Fidelity Investments

Updated 27 Jan 2015
Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.9

LEAP Prorgram Interview

First Interview was at City West where I had two interviews back to back. Two Senior Technology saff were present for each interview. the interview were 85% behavioural, but I was asked technical questions at the end - I was asked OOP questions, Java, SQL, and UNIX. The interviewers were very friendly. Just like having a chat.

Second round was a HR interview for 30mins. More behavioural stuff.

Didn't haggle.

Financial Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Prompt response to my application, which was nice. Initial interview was over the phone for 45 minutes. Nicely done with relevant questions about my current and past work, what I like about the Fidelity position and company; only a few challenging questions: tell me about a time when... The interviewer was clear that the position was entry level and had expectations of completing Series 7 and 66 exams. She said the salary would be $35K with possible bonuses, and this was non-negotiable. She said she wanted to offer me another interview - this one to be on-site with the organization. She prepared me with their possible questions and offered helpful feedback for how to answer thos questions. Due to this, I felt at ease going into the second interview. The second interview: I was in a group of 8 who were ushered into a conference room and introduced to the company by two men who shared their positions and career paths to date. We watched a power point presentation about Fidelity and then were taken as individuals to be interviewed. I was interviewed by two other men who put me at ease and tag-teamed their questions. That part lasted about 35 minutes. They wanted to know what I knew about the company and why I wanted to work for Fidelity. They also asked if I knew about the Series 7 and 66 exams. They answered my questions and led me to think the interview went well and their next step was to meet with the other interviewers and "fight for me" as a new hire. I havent heard yet whether I will be extended an offer. They said it would be up to 2 weeks. It's been 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Are you open to receiving feedback about your work and making immediate adjustments?   View Answer

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

1. Initial screening call (laying out job description, hours, benefits, the basics) 2. Hour long behavioral interview (Tell me what your loved about your last job, tell me about a time when you displayed excellent customer service, tell me about a time you had a conversation with someone that led to a solution, give me an important characteristic of teamwork, and an example that demonstrates that quality). 3. In person interview (presentation to group of candidates, tour, one-on-one interview with two hiring managers where they essentially ask same questions as phone interview--the only extra questions I remember were how would you handle a tough customer, and what do you foresee being your biggest challenge transitioning into this role and then finally a easy cognitive test).

Interview Questions
    • What do you think will be your biggest challenge in this new role?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

A bright, talented and self-motivated Systems/Business analyst, who has excellent organizational skills, is highly efficient and has a good eye for detail. Has extensive experience of assisting in the development and upgrading of database systems and analytical techniques. I am able to play a key role in analyzing problems and come up with creative solutions as well as producing methodologies and files for effective data management. I am a quick learner who can absorb new ideas and can communicate clearly and effectively.

Financial Representative Interview

This really depends who the branch manager is. My was definitely challenging because I knew relatively nothing about Investments, I just had an interest. At the end of the day, they want to make sure you're a hard worker, team oriented, friendly, care about helping clients, and learning about the industry.

LEAP Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Pretty easy and simple process overall. I was contacted on a Wednesday from a recruiter I had met at a career fair, had three onsite interviews that Friday, and had an offer in hand the next week. Great office, friendly people, pretty normal interview process.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation, they gave a really fair offer.

Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2014.

I first met the recruiter through an on-campus professional organization. They gave a recruiting presentation at one of our meetings. I contacted the recruiter days later. She set up a phone interview to discuss my work preference, skills, and resume. There was a long period of silence (~3 months) until she could match my profile with an open internship position. I was eventually matched with a Oracle ERP software development position. She contacted me and set up a interview for next week. I interviewed with the team head. The interview was quite short, about 20 minutes at most. I emailed the recruiter immediately after. She set up a phone call for later that afternoon. She extended an offer the very same day! At the time of writing I am set to sign the written offer at the start of 2015.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite simple, but I'll record everything for sake of completeness.
      - Walk me through what you have studied, and where you stand (i.e., are you a sophomore and what classes have you taken?)
      - Please explain your past work with Hadoop. (resume specific question)
      - What work have you done with SQL?
      - What drives you to work with Fidelity and this particular position?

Overall they were looking for enthusiasm rather than great technical prowess.

Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because they pay was very fair and my home is 20 minutes from the office so I have no living expenses. I simply clarified if the position was consistently 35-40 hour week with applicable overtime pay.

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2014.

I had 3 interviews. The first was a very basic phone interview asking what I knew about the company and why did I want to work for Fidelity. I enjoy investing and helping people and this is exactly what they wanted to hear. I was next scheduled for a 30 minute phone interview where I was warned that the majority of the questions would be behavioral and was given the advice to practice.

Next I had the 30 minute phone interview. I found it challenging because I was asked to give specific example after example of times I gathered information from a customer and helped them get exactly what they wanted even though it was different from what they first thought they wanted.

I was asked to recommend a restaurant to an out of town guest. I live in Cincinnati and recommended a very famous restaurant on the river named Montgomery Inn. I went into extensive detail about the history of the restaurant and the variety of food. I was then told I failed this question because I should of first asked the out of town guest what type of food and dining were they looking to experience. I was told overall I did good but keep in mind for the next interview Fidelity is all about the customer expierence and remember to site examples of when you gave the customer the opportunity to ask questions and listen before offering guidance.

For the 3rd interview I was brought onsite to Fidelity. The first hour was dedicated to a group presentation selling us on the Fidelity philosophy. It was even to agree with their philosophy of every decision is based on if only these 3 things are achieved. It must be good for the customer, the business and the employee. If one of those is missing we don't do it.

I was then interviewed by 2 employees for the next hour. They asked for a lot of examples of where I pulled a rabbit out of the hat in stressful situations with customers and coworkers. I was very practiced and prepared and gave example after example.

Side Note: I was offered the job and accepted. I was hired at the end of December and the job was to start at the end of Feb. I I passed a background check and a drug test. I was also told to schedule for fingerprinting. I had some difficulty scheduling the finger printing because I had already taken off work to do the interview. I was planning on doing the finger printing a couple weeks before the job started but I received and email in the middle of Jan that because I took so long to schedule fingerprinting I had fallen out of compliance and the offer was being taken away.

My only advice to the company is that they should have communicated a specific date that fingerprinting needed to be completed. I did drag my feet on the finger printing but was never given an indication it would cost me the position by not having completed by a certain date.

Interview Questions
    • When did you help someone who they wanted one thing but it turned out they were really asking for something different?   Answer Question
    Get your fingerprinting and drug test done immediately.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Gave my resume to a representative at a career fair. Was contacted several weeks later for a phone interview. Very friendly. Simple screening process. No technical questions. No positions were available in my location. Overall a very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just simple questions about relevant projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2014.

Excellent experience overall and the people were great! Felt respected throughout entire process. Beacuse of Christmas and new year vacation took process long time around 20 days. In the interview asked about all Advanced questions and logical scenario based question on technologies HTML5, JavaScript and BackboneJS.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't expected that total 4 to 5 rounds for the full interview process.   Answer Question