Fidelity Investments

Updated 10 Dec 2014

2.9

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingswood, South West England, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

I applied through a recruitment agency. The process took 3 weeks. I had to complete an online test. Really basic, there were just questions related to how you would react in a specific situation, no logical questions.

I had 2 interviews, the first one with two mangers of customer relation department. Really nice people they made me fell like I was talking to a friend. Question where the followings:

Why do you want the job or what interests you about this job?
    Why do you think you are a suitable candidate for the position?
     What contributions could you make to our Company?
    What do you know about our Company and the job?
    What are your strengths and or weaknesses? With weaknesses ensure you think of an example that is either not applicable to the role or one that you have previously identified and overcome in order to turn into a positive
    What are your reasons for wanting to leave your current/last job? NB. Redundancy, re-location, increase in salary, wanting career development etc.
    What notice period you are on or when are you available to start work.

Key competencies and example questions
    Communication:
    Can you give me an example of when you have written an important letter to a client? How did you ensure it was clear to the reader? What feedback did you receive?
    Have you ever had to explain something really difficult over the telephone? What was so difficult about it? How might you do it differently in future?
    Describe a talk or presentation you have given recently? How did you prepare? Who was in the audience? What was their reaction to your presentation?
    Tell me about a time you had to communicate a complicated idea to another person or team. How did you go about this? What was your strategy to ensure they understood? How did you check that they understood?
    What types of communication have your utilised in the past?
    How do you ensure communication is effective?
    How would you persuade colleagues that an established procedure could me more effective if amended slightly?
    How would you handle a situation where a client wanted a huge discount?

Influencing:
    Tell me about a time when you had to convince a colleague(s) of your point of view. What positive messages and benefits did you outline and why?
    Think of a time when you had to argue a case and outline the obvious arguments. How did you outline the less obvious arguments? Which arguments did you use to win the case and why? When developing lines of argument, to what extent do you involve others?
    Describe a time when you had to develop an important strategy or initiate a project. How did you go about it? Who was involved? How did you ensure success? What indirect influencing methods did you use?
    Tell me about the types of influencing and negotiation situations you have been involved with, how did you approach it? What specifically did you do to ensure success? What did you learn from this experience?

Planning:
    How do you prioritise your own work?
    How do you establish your own priorities?
    How regularly do you review your priorities?
    What do you do if an urgent request comes in from a client?
    What do you feel is the most important part of planning a telesales call?
    Which aspect of planning do you find most useful?
    What would your first steps be?
    What would your action be?
    How would you monitor/evaluate progress?
    What was the most important event you have had to plan for in the past?
    Was your action plan successful?
    What if anything would you have done differently?
    What aspects of the process did you find most challenging?
    Describe for me a recent project, which required you to assemble a lot of different /a large amount of information? How did you know you had the appropriate information? How did you know you had enough information? Where did you get the information from?

Flexibility:
    What experience have you had of working in teams? What size were they? Describe the team and how is operated? What was your role in the team? What did you contribute to your team? What support would you expect to get from your team?
    In your past experience of working with a team, how has it managed to deal with an unplanned event?
    What steps did the team take to deal with the situation?
    How much involvement did you have?
    Give an example of where you have been required to significantly adapt a plan in order to respond to changes within the environment. Explain how you adapted the plan in the way you did. What impact did your action have on the outcome?
    Tell ma about the last time you had to cope with a significant change in your daily work patterns, brought about by factors outside your control.
    How do you cope with the problem in the workplace of simultaneous, "urgent" demands made upon your time?

The second interview was with the HR manager. Questions were more about my past experience and about my availability.

Technical Author Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonbridge, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonbridge, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Unusually for a contract role it was a two stage interview; but having said that it was straight forward with the latter being a "getting to know you" chat. The process was straight forward and there was only openness from the interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Wanted examples of systems and manuals / guides produced.   Answer Question

Senior Investment Data Analyst Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

I had two phone interviews one with the recruiter and the other with the department head both went well and I got invited on campus for 3 in person interviews. All the questions were around past work experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

maths tests online and then first round of interviews. First interview was questions such as 'what would you look for when analysing a real estate investment opportunity' and character questions. very nice woman. Second interview was straight into maths questions, no pen and paper allowed. More intense.

Interview Questions
    • Maths questions in your head only such as if you have 14 doubles couples in a Tennis Tournament, how many knockout rounds do you need to have your winners.   View Answers (2)

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingswood, South West England, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Telephone interview lasting 30mins just the basics customer Service questions. Face to face interview with two managers. 1 role play, the personal and customer service questions finally HR interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you failed and how did you over come it.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2013.

After applying online and passing the online numerical and verbal test, I was invited for a telephone interview. The interviewer was very friendly and approachable. I was asked questions from my CV, my academic choices, work experiences. Why Fidelity? Why Investments?

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Quite dissapointing - the interviewer was a senior customer services executive, seemed to have very limited knowledge of the business itself, read questions from a list - it seemed like they were looking to hire robots who would simply follow instructions and would not even try to progress. But then again I guess in the light of what the job is it is understandable

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2012.

I had an interview in November with Fidelity those were the main questions:
    Competency Interview, Questions: Why Fidelity? Why Buy Side? Tell me more about your Leadership Skills.
    If you had one billion dollar where would you invest them? A problem that you had to solve in a team
    Review all those questions and you should do fine

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2012.

I had a telephone interview for an internship at equity research at Fidelity. The interview was quite standard, with competency questions like in most other financial firms.

Investments Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2010.

Some behaviour questions, like teamwork, solving problem skill, being a fast learner etc. The whole interview took 45mins with one guy from HR and one guy from the business unit. Not much technical question involoved. The overall feeling of the interview was positive, but I did not get the chance to the next round. From the feedback I learned that I did not prepared more examples. I repeated some examples on different questions.

Interview Questions
    • How you handle the teamwork working with someone you couldn't get on with   Answer Question