Fidelity Investments

514 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Representative Interview

Covington, KY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Was contacted by recruiter, who I then had a phone interview with. I then went to a group interview where we took a tour and sat through and informational session. We then split of into individual interviews and then took a critical think test. I was contacted within a week.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of customer service questions.   Answer Question

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Westlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Two interviews. The first was with HR. Must submit a credit screening. The second was with managers on the floor where you will be working. Standard interview questions "give me an example of..."

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, just know how to standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Fund Accounting Interview

Westlake, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2013.

Interview Details You will be contacted by HR after you submitted resume in a week. First is a simple phone interview for about 10 mins. Secondly, if you are selected, you will be scheduled an interview with 2 interviewers, each for 30 mins. Most questions are behavior. But if you got a tough interviewer, be prepared to answer some financial questions.

Interview Question – What is the Dow J for yesterday?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Time conflict with class

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details Technical interview followed by Personal interview

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

Software Engineer/Developer
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details Four rounds of interviewing:

1. HR Interview: General stuff. Why are you looking for a job and questions like that.
2. Phone interview with my manager: Technical overview. Some tricky questions, but overall the medium of difficulty would be medium
3. Onsite Interview: The whole team interviewed me so there were 8 interviewers in all. Resume related questions, 1 case study, some quick technical brush-up

Interview Question – Business case regarding the current job. Analyzing a 50 page case in less than 10 mins.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but the benefits sold me.

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details I have moved through 2 interviews so far, both on the phone. The next is in person. expect the s.t.a.r. method of interviewing.

Interview Question – provide a time when you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Cary, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and within two weeks received an email wanting to setup a phone interview. This was rather general in nature. Questions were why are you leaving and why do you want to work here, what do you do at work, and other generic questions. Also, I was given details about the company and how its structured, A day or two later I received another email that now I would need to do another phone interview, this time with the hiring manager and another individual who I think may have been a department lead/director. This interview was technical in nature discussing technologies that i have experience with. Projects and specific accomplishments. we also talk about what their goals were and spoke technically about how I could fit into help them accomplish that. I think the interview went well and Im sure the interviewers would agree. However, based on some of the discussions that we had, think we it became obvious that this position was probably not the right position for me at this time. A day or two after the interview I got a call back from the recruiter with feed back from the interviewers. The process was very pleasant and I admire the communication throughout the whole thing.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult in nature   Answer Question

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details The process took a total of 4 weeks. I had a phone interview that was pretty simple, they asked a lot of behavioral questions and a few technical questions. I was able to be myself and the person who interviewed me had a great sense of humor. A week later I was called in for a face to face interview. I interviewed with 3 different managers, a total of 1 hr 30 min. The questions were pretty intense, specially the technical questions. After the interviews, they took 3 weeks to contact me. I was pretty upset thinking I didn't get the job but they offered me a position!

Interview Question – In SQL, what is distinct?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate, really good starting salary to be fresh out of college.

Investor Center Intern Interview

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details Asked about my personal experience and major.

Was referred to branch managers later.

Interview Question – Who do you know here?   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Intern Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied via school career site, followed by a phone interview, and a super day in Boston. The super day consisted of 6 back to back 30 minute interviews. I wasn't asked too technical of questions - the employer just wants to see your thought process.

Interview Question – How would you determine the PV of the Mona Lisa?
Pitch a stock.