Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.9

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Interview process was very standard. Interview basically asked questions regarding your resume. He went through the list one by one. Was not very difficult. The only difficult part was when he gives you a scenario and asks you what you would do in in that case.

Visual Design Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

A friend and current employee of Fidelity notified me of an open design position, so I jumped on it right away and sent her my resume and portfolio samples. Soon after, I got a call from someone in HR to set up an interview - he was very nice to work with through the process; very helpful and understanding, and answered all my questions and concerns along the way.

Coming from a creative background, Fidelity initially seemed like an unlikely place for me to work. But my friend who is also a designer at Fidelity said she would not have recommended the position if she didn't feel like it was a good fit. And she was right!

I met with 2 people in my first interview: my soon-to-be-manager, and another person who is a creative director of a different department. My manager and I hit it off pretty quickly, and I was pleasantly surprised that she was very focused on who I was as a person, as well as my professional background. I had prepared myself for a stiff interview environment, but that was not the case at all.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest question I was asked was to choose 1 project to talk about in the interview. Having a portfolio that reflected 16 years of work, that was a challenging request to narrow this down.   View Answer
    I was initially offered a slightly lower salary than I was hoping, so I communicated that, and they proposed a counter-offer which I was pleased with. The process was smooth and painless.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Applied via referral online. Heard back within a few days for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral based questions. They were looking for specific examples of experience (primarily those relating to customer service) that displayed the basic skills required for the job (leadership, team-work, diligence, etc.). At the end of the phone interview was asked to come in to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 managers. Still in the interview process

Interview Questions
    • What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in.

After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions.

Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging.

We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation.

I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for...

Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas?

How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity?

Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.
        Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Two phone, one in person. The first two calls are to make sure you can speak coherently over the phone, since all client interactions are done over the phone. If you pass, you then have an in person interview on a super day with two managers. Two on one.

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2011.

call with hr and multiple folks on the business and legal departments. the hr interview was completely meaningless. there were no hard questions asked and it was mostly based on personality fit

moving expenses

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

First round consisted of an Aptitude Test having 3 sections- Quants(25), Logical Reasoning(20) and Verbals(18). You had to chose the post you were applying for out of Quality Assurance, Software Developer and Techincal and Infrastructure Engineering.

Out of 275 candidates, 50 were chosen for the next round.
    Second round was Technical and HR interviews. Both were CV based.

Selected candidates had another HR/Stress interview.
    Overall 15 candidates got placed.

Interview Questions
    • The Interviewer kept asking questions about Java and Unix systems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

The process began with students appearing for an aptitude test conducted by aspiring minds...
    shortlisted students underwent 3 rounds of interview process... 2 technical 1 hr... the first tech was more of hr...

Interview Questions
    • He asked me if you are the only person left in the team and you have a deadline of submitting your work by tomorrow morning... how would you make sure you get it done?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

This company expects 4 interviews in the San Francisco office, then you are flown to Boston for 4-5 more and to meet the President. First there is an interview with HR, then a very professional email communication about scheduling a 1:1 with who you would work for . Mine was scheduled for 7:30 am my time which was pretty darn early . But the real agony was yet to come on the afternoon on interviews in the SF office .

Interview Questions
    • If you found yourself overwhelmed with a project what would you do?   View Answer
    • Do you have a family   View Answer

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Initial Phone Screening, Hour-long Phone Interview, Two-hour In-Person Interview. For the In-person interview you have a presentation about the company and position, q&a, a brief look at where the position is located in the building, followed by an hour-long interview with two of your prospective managers.

Interview Questions
    • Was there anything you wanted to tell us about yourself that you didn't have the opportunity to tell us so far in the interview?   Answer Question