then ask coding question. They sent a link to you and use the link to coding. Just one question, the question is typed by them in the link.

Interview Questions
    • Print a binary tree by vertical level order

2 4
      3 5

print :
      1 5
        View Answers (6)

Software Engineer Interview

First I got a phone interview, where I was asked a few background questions like previous experience. After this, I received an email for an on-site interview. After a brief tour of the campus in Palo Alto, I was brought to a room where a Senior Software Engineer interviewed me. I was asked a number of simple questions, and then one complex coding question.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Referred by a friend.The recruiter responds quickly. First the recruiter needs to know more about me and introduces the job. Then planned a phone screen for me. One coding question. Two days later I was informed I am invited for a full loop. The onsite includes four rounds. Two Coding, one system design and one Jedi. Great experience

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Met the recruiter at a career fair, dropped off my resume, and was contacted for an on campus tech interview. Interviewed with a Russian guy with a really heavy accent and I could NOT understand much of what he was saying. He also got impatient with me and basically wrote the answer on the board after 1-2 minutes of watching me struggle. Not a very helpful or nurturing interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • you have a longggg list of words, return a list of distinct words along with the count of how many occurred using only 16gb of memory   View Answer