Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.9

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Campus recruiting. We had 1.5 hrs interactive ppt where we learnt about company's prospect.They came for 3 profiles. We had 4 rounds. 1st round was aptitude-AMCAT. Basic math,logical and verbal questions. Then there was behavioural round. It was just to know about the candidate. Then there was a tech interview. they asked mainly about projects,basic questions on c,c++ ( for qa,developer ).
    Finally there was 1 hr round which was just a formality.
    Overall easy interview with friendly team of fidelity.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on linux commands for infrastructure profile   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Written Round - Aptitude round- adaptive test(AMCAT)- verbal+logical+aptitude- Easy questions, pretty doable. No negative marking

Tech Round 1- Basic technical questions based on resume, need to be very clear on C,OOP concepts,DBMS, DSA.

Tech+ HR round 2- Projects, plus basic HR questions, need to know well about the company- Why Fidelity?, Next 5 year plan, why not other companies, Higher education plans etc

Behavioral/HR round- Again more on the company, reasons for going into investments, about SDLC, strengths,weaknesses, team work etc

Location offered- Chennai/Bangalore
    Position- Software Engineer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

I applied thru the fidelity site. The day after I received a call, she was pretty straightforward about the position, the salary, the benefits, etc; she went over everything very thoroughly. I mentioned that I know somebody in the West Coast offices so she asked me to get the name. A day after I called her and gave her the name. During the interview i was asked the typical questions, if I follow the stock, why the company, etc. Now I'm waiting for the second interview, which is going to be a behavioral interview, so i have to do my homework about the company, series 7 and 63.

Interview Questions
    I'm waiting for the behavioral interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went through 4 rounds, 1) 75 objective questions 2) f2f with project manager (took around 30 minutes) 3) interview with a technical panel 4) Project Director, where he only spoke about the work culture, expectations, asked about my expectations from Fidelity. It lasted for approx. 40 minutes. As the day was almost over, the HR asked me if he can call me on Monday for further discussions. They didn't call and I didn't feel the need to contact them.

The interview questions were pretty basic and easy to answer.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

Fidelity made things fairly easy. I had an up-front call with a recruiter, a screener/get-to-know-you call with a UX manager, and then one round of interviews for a long-term contract position. I met with about 6 people over 3 hours, did a quick portfolio review, nothing too tough. People were friendly, passionate about their work, and all in all a lot more personable and interesting than, frankly, I expected from a very technical team inside a big financial institution.

Interview Questions
    • How are you with information visualization and big data? Unexpected because there was no mention of it in the job posting.   View Answer

Graduate Trainee Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

There were 4 rounds in total. The first was a online aptitude test. The Level was medium. Around 30-40 students were shortlisted from about 500 students.

Then we had 3 rounds of interviews, they were supposed to be technical, Behavorial and HR. But 2 of them asked me both technical and HR questions. And one was pure HR.

Questions were mainly focused on projects.. from questions like why did you choose this language, what did you learn from team mates to questions about the technologies used.Basics of OOPS/DS were also asked.

They were taking the interviews one after the other, some were asked to leave after giving only 1 or 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why fidelity and not a core IT company like cognizant, since you have been already placed there?   View Answer
    No Negotiation

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

2 phone interviews by HR, 1 in person with team managers. Very cool setup of in person interview. Group interview modernized; do a presentation/tour with the group, then interview alone with two managers. Got to tour the facility with 2 employees (that have been or currently in the position applying for) that were not connected to the hiring process. Were able to ask any questions or relay concerns. Very easy to get answers.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for these positions.

LEAP Program Interview

Met with a recruiter during a campus job fair and was referred for an on-campus interview the following morning.

The process consisted of three one-on-one interviews that each lasted around 30 mins. The interviewers were all very friendly and mostly asked behavioral and resume-based questions.

Overall, it was a positive experience, though I did not make it to the next interview stage.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds and was completed in 1 day.First was a written aptitude round( Quantitative Aptitude+Logical Reasoning+Verbal Ability) followed by a behavioral(kind of a HR round) and a technical round(As i am an ece student, interviewer dint go very deep into coding, simple conceptual questions on oops concepts were asked).Finally, the process ended with a HR Round. Interviewers were friendly and helpful throughout the process.

Management Consultant, Strategy Group Interview

Fidelity Business Consulting (aka FBC), the internal strategy group, follows a standard on campus recruiting timeline for MBA students.

WHAT THEY WANT: They are looking for MBA students who want to have financial services domain knowledge and an operating role in Fidelity as a mid-term career objective. Finance industry experience is a plus but it is not a requirement. Many successful candidates say that prior experience in people / project management has helped. What you must have is a consulting toolkit, business acumen, and problem solving orientation.

RESUME REVIEW: Make sure your resume shows problem solving/ analytical experience, strategy experience, financial services background (if you have one) or interest, and leadership/ personal Initiative.

INTERVIEWS: In the first round, they usually do two interviews (one with a Director or Management Consultant and one with a VP). Be prepared for case interviews, fit interviews, and the occasional brain teaser.

In behavioral interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Personal Impact, Communication, Cultural Fit, Leadership/ Initiative, and Financial Services Interest/ Expertise. In case interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Problem Structuring, Conceptual Thinking, and Quantitative Skills.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the VPs tend to throw you brain teasers to see how you react and reason. These can be difficult but it's no different than what the big consulting firms do.   Answer Question