Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Kingswood, South West England, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details Telephone interview lasting 30mins just the basics customer Service questions. Face to face interview with two managers. 1 role play, the personal and customer service questions finally HR interview questions.

Interview Question – Explain a time you failed and how did you over come it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details maths tests online and then first round of interviews. First interview was questions such as 'what would you look for when analysing a real estate investment opportunity' and character questions. very nice woman. Second interview was straight into maths questions, no pen and paper allowed. More intense.

Interview Question – Maths questions in your head only such as if you have 14 doubles couples in a Tennis Tournament, how many knockout rounds do you need to have your winners.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Quite dissapointing - the interviewer was a senior customer services executive, seemed to have very limited knowledge of the business itself, read questions from a list - it seemed like they were looking to hire robots who would simply follow instructions and would not even try to progress. But then again I guess in the light of what the job is it is understandable

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Interview Details I had an interview in November with Fidelity those were the main questions:
Competency Interview, Questions: Why Fidelity? Why Buy Side? Tell me more about your Leadership Skills.
If you had one billion dollar where would you invest them? A problem that you had to solve in a team
Review all those questions and you should do fine

Interview Question – Not technical questions at this stage   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

Interview Details I had a telephone interview for an internship at equity research at Fidelity. The interview was quite standard, with competency questions like in most other financial firms.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2009.

Interview Details I failed to make it to the next round, so I don't know much about it. As far as I know, the interview process should be very selective. That's all I can offer you.

Interview Question – What prompts your application for the job?   View Answer

Investments Analyst Interview

Investments Analyst
London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2010.

Interview Details Some behaviour questions, like teamwork, solving problem skill, being a fast learner etc. The whole interview took 45mins with one guy from HR and one guy from the business unit. Not much technical question involoved. The overall feeling of the interview was positive, but I did not get the chance to the next round. From the feedback I learned that I did not prepared more examples. I repeated some examples on different questions.

Interview Question – How you handle the teamwork working with someone you couldn't get on with   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details I submitted three different applications and had one phone interview. Interviewer liked me and promised to call if moving forward or not. I am still waiting for a call to say sorry but we have decided to move on. Applying online is useless. I am turned off from Fidelity.

Interview Question – The questions seemed basic and no level of difficulty. Perhaps it was a ploy to appear professional.   Answer Question

Defined Contribution Representative Interview

Defined Contribution Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2011.

Interview Details I was first contacted via phone to complete a phone interview, which went pretty well. The recruiter I worked with felt that I had potential and gave me immediate feedback at the end of my phone interview before extending an offer for a face to face interview. Once I completed my face to face interview I was thanked for my time and contacted maybe a week or two later with an emailed offer letter. In the offer letter I also had to schedule a drug test and submit information for a background check and the offer was contingent upon successful completion of both.

Interview Question – I had the advantage of knowing someone who had just undergone the same interview process with Fidelity who helped me prepare, so nothing unexpected occurred for me personally. They asked the basic behavioral-based questions. "Tell me about a time when..." "How did you handle a situation when..."   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

Interview Details 3 profiles were available namely :Software Developer,Quality Assurance, ITI(Technical Infrastructure)
I chose software developer.
Written Round:It had 3 sections namely Quantitative Aptitude,Logical Reasoning,Verbal Ability.
This round was fairly easy but main thing is time management.
I got through the 1st round.

Interview : There were 3 interviews ,

HR interview 1/ Behavior interview:Initially,the interviewer asked me whether I was nervous,and asked for my resume.She asked about my projects for about 5 minutes.After this she had given me a situation asked me how I would react.The situation was suppose when working in a team ,there is difference in opinion between me and other team members ,how would I react.I replied by saying that I would promptly go and tell my views to the Team leader and its up to the team leader to take in my opinions.All I want is to contribute for the betterment of the team in a meaningful manner.She asked me ,who is my inspiration,why I want to join Fidelity.This round lasted for about 15 minutes.

I was asked to wait for sometime and then I called in for Tech Interview for Software Developer.

Tech Interview: The interviewer was very friendly.I had told him in the beginning itself that I am not comfortable with data structures but I am going to study in the coming semester.He asked me few puzzles and code snippets a).Swapping of two variables without using a temporary variable b)
if x and y are two numbers and each has a millions digits ,compute sum.c)If you have 5 ,10,20 rupee note.print all the combinations of these notes which will result in a sum of 500.I answers all these questions ,I could answer a few puzzles.
This round lasted for about 20 minutes.
After this round I had the HR 2 interview.

HR 2 interview:I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses.The interview asked me if had any questions to ask.This round lasted for about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – In the Tech Interview ,I couldn't answer a few puzzles.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Campus Interview,so no negotiation

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!