Fidelity Investments Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
588 interviews

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

Applied online and got a call requesting a phone dialogue. The first round was purely informational, and the second was an interview a week or two later with someone (I think from HR?). Very straightforward process, and they do make it clear it's a call center job. They're upfront about salary and the nature of the position, which is refreshing.

Graduate Trainee Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Three rounds of interview. mainly. Aptitude, technical and HR round. Asked the basic level questions for graduate trainee engineer. That was an quite good and ok for the freshers. Everything will finish within the time period.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Straight forward behavioral interview. Discussed financial knowledge and job description and my past experience and how it related. The interview was rather quick and was not technical whatsoever. I believed the interview was to get a sense of my financial background and past internship experience.

Financial Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

What I experience:

First, an informational call with description of job responsibilities to see if you are a good fit. Second, I had an phone interview with one of the HR workers, and after the same interview I was invited to come in to meet with the managers on site. Then after the face-to-face interview with in a day I got the call for an offer. Not took long for everything, if anything I made the process longer because I was interested in different locations.

Interview Questions
    • All straight forward situational questions. Just try to tell stories that about your personal goals, education, and work experience that relate to Fidelity's values/job requirements . Customer service excellence is HUGE!   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Entry level.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Covington, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

2 telephone interviews with HR and recruiter. One on one in person interview with 2 department managers. The 3rd interview begins with an overview of the company, the site and the position you are applying for. After the overview is the actual interview, with 2 hiring managers

Interview Questions
    Know the culture of the site and the company. Be prepared. This is an entry level position with many opportunities for growth. You are receiving paid training, and this is a phone job.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2013.

Hiring process was quick. I received a phone call a few days after I applied and I was scheduled for a phone interview. 2 days later I was scheduled for on-site interview.

no negotiation

Their decision is based off 1 interview. I was told a decision was to be made 3 weeks after my interview (I was one of the earliest interviews behind another week of others). The interview was very relaxed and casual. Often during the interview the conversation would drift in another topic. If you list interests and hobbies, be prepared to elaborate on them. The interview lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Could you explain your experiences with __________?
      3. Why this position?
      4. You have listed ______ as an interest/hobby/activity, could you please elaborate?
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

One round of technical interview and one Hr round for negotiation. Easy to crack. Technical interview will be more on basics and your hand son experience in last company. Be sure to be confident in the interview. They like confident people to have on board.

Senior Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2012.

Lady had a negative attitude when interviewing for an audit position. Didn't seem to care at all about my resume; seemed to be in a hurry and not interested whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you applying to finance jobs if you're a finance major?   View Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrimack, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2014.

You are greeted by two people in HR that take you on a tour of the campus. Bring your resume because they take two copies to give to the managers that will be interviewing you. You learn about the company and then get taken to another room to do your interview with two managers. After that you are taken to another room to take a critical thinking test. Got a call later that day to inform me how the interview went.

Interview Questions
    • One of the managers asked if I would recommend he go to Harvard or Yale. He was looking to see how well I could ask questions to identify which one would better fit his situation.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was happy with the offer.