Fidelity Investments Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
588 interviews

2.9

Senior Investment Data Analyst Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

I had two phone interviews one with the recruiter and the other with the department head both went well and I got invited on campus for 3 in person interviews. All the questions were around past work experience.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kingswood, South West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingswood, South West England, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Telephone interview lasting 30mins just the basics customer Service questions. Face to face interview with two managers. 1 role play, the personal and customer service questions finally HR interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you failed and how did you over come it.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

maths tests online and then first round of interviews. First interview was questions such as 'what would you look for when analysing a real estate investment opportunity' and character questions. very nice woman. Second interview was straight into maths questions, no pen and paper allowed. More intense.

Interview Questions
    • Maths questions in your head only such as if you have 14 doubles couples in a Tennis Tournament, how many knockout rounds do you need to have your winners.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Quite dissapointing - the interviewer was a senior customer services executive, seemed to have very limited knowledge of the business itself, read questions from a list - it seemed like they were looking to hire robots who would simply follow instructions and would not even try to progress. But then again I guess in the light of what the job is it is understandable

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

I had an interview in November with Fidelity those were the main questions:
    Competency Interview, Questions: Why Fidelity? Why Buy Side? Tell me more about your Leadership Skills.
    If you had one billion dollar where would you invest them? A problem that you had to solve in a team
    Review all those questions and you should do fine

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

I had a telephone interview for an internship at equity research at Fidelity. The interview was quite standard, with competency questions like in most other financial firms.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2009.

I failed to make it to the next round, so I don't know much about it. As far as I know, the interview process should be very selective. That's all I can offer you.

Interview Questions
    • What prompts your application for the job?   View Answer

Investments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2010.

Some behaviour questions, like teamwork, solving problem skill, being a fast learner etc. The whole interview took 45mins with one guy from HR and one guy from the business unit. Not much technical question involoved. The overall feeling of the interview was positive, but I did not get the chance to the next round. From the feedback I learned that I did not prepared more examples. I repeated some examples on different questions.

Interview Questions
    • How you handle the teamwork working with someone you couldn't get on with   Answer Question

Associate Interview

The only company in my experience where you will be treated nicely having no complaints during the interview process. It starts with a 60 marks attitude comprising verbal,quantitative and logical reasoning. The next day is the technical interview- mutual funds and stock market followed by some hr questions. The final managerial round will have only resume related questions and salary negotiation- just sell yourself!!

Interview Questions
    • Most annoying thing that will force me to quit the job?   Answer Question
    The salary was good for a fresher so no negotiations.

Management Consultant, Strategy Group Interview

Fidelity Business Consulting (aka FBC), the internal strategy group, follows a standard on campus recruiting timeline for MBA students.

WHAT THEY WANT: They are looking for MBA students who want to have financial services domain knowledge and an operating role in Fidelity as a mid-term career objective. Finance industry experience is a plus but it is not a requirement. Many successful candidates say that prior experience in people / project management has helped. What you must have is a consulting toolkit, business acumen, and problem solving orientation.

RESUME REVIEW: Make sure your resume shows problem solving/ analytical experience, strategy experience, financial services background (if you have one) or interest, and leadership/ personal Initiative.

INTERVIEWS: In the first round, they usually do two interviews (one with a Director or Management Consultant and one with a VP). Be prepared for case interviews, fit interviews, and the occasional brain teaser.

In behavioral interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Personal Impact, Communication, Cultural Fit, Leadership/ Initiative, and Financial Services Interest/ Expertise. In case interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Problem Structuring, Conceptual Thinking, and Quantitative Skills.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the VPs tend to throw you brain teasers to see how you react and reason. These can be difficult but it's no different than what the big consulting firms do.   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!