Fidelity Investments

Updated 4 Mar 2015
Updated 4 Mar 2015

2.9

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview process was pretty straight forward and consisted of two interviews, each a panel interview with 3 QA Managers. The questions that were asked the most were the normal interview questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question involved stating a query to return results impromptu.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Sales & Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

They are really looking for consistency. I had four parts to complete in the AC which were a group exercise, a presentation (you get the topic 1 week prior to the AC), an interview, and a case study. One cannot really prepare for 1,2, and 4 but you really have to nail the presentation and know everything about what you are talking. I put in less effort and didnt get the job only because of that even though they told me that I outperformed the rest in 2 and 4 by far.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

1. Technical Objective Test(70 Questions)
    2. Technical Interview
    3. Technical Interview Manager
    4. HR Interview

1. Worst Interview Experience.
    2. They took a 2 hour objective test. After that a long wait of 2 hours for the result. After clearing the written test. We have to do a long wait of 3 hours, and at 5 PM they said that Panels are not available , we will call you on any week day, there is no call after that.
    3. They spoils the whole Saturday.

IT Contractor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Hiring might be for one site then that site moves to another. I worked in three NE locations. My seat was then relocated to North Carolina. Told I could go to RI and ended up in NH while working in MA

Usually pretty smooth.

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

it went for 3 rounds
    1.Techincal interview
    2.behavioral interview
    3. HR
    techinical is mostly based on my resume and all the projects which are easy
    behavioral they give you certain examples so they will see how you are going to overcome the problems in it
    HR is general questions interests, likes etc

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later. Set up a phone screen a few days later. Educated me about the company and what the position is all about. Be ready to be on the phone 90-100 percent of the time during your employment..... I was not up to this type of work.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the financial services industry?

Give me an example when you went above and beyond in customer service.

Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithfield, RI (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through the internal job search engine as I am a current employee. First recieved a call for screening my resume which is a pre HR screening but as I was also recommended I skipped the actual HR interview and was given the direct phone interview with on of the key team member.

Took about 2 weeks to bring me in for a face-to-face interview with 4 interviewers. The interview went excellent! I was extended the offer next morning.

I negotiated and was offered a substential pay bump as this was a team lead role also they were aware I have other offer of the table.

Interview Questions
    • Design a entire library system for a university and how will you go about analysing it.   Answer Question
    Straightforward. I asked a pay raise based on my skill set. They immediately came back with a much better offer.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The people seemed to really enjoy working for the company. They were very knowledgable on the training process as well as the advancement and promotion process. they made me excited about the company and made their training program seem awesome

Interview Questions
    • Slight Role play scenario, asking what I would do in situation with disgruntled customer.   Answer Question
    They did not seem to be open to negotiations

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Standard process beginning with a phone screening, moving to a phone interview, and finally an on-site half-day interview with 4 team members. After my on-site interviews, I was asked to do one follow-up phone call with the hiring manager. The offer letter came a few days after that. In all phases of the process, the interview questions were primarily behavioral and resume-focused. I enjoyed the process overall.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflicting priorities in a working environment?   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2015.

I applied for the position in September and got a request for an interview in December, so that process took awhile, but once I scheduled the phone interview -- things moved much more quickly. At first, I spoke with a staffing consultant (Tiffany) and all we talked about was what I needed from the internship and what I would like to do. She told me that it may take a couple weeks to find a hiring manager who thinks they can fit my needs, but I ended up being chosen by the Information Security team to be interviewed within an hour. I scheduled a second interview with the IS guy that Monday, nailed it, and was offered the job 10 minutes about the second interview was over.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were expected, but I guess the hardest would've been what I wanted to get out of the internship. Not because it was a hard question, but because there were dozens of things I wanted out of it.   Answer Question