Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate I Interview

Customer Service Associate I
Albuquerque, NM (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2010.

Interview Details They do a background check, phone interview, and you physical interview allows for a site introduction and interview with three managers. They have security and you have to sign in with them and get a visitor badge. Oh and the facility is out in the middle of nowhere.

Interview Question – Ask what a typical day is like for a customer associate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed.

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Interview process was very simple:
First round was technical skill based round taken by 2 interviewers on the skill
Then they gave a case study to solve.
Once cleared there is a HR/hiring round. HR round is basically to discuss your profile and salary discussion.

Interview Question – Case study was good   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details Had one call from vendor of fidelity and then had one interview with fidelity project manager. Vendor call was asking details about my current project and past experience . Client interview was with manager and developers. Many behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Question – What kind of work culture do u like,
Do u like to be consultant or full time
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job is on contract. So no negotiations with client

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in March 2010.

Interview Details I was contacted about having a phone interview, then after that I went on site for a interview. We met in a group for the first hour and they told us about the company and then we split off and were interviewed.

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Corporate Finance Intern
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

Interview Details First interview was about 30 mins, all behavioral, and conducted on campus. Received a call a few days later for on site interviews. Second round was two separate interviews conducted in a room with 12 others applying for the same internship. Never received any communication after that.

Interview Question – No questions throughout the process were non behavioral, so no question was particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Defined Contributions Representative II Interview

Defined Contributions Representative II
Durham, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2013.

Interview Details Communication started with phone call to send information to my email address. I was contacted several times bystaffing consultants. had a quick interview initially that seemed more like an introduction, lasted maybe 15 minutes. I was told I would be contacted within a week for a follow up interview. the second and final interview was a 2:1 with two managers. The interview didn't last longer than 30 minutes and I followed up with questions for the last 20 minutes.

Interview Question – There were mostly Tell me about a time... or Give me an example of... type of questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was not a negotiation phase

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details The interview process was long, but also very quick. First a 45 minute phone screen with the hiring manager, then shortly afterwards a flight up to Boston to interview with 5 more people. They weren't direct flights, with short connectors which caused some undue stress on the way up, but when I landed there was a car to take me to the office for the interviews. First hour over lunch with hiring manager and her manager, 2nd with a VP of the group, 3rd with the Sr. VP of the group (which was cut very short), and last was with another VP in the group. After that they drove me back to the airport and I got back on the plane home. Offer was in my email a few days later, and I started a month or so after that. There were a lot of people, but at the time that is how Fidelity was structured - VERY top heavy. It has since been reduced a bit, but every interview gave a chance to look further into the organization which was EXTREMELY beneficial if you know how to ask the right questions.

Interview Question – I have a mess on my hands, why do you think you can fix it since no one else has been able to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quick and very fair.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Associate Software Engineer Developer
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

Interview Details I became a technical intern through the college recruiters for the program the summer of 2012. Applied for the LEAP program once I was a technical intern. The process was laid back and they are usually more partial to interns getting into the program than outside students.

Interview Question – Asked me to write PL/SQL, JAVA, and C#   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

Marketing/Advertising Specialist Interview

Marketing/Advertising Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Interview Details Took a very long time to hear back between interviews. Phone and 1st in person went very well and I expected next level to be final and get offer. Took over a month to hear back that they started over and kept looking after more thought about position/client.

Interview Question – High level interview that felt very superficial, no difficult or in depth questions.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Durham, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

Interview Details There were almost no technical skill questions asked.. The process mostly glossed over my resume and asked about previous work experience.
They appeared to be more interested in how you would fit into the company culture and less concerned about what you could do for them.

Interview Question – I was presented with an odd question about firing all of the desktop support staff and replacing them with contractors.   View Answer