Fiserv

2.9

Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv in July 2010.

Use recruiters mainly. Jobs are strangley worded so sometimes difficult to locate through search. Hiring process was elongated by travel of execs but that is not an issue. Slow contract receipt. Most of the interviews I had were more like a discussion rather than formally structured questions. I know certain people internally interview in a much more structured way though.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think about the financial services regulation in Singapore? (no mention of singapore in job description!)   View Answer
    Total around 2 weeks. Pretty limited but they did flex salary and benefits

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv.

procedure included passage writing,group discussion,written test(aptitude + technical) followed by technical interview and hr interview.written and techinical interview was quite easy and as i was preparing for cat so gd,passage writing and written was easy for me.not selected in technical interview though it was quiet easy.they took four female candidates.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Pre-screened by in-house recruiter followed by submitting a coding exercise followed by technical phone interviews followed by on-site interviews with several technology leaders. (They flew me to CT for the face-to-face interviews.) Hiring process was very smooth once the offer was extended. Waited for background check to complete and then started work within a week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with people that are unwilling to change bad processes. (This was a common pain point for every person that interviewed me.)   Answer Question
    They maxed out the salary offering so that threw in more vacation to sweeten the deal.

Customer Solutions Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fiserv.

I was looking for a job I could start pretty quickly. Fiserv was running a hiring event for a few training classes they needed to fill. I was able to schedule an interview very quickly. The people interviewing me were very nice, they asked mostly questions from a form. There was no tour our anything like that, the process was pretty quick. I heard back within a couple of days when they made me an offer. The offer was submitted in writing which was good. The interviewers were not necessarily very experienced, or comfortable with interviewing, but that didn't seem to negatively impact my experience. Being for an entry level position, the interview was pretty casual. The HR generalist knew very little about the products I would be supporting, and I wasn't interviewing with the people I would be working for, which surprised me. Basically, I started the job not knowing anything about the job except that it was inbound phones.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you didn't handle something well, and what you learned from the situation going forward.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was given a choice of start dates, which also determined which product I would be supporting.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interviewing for this position consists of questions regarding employment and educational background. Probing questions will be asked if you have never had customer service experience, or have a job history that displays what is called "job hopping" (where you never stay in positions for more than a few months).

Interview Questions
    • One question that is asked is "Tell me about a time you were asked to do something you didn't agree with."   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Managing Client Satisfaction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv.

Very long, over 6 months before a decision to hire was made. Six different interviews. Executive management and senior management change often. Therefore the organization is in constant change.

Very long

Senior BA Interview

Communication Ability would be checked and evaluated
    Professional approach is very much looked, understanding of BPO operations expertise in collections and customer handling skills were looked at as the only process which was available was a business to business collections process, understanding of healthcare domain was an added advantage.
    3-4 round of interviews would be done, basis telephonic, face to face with HR/Ops manager & 1 more with senior manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv.

First, there will be telephonic round in which they will test your basic technical and communication skills. After that you will need to undergo online test to check technical skills. After passing this round there will be 2-3 face to face interviews. Last but not least, there will be a HR round for package negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • You need to prepare WCF, ASP.NET MVC AJAX with deep undersatnding for ASP.NET requirements   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Phone interview then onsite interview. Everyone was very friendly. Questions were standard interview questions, not difficult to answer. I heard back within a week regarding their decision. Was offered the job but declined it.

Interview Questions

The pay was too low ($12/hr), and the hours were terrible (6 pm - 2:30 am).

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview cycle met expectations at first: email contact, two phone screens, and then half day of panel interviews with people from multiple teams and groups. Everyone was friendly and professional.

There seemed to be a lot left unsaid when it came time to answer my questions. Answers seemed to hang in the air--didn't sound "final." Probes didn't work as expected.

I got offered a job two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. I was a good match and had the requisite education, experience, and profile.   Answer Question
    Non-existent, since I didn't get an offer letter after I accepted the oral offer. If they canceled the position they hired me for before the first day, couldn't they have least told HR to call me and say so? If they didn't cancel it, why doesn't anyone answer my questions about the status of the job? , but FiServ never sent the paperwork. I was told "it's a little slow" so I waited and followed up every couple of weeks. The answer didn't change for six months.

If I didn't have the voicemail saved on my answering machine, I would have no record at all of getting an offer from them. Feels like a bad dream.