Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy, nice conversation, not many questions, mostly went over the different processes for each position ie: agent, customer service rep. and marketing. The interview as a whole was a relaxed and pleasant environment.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to own your own business (become a agent)   1 Answer

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Plano, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Met to discuss process, second interview. I went to the Farmers Insurance Group Office and had a pleasant interview asking my interests and explaining the process. I then had a second interview with more personal questions.

Interview Questions

• Education, background check, interests   1 Answer

Had other interests, still looking

Field Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online, then I took a 2 hour test, just had a panel interview. The questions were behavioral based. The recruiters were very thorough , I am waiting for a call back. I think there is one more round of interviews.

Field Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Contacted by HR, who first sent two assessment tests. Once completed, set up a phone conversation where I received more detail about the position, then proceeded with a phone interview/screen. A week later I received a call from supervisors and set up in person interview. Had a lengthy bbi interview with them. Called back for field experience and met with management. Received offer. Very professional, understanding, and knowledgeable staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do your research before you negotiate. Throwing something outlandish out there can sometimes hurt you. Provide valuable facts about your worth. See what they can do.

Regional Compliance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mercer Island, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Mercer Island, WA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 week process. They responded to my application about 4 days later. The HR person was friendly and very professional. I received an interview with the hiring manager a short time later. She was thorough in her questions and the interview went well. She answered all my questions and provided good detail about the job. HR then proceeded to schedule an on-site interview at their Mercer Island office. I reserved a hotel room and train ride. They were willing to reimburse for the train ride and any taxi trips. I then received an unexpected phone call from HR - there was a meeting that day and it was decided that the position should be moved to Kansas. There would be no position in Seattle and I wouldn't be able to move to Kansas. They certainly raised my hopes for getting an on-site interview, so it was disappointing and unexpected. I'll think twice before I apply to positions at Farmers in the future. Eliminating a position right before an on-site interview in my opinion is unprofessional business conduct.

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in March 2015.

Interview

Was recruited online through a job website. Called multiple times and I returned call. Set up interview for next day. Interview was fairly easy mostly a "sales" type interview. Experience in sales of any kind is a must for this company. They look for confident individuals looking to further their own personal brand as well as the companies brand. This job is not for people who need a steady income.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other's I have interviewed?   1 Answer

Farmers Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Cherry Hill, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview is mostly a description of the job. The first quarter you need to sell 15 property and casualty and 2 life. Then it gets bumped to 40 P/C and 4 Life. I submitted a background check was cleared after 2 days.(They didn't make me pay for it.) I have a second interview with the trainers so I will know more. I am a bit skeptical about putting money in to make money.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then took a two hour assessment online. I was contacted by a recruiter to do a phone interview. The interview was all behavior based questions. Be specific and give examples! I was then asked to come in for a face to face. There was a meet and greet with the other candidates and management. After introducing yourself there is shadowing of a current employee for about 20 minutes. After shadowing an employee there was the actual interview that consisted of me and two managers. The continued with the behavior based interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Behavior Based Interview questions. Prepare and be specific   1 Answer

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

interviewed with three person panel. Everyone seemed nice. They took turns asking questions. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was told that they would be interviewing few more people. Called after couple of weeks and they said they put a hold on hiring till possibly April.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted from a Human Resources representative, and then had an interview scheduled. I meet with HR recruiter the week they contacted me. Farmer's Insurance seems to really support their new agents. I liked learning this about the company, but I am not looking to build my own business. I am looking for work as an insurance CSR. With the Farmer's CSR positions the company recommends the agents pay their licensed workers $16 to $18 an hour. I think this is a fair wage. The problem is when the agents extend their offers, it could (and probably will be) for a lower hourly rate with the promise of a cut of commission. For me personally, the agent offering the CSR position was only offering part time and a much lower base than I can financially manage with. I had to pass this time, but I left with a positive impression and good information from my Farmer's interview.