Fifth Third

Updated 14 Jan 2015
Updated 14 Jan 2015

2.6

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Behavioral interviewing based on competencies for the position. Screened by recruiter then had interviews with different managers you would be working with and then additional interviews with other HR members.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in taking a lesser position than what you currently have?   Answer Question
    somewhat flexible

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wadsworth, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wadsworth, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fifth Third in January 2015.

Interview pretty detailed. A lot of scenario questions. Interview took an hour. Basic questions like best and worst qualities about myself. Name a time when I had good customer service? Name a time when I had an irrational customer!

Default and Servicing Manager Interview

It took ovr a month for them to contact me back. The position had been posted for months. It seemed just to have a selection of candates I was called to interview because the person was pre-selected already

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel we shld hire you.
      Asked situational questions
      tell me about a time you dealt with an irrate customer

Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third.

Phone interview then in person interview. The people I spoke with were very professional and were very straight forward in the questions and provided good answers to my questions

Interview Questions

decided to stay where I was at

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed with my branch manager. The interview had some pretty standard questions, such as "give me a time when you had to be a team leader" "Explain a time that you faced hardship in one of your previous jobs" etc. My branchmanager has a really great personality and made the interview fun and no pressure.

Interview Questions
    • "why do you want to work for 5/3? What makes us stand out from the rest?"   Answer Question
    no negotiation. Standard CSR pay.

Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fifth Third.

The day before the interview, they set up a "meet and greet" so you could meet everyone who was interviewing and getting interviewed. The actual interview was pretty short, and just basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected. all just basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst I Interview

Had a phone interview with two people from the model risk management unit. They are very nice and kind. They briefly introduced me what the duties of the team are and the difference between their jobs and the ones people usually think of. They asked me a few questions about my background and only a tiny amount of technical questions. Basically, the whole interview is more like a chat.

Intern Interview

The interview process is broken down into two stages: an on-campus interview and a second round interview day at their corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. Both rounds consist of mostly behavioral-based questions. The second round contains some technical questions, but is still mostly behavioral-based. Overall, the process was relatively quick and not incredibly challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the process behind valuing various potential investments the bank could make?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fifth Third in November 2014.

I applied online for the position a few months ago. About 3 weeks ago i received an e-mail from a fifth third recruiter. She requested that I fill out a brief questionnaire. Evidently she liked my answers, because the next day i did the phone interview... At the end of the interview she said that another woman would be in contact with me to schedule me for my in-person interview.. After a few weeks of not hearing from anyone, I assumed I had not been chosen. I then received the same e-mail again from the same recruiter, so I re sent the questionnaire with the same answers i had sent previously. She then called me and tried to do the interview again and I told her I had already spoken to her.. She apologized profusely and told me that the second recruiter would call to set up my interview. The next day I scheduled my in person interview. Since the branch I would be working at had not yet found a replacement manager, I interviewed at a different location.. Very standard questions, mostly behavior based. The interviewer did most of the talking. The next day I got a call from the second recruiter saying that the new manager of the branch I applied for would like to meet with me. I interviewed with her yesterday, and got a call yesterday with a job offer. Both interviews were very laid back, and both managers were very friendly and made me feel at ease right away.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for fifth third?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate as I have no teller experience and I thought the offer was fair.

Finance and Accounting Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fifth Third in October 2014.

I networked with a grad from my school and went straight to the super day in Cincinnati at their headquarters. I had two one on one interviews which were just basic behavioral going over my resume. We had two panel sessions as well. The first is just with the current FALP employees and the second is with employees in different areas of the company. It seemed to go well.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just the basics. Why do you want to work for Fifth Third?   Answer Question