Fiserv

Getting the Interview

139 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details I only had one interview. It was with 4 managers and the managers' manager. I was sitting at a table with them all asking me questions. Generally they don't all do it at once and you usually talk to 2 or 3 seperately.

Interview Question – There is a lot of stress with this job. How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and I accepted. There probably isn't a whole lot of wiggle room in the negotiation. They offer and what you will get. They offer right at what others in the job are making.

Applications Developer Interview

Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fiserv in April 2014.

Interview Details total of three rounds
round1:
paragraph writing
round2:
group discussion
round 3:
online test of aptitude and c++ programming

Interview Question – c++ objective type questions very lengthy u get only 15 minutes which is very impractical   Answer Question

Technical IT Professional Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details Most candidates come from recruiters. Rarely from individuals. Similar to most companies. 3 step process. Screen resumes', phone interview, and in person interview.

Conduct an initial phone screen to verify qualifications and get a feel for the individual. The person must be a good fit personality wise as well as expertise. Second interview is in person. Decision is made and HR makes an offer. Little room for negotiations (WFH, salary, location, etc.).

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected for me. I did my homework and planned ahead. You're interview is by the team of engineers or other professionals you will be working with. You will be asked very specific questions to validate your knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some flexibility on WFH and location as long as it meets the business need. Some flexibility on salary. You are brought in within a specific salary range. There is a cap and they will not let you come in too high in the range.

Product Consultant Interview

West Des Moines, IA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2011.

Interview Details The overall hiring and interview process is tedious. It took over 6 months to get hired and I have seen this same time frame for many internal positions as well. The interviews seem like more of a formality than a true interview, but that is just my perception. Other than the length of time it was a fairly painless process.

Interview Question – As with every professional interview I have ever had, the hardest question is to list your weakness. In this interview I was asked not just for one weakness, but to of them with detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Keep in mind when evaluating offers that raises have been scarce the past few years.

Software Developer Engineer Interview

San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in March 2010.

Interview Details They make you a phone screening, if you got that they ask you to another interview where you have to complete a paper test. They analize your answers, if you pass the test they call you for two interviews more. One technical and another a lil bit behavioral.

Interview Question – They ask very much on your .Net knowledge. Specially on your C# and APSX knowledge.   Answer Question

Web UI Developer Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in February 2014.

Interview Details I got call from some consultancy and forwarded my resume to HR of the company. After 2 weeks I got call from HR of the company and she scheduled my telephonic interview for technical round. In this round technical guy asked me about whether I have any experience in html5 and I said NO. But still he said my profiles seems interesting and hence he is going to consider me for next round, till the time polish your html5 knowledge. That conversation tooks hardly 5 minutes, he did not asked my any question. I was like what !!!

After that I did not get any call from them, and I thought that I might get rejected, but on 8th or 9th day again I got call from HR and she asked me to come to their office for next technical F2F round. I went there and again that guy has not asked me any technical questions to me rather he was more interested to know about my past work experience and my past projects. He kept asking me questions on my past projects. He also asked my about web app performance tuning, how can you improve the performance, what standard practice you follow, how you manage your team. Then he told me one database related scenario and issues associated with and he asked my suggestion to solve those issues (this is completely irrelevant to job position to which I m interviewing ). This interview was not more focused on technical front. And at the end he told me that you have to go through one more round of technical interview with onsite person, which was scheduled after 4 days. I was very disappointed by both this interview.

After 4 days I got call from onsite technical guy, this interview was quite technical, the onsite guy was more intelligent than two Indian guys who took my previous interviews. Interview was OK but still I had no any hope to get selected.....but after 4 days I got call from HR and she said I have to go through one more round of interview with manager and this will be final round.

Next day I went there on time. The manager was of 45+ years of age. He gone through my resume and asked about reason behind job-switches (I had 3 job switches in 6 years, and this is very normal in India), percentages in my SSC, HSC, BE ( I have one year gap in BE), from where I completed my schooling, college and degree, my family background.

Then he asked very typical manager's question like -

1. How are you as a person in real and professional life?
2. What are your aspirations ?
3. Where you see after 5 years ?
4. Which things makes you angry in professional life ?
5. What are your strength ?
blah blah blah

He expected very typical answer, but my answer were very weird and he disappointed by that.

He was more concerned about my job switches and told me that its tough decision to choose person like me who already had multiple job switches. He asked me to wait for 10 mins and he want outside to discuss with few other people. After 10 min another guy came and took me to his cabin. He was also manager. He started very rudely with me.He also asked same questions which I was already answered to previous manager.

And Finally he said me to leave...... it was very big relief. Overall interview process took more than one months and 5 rounds, most of them focused on typical managerial questions of service sector company and not on technical front.

Interview Question – I would not say them difficult but useless questions:

1. How are you as a person in real and professional life?
2. What are your aspirations ?
3. Where you see after 5 years ?
4. Which things makes you angry in professional life ?
5. What are your strength ?
blah blah blah
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Rude behavior of managers.
Poor Infrastructure.
Very congested work desk.
Poor interview process (asking irrelevant questions)

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fiserv in June 2010.

Interview Details Normal Interview process

Interview Question – Written Test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are providing onsite opportunity

Human Resources Director Interview

Interviewed at Fiserv

Interview Details Was asked in twice to interview, interviewed with 5-6 people each time. The same questions were asked of me over and over. Then I never received any feedback from them. If their hiring practices are any indication of how it is to work at this company, I would stay away.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview Details Technical interview followed by Manager discussion

Interview Question – Interview difficulty level I would say was mediocre.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in August 2011.

Interview Details Got a call from some job agency. Then fiserv HR called and scheduled the telephonic interview with technical person. 2 rounds of Technical interview held each around 45 minutes long. Then after two three days had a 10 minutes manager round. Last was an HR round with salary negotiations.
Interview process was smooth. Each question was related to the position offered.

Negotiation Details – I got more than my expectation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fiserv

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!

Fiserv Videos

Fiserv – Why Work for Us?

Quick Facts Year founded: 1984 Headquarters: Brookfield, Wisconsin Locations: 155 worldwide Employees: Approximately 21,000 Revenue: $4.48 billion in 2012 Who We Are Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fiserv interview questions and advice. All 139 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Fiserv employees and interview candidates.