Federated Insurance

Updated 12 Jun 2014
Updated 12 Jun 2014

3.5

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Federated Insurance.

These people reward their employees graciously. During the interview process, they are heavy on personality expectations and testing you to get a feel for what you represent or bring to the company. They love self-driven people.

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Federated Insurance in March 2014.

I only went through the very beginning of their hiring process. Their district manager found my resume online and contacted me about the position. After the initial phone call, which was really more of an information session than an interview, he had me take a very lengthy personality test. The results came back favorable and an interview was scheduled with the district and regional managers. Again, this was somewhat informational. We discussed my background and what I was looking for. I also found out that this was essentially the first of 9 interviews they do before hiring someone. The last 3 interviews they conduct with you and your spouse, something I found quite odd. The managers I had contact with were both very personable, professional, and I could tell they genuinely cared about their employees. However, I found their hiring process to be somewhat overbearing and intrusive which highlights that they are looking for an extremely specific kind of person to go to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Requiring three interviews with the candidate and their spouse and asking to check my credit before a job offer was made.   Answer Question

Underwriting Document Services Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Federated Insurance.

Pre-testing in HR to test skill needed for position
    Interview consisted of behavioral based questions with the hiring supervisor and her manager present.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Federated Insurance.

Was first given a phone interview. Phone interview was over my college accomplishments and involvement. Did not go very deep into job history. Was brought in for an in-person interview and given an aptitude test. Everything went well. Waiting for an offer.

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Federated Insurance.

Very long hiring process to ensure the candidate can handle the pressures of the job. Significant others are brought to final interviews. Initial interview, ride along, dinner with immediate manager and your spouse, interview with regional manager and your spouse, interview with director and your spouse.

Interview Questions
    • Reviewed college transcripts or resume and found most glaring weakness. Made individual sell manager on why they should ignore this weakness and still consider you as a candidate.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Federated Insurance in January 2013.

Extensive interview process. 3 scripted interviews with district manager, ride-alongs, 2 VP interviews. I met the DM at a coffee shop on my own time. He followed up with 3 scheduled interviews. I then met the VP of sales and scheduled an interview with him. I did not follow through with the 4th interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I walked into your home, what would be one object that describes you perfectly?   View Answer

Took other opportunity

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owatonna, MN (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Federated Insurance.

Has changed tremendously over the year - they look to hire people with marketing attributes for all positions.

Interview Questions
    • No specific question posed that was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, vacation etc... it was take it or leave it.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Federated Insurance in March 2012.

I interviewed with Federated through a campus recruitment event. I was selected as a candidate through a pre-screening process based on my resume. The interview itself lasted a full hour, at the end I was told I was a good candidate and the next step in the interview process was an online personality assessment that would take approximately 2.5 hours.

My initial interview was postponed after my interviewer had a family issue and had to leave. It was rescheduled for a week and a half later. I received a phone call from my recruiter verifying the new interview date/time because he "forgot." I also received mixed messages from the recruiter about the follow-up process: he verbally informed me that he would call me to follow up, but in an email from his assistant said that I should call him.
    After trying to contact my recruiter several times over the course of a few weeks he called me back at 6am on a weekday to tell me that I had passed the online assessment and his assistant would email me with a date for a second interview.
    I never received the email and my calls went unanswered and were not returned.

I was disappointed with the lack of professionalism of my recruiter, as I had been very impressed with the company.

Marketing Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Federated Insurance in November 2011.

Long.

Better offer.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Federated Insurance in January 2011.

Had to take a compatibility test, then had a 1:1 interview where he described the company and then proceeded to ask all about my family and work experience. Did a credit and background and drivers background test. Will be doing second round interviews in a few weeks.