Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
237 interviews

2.7

Marketing Interview

Typical interview all the way through. Three rounds of interviews: first on the phone, second with a manager, third at the office meeting all the employees. Process took about three weeks. One week for each part of the interview. They were quick to inform you about the next phase of the process, setup interviews via email.

Interview Questions
    • This was your standard interview questions such as, "Tell me a time when...", "What motivates you?" Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

The hiring process was very streamlined. From the time of my initial phone screening to the final offer was about 2.5 weeks. It's clear that this company knows what they are looking for, and will only advance you through the process if they feel you meet that criteria. I had no help with obtaining this position i.e. someone on the inside but being confident is key.

Interview Questions
    • Give an experience where you did not agree with a management decision. Now explain what you did and why.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is an art, some people have it down some people don't. I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2011.

very detailed and extensive, was a rather long process to interview, from role playing and group excercises to detailed profiling and IQ level testing as well as pressure situations use to determine your able to effectively handle high stress and multitasking priorities.

Interview Questions
    • questions and excercises used to determine honesty, character, and comprehension colleagic level academic and analytic testing.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2014.

In person interview, computerized application, background check, total of 92 hours online course, exams, wait to be licensed, company training, reserve contact, sell 40 P&C and 4 Life policies, and then you get your official career agent contract.

Interview Questions
    • they ask you what are your past experiences, what sales experience do you have, what are you looking for in a career?   Answer Question

CSA Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2010.

I applied online, received a with a day or two call and did a phone interview on the spot and after the phone interview they immediately let you know of the next phase for a f2f interview. For f2f interview I was interviewed by two managers.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process has changed but when the managers used to interview candidates, the questions were scenario/situation based. For example, "tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond your call of duty to assist a customer?'   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Marketing Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Found a posting on local College job-board posting. Called them directly at the office and got an in person interview after a few days. Very nice people to work with. Office is located not too far from where I live, so a daily commute is no problem. Would love to grow with the company and help them reduce paper-work clutter.

Interview Questions
    • Some personal questions once on the job, but not worried about it, as most successful entrepreneurs get to mix business with fun.   Answer Question
    Very quick interview with the office manager. Had to explain my school schedule, but once they dropped my in person course due to low enrollment, I was able to work out a really good schedule with the office supervisor.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olathe, KS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in February 2014.

Applied online. Heard back from human resources a couple weeks later for some skill tests, including typing and multi-tasking. Received an email that I passed that portion and they would like to do a phone interview with me. Went through the phone interview and was selected to do an on site interview with two supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, no "trick questions".   View Answer
    No negotiation, accepted job as is.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2014.

Did not really go through HR.
    1) Phone interview with supervisor - asked me to elaborate my resume (mostly walking through what I know in terms of skills and experience) and wanted me to come in for an office interview. Felt like he puts some emphasis on Excel. So I brushed up my Excel skills in case I might be tested when I visit the office, but no questions about Excel was asked.
    2) Office interview - the same supervisor who called me + another associate interviewed me. 2 on 1. 100% behavioral questions (what kind of boss do you prefer to work it? what is the most difficult decision you had to make? tell me about your brainstorming experience recently?) Expect about ~20 questions like that. My advice to you is prep prep rep and practice.
    3) After talking to them I was handed a work prioritization paper. You have to prioritize the tasks and explain why (all in writing)
    4) Was directed to another manager's office. More behavioral questions and 3 mental math problems. Asked for GPA.
    5) Then finished the interview with a test on the computer. Not a technical test, just challenge your ability and thinking process on how to infer, deduce, assume, and conclude. You don't need any knowledge of accounting or Excel or job-related to do this test.

I got a call 5 days later and the supervisor informed me that I was one of the top candidates. I needed to email my transcript to them. 2 days after that HR called and said they'd like to extend the offer to me.

Very normal interview experience. I personally thought I bombed it, however.

Interview Questions
    • You are at a meeting and have to calculate some math in your head......(and gave 3 scenarios which require you to do the mental calculations)   View Answer
    Did not have any discussion about salary. Farmers pay better than its competitor. You'll be happy with what they offer.

Agent Interview

accepted as a reserve agent and entered program once I demonstrated abilities and passion for the career
    I went through extensive training and licensing before I graduated to become an agent

Interview Questions
    • typical behavioral questions...what motivates you? what makes you a good candidate for this career?   Answer Question

Regional Recruiting Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

So far, my experiences with the team at Farmers Insurance at one of the Minnesota offices has been fantastic. As soon as I went in to the office, I felt a feeling of welcoming and belonging in the environment. The office really did seem like a very positive and upbeat culture. I will say the only con is that I was not initially contacted about my application until about two weeks after I had applied.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, but I also have several years experience as a recruiter. I thought the interview was very direct, which I loved.   Answer Question

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!