Fidelity Investments

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Two phone interviews. The first is pretty informal, they make sure you are aware that the position is a call center position, and provide you with additional information about the job. There is a few basic questions about your previous experience.

Second phone interview is more formal. Many "Tell me about a situation when you encountered ---, and how did you handle it. " Most of these are teamwork or customer service oriented.

A face to face interview may be given after this second phone interview

Financial Services Representative Interview

They first start with a phone interview and then if you make it through that they have you interview with other potential candidates in person. After your personal interview with 2 interviewers you take an assessment test to determine ability to pass the Series 7.

Purchasing/Sourcing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied on line. A few days later, I got a phone call and then had a one-on-one interview. Within two days, I got an email inviting me back for an evening "meet and greet" session, set for the next week, which consisted of many candidates and several interviewers all in a conference room at one time. Everyone could feel the discomfort in the atmosphere. It was awkward, to say the least. During the session, the interviewers assured us someone would get back in touch with each of us by the end of the week (either way) and they did not do so. I happened to know a couple people who were also there as candidates and they have told me they did not hear anything afterward, either. Honestly... I am not impressed by this style of "interviewing" and now I feel the company lacks integrity because they did not do what they said they would do.

Interview Questions
    • 1st interview = questions were standard behavioral questions.   View Answer

Actuarial Associate Interview

i had an interview for the actuarial associate with 2 interviewees. I do not think they are fully prepared. They just asked me some basic resume staff, and they were done, maybe because they are not interested in me. I think they expect you to talk about your exam preparation process and how you are preparing for the coming one.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Phone screening first, then on site 1:1 interview with 3+ people. Some detail technical questions, But more is about past experiences, such as what was most challenging issue you have ever faced, how did you work on it, what did you like most in your past job, etc

Financial Representative Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online. I had someone call me for a phone screening with basic questions for about 15 minutes. Scheduled a phone interview a week later that lasted a hour. They were mostly customer service related questions and things from past experiences. Interviewer said she would call back in a few weeks to schedule a onsite tour and interview with managers. A group of 10-12 people toured the facility and took some type of personality test and then met with a manager and a supervisor for individual interviews. Same questions were asked on the phone interview. I thought it was a standard process. Hired next day

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Applied for position online, then a person from HR conducted an exploritory phone interview. This was followed by a second technical phone interview, then a face to face interview which comprised of two parts, technical test - javascript, css, java questions from two programmers via videolink, followed by a compotentancy test using the STAR format. This was followed by a final HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Try catch blocks in java, although i was interviewing for a javascript developer role, they noticed i created an android application and asked me general knowledge questions on java   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

2 stage process.

1) Phone interview with HR for behavioral

2) Face to face interview with additional behavioral questions

Followed by standard drug test.

Standard interview questions with few curveballs. Mostly interested on your personality and how your react to behavioral questions. Was given a few role play scenarios, customer was angry etc.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to get someone to do something they didn't want to?   Answer Question

Financial Associate II-Health & Welfare Interview

There will be a least two interviews and one of those will include two or more managers depending on the role. The interview will consist of one manager asking the questions while the other just observes and takes notes.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? Explain how you would handle a difficult interaction with a customer.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

First got a call from a national recruiter who simply went over my resume with me and talked about my experience, asked a few "easy" questions and set expectations about the job. Set up a second call with another HR person (this time local) who asked a lot of situational questions. They're looking for a lot of examples of how you provided excellent customer service. This job after-all is a glorified call center rep! Your dream job...

After that I got called in for an interview. Probably about 8 other applicants. Took us into a room and talked about the company in a power point presentation! (waste of time). They pause during it and ask you dumb questions during the power point such as "What do get from that?" mostly wanting to hear you say some B.S. about how awesome the company sounds.

Then each of us were paired off with 2 managers.(A poor method of interviewing) They again ask situational questions, nothing too difficult. Just have customer service examples. After that, they take you to take a test. (another waste of time.)

After that, they will call you within 3 days telling you if you got the job. If you didn't get the job they will give you some poor excuse as to why. Out of 50 that they interviewed that day, they hired 3...

Make sure that you have a degree that they want. I went in with a business degree but they gave the excuse that I did not have financial experience. This is a disconnect in HR. If HR does not think I will be a good candidate, then they should not have put me through to the interviewing process in the first place.