First Investors Corporation Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.0

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Cleveland, OH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First part of the interview was in a room with three other people. Manager talked for about an hour about the company and our role, it's history and what to expect. Also he emphasized about how they were part of the community and very old fashioned and went door to door. Then took us in for a 5 minute interview. Was called in for a second interview and ask to bring a list with first 10 potential clients.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Long interview process but easy questions. One phone interview with basic questions then a group interview with a presentation about the company and a one on one. Be prepared to answer interview questions and be persuasive. They will ask for a business/marketing plan.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Two interview process, group then one-on-one. First interview is basically just a presentation on basic stuff, such as company history/locations, etc. You come back the next day for a quick one-on-one interview where they ask you basic, easy questions.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you, how would you get new clients, basic stuff   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Met the office manager and a representative at a career fair for my school. Based on my experience and ability to communicate well I was contacted to interview at the office. The first round was about an hour of reviewing the company and basically developing a positive image in your mind about them, a half hour of a group interview and about a half hour of one on one interviews. The company overview basically reviews their history, what they do, and how much they care about integrity, when in turn the basis of their business could be seen as aggressive and tactical. There were a few other people in the room and we were asked questions about our personality to which we all answered one by one, probably to prove how you can communicate with others watching you. Then there was a one on one interview with a rep, where they talk about your work experience and how the lessons learned there can apply to what is required at FI. The second round was structured the exact same way but with different people, and instead of a company overview they went over how you were compensated, which for anyone can be a deal breaker as pay is extremely low, to the point of near poverty until you are able to build a client base. What I got was that the fear of poverty and not being able to eat or afford living is your initial motivation to go out and make deals in the first 9 months.

Interview Questions

• What would be your marketing plan in the scenario that you lost all of your current friends, associates, and connections?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

was recruited at a job fair on campus. First was a telephone interview followed by an in person interview. Both interviews were standard. Need to show strong interest in financial markets and wealth management.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Scheduled an interview at an information session then met with them for a two part interview. The first interview was just a screening to see if you'd be a good fit. The second interview they asked for a marketing plan and asked interview questions from a question sheet they gave you beforehand.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

I got a phone call from the office in Houston. I went for the interview. It took about 45 mins. They asked me just normal interview question nothing hard. At the end I was asked for a second interview.

Registered Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Submitted an application online
    Heard back in 2 weeks
    Came in for group interview which is not much of an interview. They pitch you on the company the whole time, ask about your involvements and what makes you qualified
    Interview lasted about an hour and a half. Met one on one with a manager for a 5 minute meeting after the group interview/info session. Got invited back after 3 basic qualification questions.
    Second interview was easy. Offered me the position within 15 minutes. Never had any curveballs. Really nice people interviewing!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Unknown Interview

Application

Interview

Was basic, as everyone else described I was told to come in for a group interview after a phone interview in which they told me what the position would entail.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Interview

Received a phone call for an interview of which I do not recall applying for, but with the "I need a job , any job jitters" I agreed to an interview. Like everyone else described I was told to come in the following Tuesday for a group interview. After reading up on the company and position I opted out of the gig because with a new born I would not be able to commit the time required especially to a position I had no passion for (finance). Not to mention I did not have the money required to pay down on a licence for a position I have no interest in (finance)

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested in a position with us?   1 Answer