Fidelity Investments

Administrative Interview

2 stage process.

1) Phone interview with HR for behavioral

2) Face to face interview with additional behavioral questions

Followed by standard drug test.

Standard interview questions with few curveballs. Mostly interested on your personality and how your react to behavioral questions. Was given a few role play scenarios, customer was angry etc.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to get someone to do something they didn't want to?   Answer Question

Financial Associate II-Health & Welfare Interview

There will be a least two interviews and one of those will include two or more managers depending on the role. The interview will consist of one manager asking the questions while the other just observes and takes notes.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? Explain how you would handle a difficult interaction with a customer.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

First got a call from a national recruiter who simply went over my resume with me and talked about my experience, asked a few "easy" questions and set expectations about the job. Set up a second call with another HR person (this time local) who asked a lot of situational questions. They're looking for a lot of examples of how you provided excellent customer service. This job after-all is a glorified call center rep! Your dream job...

After that I got called in for an interview. Probably about 8 other applicants. Took us into a room and talked about the company in a power point presentation! (waste of time). They pause during it and ask you dumb questions during the power point such as "What do get from that?" mostly wanting to hear you say some B.S. about how awesome the company sounds.

Then each of us were paired off with 2 managers.(A poor method of interviewing) They again ask situational questions, nothing too difficult. Just have customer service examples. After that, they take you to take a test. (another waste of time.)

After that, they will call you within 3 days telling you if you got the job. If you didn't get the job they will give you some poor excuse as to why. Out of 50 that they interviewed that day, they hired 3...

Make sure that you have a degree that they want. I went in with a business degree but they gave the excuse that I did not have financial experience. This is a disconnect in HR. If HR does not think I will be a good candidate, then they should not have put me through to the interviewing process in the first place.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Applied and was referred by an employee. Applied to the LEAP program (software development track). Had one screener-type phone call about the program and then had 3 interviews: 1 technical and 2 behavioral. The 3 interviews were with 3 different technical people (Senior Software Engineers etc.). The technical questions were mainly focused on Java and OOP; there was no writing of code.

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter to set up initial phone interview. They were very fast to get this set up and move forward in the process. The interview is expected to be about one hour long and is fairly in-depth.

Interview Questions
    • They have a very strong emphasis on behavioral interview questions and are looking for very specific answers. Tell me about a time when... Prepare for the questions because it will be a deal breaker if you do not answer them properly.   Answer Question

Institutional Operations Representative I Interview

Had one interview with hiring manager and supervisor. Very professional and courteous. They were very respectful and wasted no time getting down to business. They asked the standard questions you would expect in any interview. I felt they wanted to make sure that I was a good fit within their group and the overall organization. Called me within 48 hours with job offer.

No negotiation, but the offer was fair.

Tech Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The first round interview was with HR via phone, and the second round was with a hiring manager through phone. Each interview took about half an hour. For some reason the hiring manage sounds very annoyed and angry the whole time...

Interview Questions

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Campus recruiting. We had 1.5 hrs interactive ppt where we learnt about company's prospect.They came for 3 profiles. We had 4 rounds. 1st round was aptitude-AMCAT. Basic math,logical and verbal questions. Then there was behavioural round. It was just to know about the candidate. Then there was a tech interview. they asked mainly about projects,basic questions on c,c++ ( for qa,developer ).
    Finally there was 1 hr round which was just a formality.
    Overall easy interview with friendly team of fidelity.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on linux commands for infrastructure profile   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

After applying online I was contacted by local HR to do a screening interview. It consisted of standard questions like "what do you know about financial services?" and "are you currently following the stock market?". Overall, relatively basic info to pass to the next phone interview. This one was more detailed, and they go over your resume fairly thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where your customer service went above and beyond the normal level of expectations.   View Answer

They can only tell you that you may work a shift between 7:00am-11:00pm Monday-Saturday. No guarantee of standard hours.