Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Kingswood, South West England, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details Telephone interview lasting 30mins just the basics customer Service questions. Face to face interview with two managers. 1 role play, the personal and customer service questions finally HR interview questions.

Interview Question – Explain a time you failed and how did you over come it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details maths tests online and then first round of interviews. First interview was questions such as 'what would you look for when analysing a real estate investment opportunity' and character questions. very nice woman. Second interview was straight into maths questions, no pen and paper allowed. More intense.

Interview Question – Maths questions in your head only such as if you have 14 doubles couples in a Tennis Tournament, how many knockout rounds do you need to have your winners.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Quite dissapointing - the interviewer was a senior customer services executive, seemed to have very limited knowledge of the business itself, read questions from a list - it seemed like they were looking to hire robots who would simply follow instructions and would not even try to progress. But then again I guess in the light of what the job is it is understandable

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

Interview Details I had an interview in November with Fidelity those were the main questions:
Competency Interview, Questions: Why Fidelity? Why Buy Side? Tell me more about your Leadership Skills.
If you had one billion dollar where would you invest them? A problem that you had to solve in a team
Review all those questions and you should do fine

Interview Question – Not technical questions at this stage   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

Interview Details I had a telephone interview for an internship at equity research at Fidelity. The interview was quite standard, with competency questions like in most other financial firms.

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2009.

Interview Details I failed to make it to the next round, so I don't know much about it. As far as I know, the interview process should be very selective. That's all I can offer you.

Interview Question – What prompts your application for the job?   View Answer

Investments Analyst Interview

Investments Analyst
London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2010.

Interview Details Some behaviour questions, like teamwork, solving problem skill, being a fast learner etc. The whole interview took 45mins with one guy from HR and one guy from the business unit. Not much technical question involoved. The overall feeling of the interview was positive, but I did not get the chance to the next round. From the feedback I learned that I did not prepared more examples. I repeated some examples on different questions.

Interview Question – How you handle the teamwork working with someone you couldn't get on with   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details One round of technical interview and one Hr round for negotiation. Easy to crack. Technical interview will be more on basics and your hand son experience in last company. Be sure to be confident in the interview. They like confident people to have on board.

Financial Representative Interview

Financial Representative
Merrimack, NH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

Interview Details You are greeted by two people in HR that take you on a tour of the campus. Bring your resume because they take two copies to give to the managers that will be interviewing you. You learn about the company and then get taken to another room to do your interview with two managers. After that you are taken to another room to take a critical thinking test. Got a call later that day to inform me how the interview went.

Interview Question – One of the managers asked if I would recommend he go to Harvard or Yale. He was looking to see how well I could ask questions to identify which one would better fit his situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because I was happy with the offer.

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Associate Systems Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Interview Details HR has called and scheduled an interview after 5 days. Interview was good but it was my first interview as a professional. So, got tensed sometimes and hesitated. Still now I am waiting for the call after interview but as 5 days are already over, so chances are little.

Interview Question – All questions are normal. Just dont take any pressure. It was my first interview so when they asked something I have already worked upon I have hesitated and forgot the answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!