First Investors Corporation

Updated 12 Feb 2015
Updated 12 Feb 2015

1.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Met the office manager and a representative at a career fair for my school. Based on my experience and ability to communicate well I was contacted to interview at the office. The first round was about an hour of reviewing the company and basically developing a positive image in your mind about them, a half hour of a group interview and about a half hour of one on one interviews. The company overview basically reviews their history, what they do, and how much they care about integrity, when in turn the basis of their business could be seen as aggressive and tactical. There were a few other people in the room and we were asked questions about our personality to which we all answered one by one, probably to prove how you can communicate with others watching you. Then there was a one on one interview with a rep, where they talk about your work experience and how the lessons learned there can apply to what is required at FI. The second round was structured the exact same way but with different people, and instead of a company overview they went over how you were compensated, which for anyone can be a deal breaker as pay is extremely low, to the point of near poverty until you are able to build a client base. What I got was that the fear of poverty and not being able to eat or afford living is your initial motivation to go out and make deals in the first 9 months.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your marketing plan in the scenario that you lost all of your current friends, associates, and connections?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

was recruited at a job fair on campus. First was a telephone interview followed by an in person interview. Both interviews were standard. Need to show strong interest in financial markets and wealth management.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation.

I got a phone call from the office in Houston. I went for the interview. It took about 45 mins. They asked me just normal interview question nothing hard. At the end I was asked for a second interview.

Registered Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Submitted an application online
    Heard back in 2 weeks
    Came in for group interview which is not much of an interview. They pitch you on the company the whole time, ask about your involvements and what makes you qualified
    Interview lasted about an hour and a half. Met one on one with a manager for a 5 minute meeting after the group interview/info session. Got invited back after 3 basic qualification questions.
    Second interview was easy. Offered me the position within 15 minutes. Never had any curveballs. Really nice people interviewing!

No negotiation

Unknown Interview

Was basic, as everyone else described I was told to come in for a group interview after a phone interview in which they told me what the position would entail.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Received a phone call for an interview of which I do not recall applying for, but with the "I need a job , any job jitters" I agreed to an interview. Like everyone else described I was told to come in the following Tuesday for a group interview. After reading up on the company and position I opted out of the gig because with a new born I would not be able to commit the time required especially to a position I had no passion for (finance). Not to mention I did not have the money required to pay down on a licence for a position I have no interest in (finance)

Interview Questions
    • Are you still interested in a position with us?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in January 2015.

First a company sales presentation to a group of candidates, followed by a brief individual interview. Business plan and prospect list for homework. Interviewed by manager and potential future supervisor, not an ignorant HR person. Interviewer freely shared his 30+ experience with the company, was enthusiastic about company and genuinly interested in candidates. Questions and assignments made sense.

Interview Questions
    • asked to make a list of 100 friends with first name, first letter of last name, last 4 digit of phone number - enough to create a prospect list to call.   View Answer

I've got a family to feed, this job is for a 20-year old, living with parents.

Financial Services Representative Interview

First group Interview where they introduce you to the company and an overview of the job. Second interview, 1:1 with the Branch manager. Gives you a description of the job and asks questions about why you want to be in the industry and do this.

Interview Questions
    • Usual Questions. Show that you are interested in the position and willing to work a lot of hours to get the job done.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay a flat salary + Commissions based on the business you do.

Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Just act like you are interested and talk to other people in the waiting room because that is what they want to see... it will be a very important part of your job.

Interview Questions
    No you get $8 an hour plus time and a half for only ten hours regardless of how much you actually work so it averages to like 9 DPH minus taxes.

Financial Representative Interview

Friendly and easy. Started as group interview then invited for a solo interview. Company was inciting but upon further research I found it was a scam. Being a recent college grad, I'm glad I did my research and saved my time and money. No one wants to lose any money trying to attain a full-time position. Plus they didn't even offer benefits.