Fiserv Interview Questions

2.9

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Fiserv in July 2010.

Use recruiters mainly. Jobs are strangley worded so sometimes difficult to locate through search. Hiring process was elongated by travel of execs but that is not an issue. Slow contract receipt. Most of the interviews I had were more like a discussion rather than formally structured questions. I know certain people internally interview in a much more structured way though.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the financial services regulation in Singapore? (no mention of singapore in job description!)   View Answer
    Total around 2 weeks. Pretty limited but they did flex salary and benefits

Processor Interview

Phone interview then onsite interview. Everyone was very friendly. Questions were standard interview questions, not difficult to answer. I heard back within a week regarding their decision. Was offered the job but declined it.

Interview Questions

The pay was too low ($12/hr), and the hours were terrible (6 pm - 2:30 am).

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview cycle met expectations at first: email contact, two phone screens, and then half day of panel interviews with people from multiple teams and groups. Everyone was friendly and professional.

There seemed to be a lot left unsaid when it came time to answer my questions. Answers seemed to hang in the air--didn't sound "final." Probes didn't work as expected.

I got offered a job two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. I was a good match and had the requisite education, experience, and profile.   Answer Question
    Non-existent, since I didn't get an offer letter after I accepted the oral offer. If they canceled the position they hired me for before the first day, couldn't they have least told HR to call me and say so? If they didn't cancel it, why doesn't anyone answer my questions about the status of the job? , but FiServ never sent the paperwork. I was told "it's a little slow" so I waited and followed up every couple of weeks. The answer didn't change for six months.

If I didn't have the voicemail saved on my answering machine, I would have no record at all of getting an offer from them. Feels like a bad dream.

Intermediate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in May 2014.

I contacted fiserv by email and phone, and got 3 interviews into the process before they said no. :)

1st interview was with HR, we covered stuff like background, salary and what I was looking for.

2nd was a technical screening. I sat a written test covering programming fundamentals. I had 45 minutes to answer questions about stack and the heap, difference between reference types and value types, etc (can't remember most of the questions now!). Then I had a chat with two of their senior devs. They asked me to write a function and some unit tests for it. Then we talked briefly about my background and then at length about my previous project. I talked about the frameworks and libraries I used, and how I found them useful, etc. Some unique things we did, and challenges we overcame.

3rd interview was with a senior dev and the team manager. This interview didn't feel like a conversation (communication flowed in both directions in the previous interviews). I felt uncomfortable with the interviewer often asking questions using the last few words of my previous answer. I think I made a bad impression near the start, and I think I revealed too many of my ideas about productivity and maintaining development speed in all 3 interviews, which may have concerned them.

Interview Questions
    • you have one minute to impress me, start talking (or words to that effect)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

IT Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fiserv in September 2010.

Good questions. They seemed interested in every word I said and took mere very seriously. People were friendly and I enjoyed taking with them. Talked with a high executive and many other parts of the staff

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our company and the way we run?   View Answer

Customer Care Interview

typical questions that are not out of the ordinary. I was lucky and was asked for the position within a few hours. there was no negotiating the price. it was take it or leave it.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mary, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fiserv in June 2014.

First interviews went great I was the "man for the job", having a great deal of previous experience with the product in question. Took over a month to find out the position was not even approved. Baited/switched to interviewing for two other positions. Interviews went well, but division supervisor didn't even bother to show for last interview of day and left me sitting alone for 45 minutes. No one else bothered to check on me (as promised) in case there were issues. I walked out after the scheduled appointment time had elapsed.

When recruiters followed up with me, they had the nerve to suggest I consider another position that was available.

When the positions interviewed for require strict time management and communication components with the clients, and supervisory personnel do not even find it necessary to show up or communicate problems making an appointment in person or through others - big red flags.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Attended the interview for software developer staff position, very easy interview, interview was around 90 mins,
    was interviewed by four people, manager first, then two developers after that an architect in the end, they didn't ask many questions, only questions about HTML, front end, some simple questions in java and what are the different browsers used, mostly questions like did you work on this or did you work on that types.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Technical Test and 2 Technical Face 2 Face.
    In Technical Test There were 40 questions no negative marks.
    There was cut off whic was increasing rounds by rounds.
    Technical Test and 2 Technical Face 2 Face.
    In Technical Test There were 40 questions no negative marks.
    There was cut off whic was increasing rounds by rounds

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!