Fiserv Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2015
Updated 9 Apr 2015

2.9

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fiserv (London, England) in July 2010.

Interview

Use recruiters mainly. Jobs are strangley worded so sometimes difficult to locate through search. Hiring process was elongated by travel of execs but that is not an issue. Slow contract receipt. Most of the interviews I had were more like a discussion rather than formally structured questions. I know certain people internally interview in a much more structured way though.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the financial services regulation in Singapore? (no mention of singapore in job description!)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Total around 2 weeks. Pretty limited but they did flex salary and benefits

Operations Support Representative Interview

Interview

I applied for the position online through the Fiserv website. Human Resources conducted an initial phone interview. About a week later, I also interviewed on-site. During the on-site interview, I was informed that I would be contacted either way once a decision was reached. Unfortunately, I did not receive any follow-up communication after the on-site interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fiserv (Pune (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Java Online Technical Test followed by Technical Discussion and Managerial discussion.
    Java Online test consist of 39 questions. Time allotted was 98 mins. Once a question is answered, it cannot be revisited again. For each question there could be max 3 allowed choices to be selected. You can select 1 or 2 or 3 choices. The pattern of test depends upon how well you will be answering the questions. If you are doing well, The level of question gets tough. If you are doing poor, the difficulty level of questions drop.
    Also, there is different weight to all the options in a question, positive as well as negative, i.e. there could be different marks given for correct answer and there could different marks deduction for wrong answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want yo join Fiserv?   1 Answer
    • Since, it is a Banking domain company, they ask about implementation of security perspectives in Java.   Answer Question
    • Maximum questions revolve around Struts 2, JPA and Spring Framework.   Answer Question

Workforce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv (Amherst, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview then an offer. Very smooth process. Recruiting was amazing. Great facility, friendly atmosphere. You must pass a background check, and drug test to complete the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenges?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was. Tell them what you think your worth to the company.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Recruiter referred me to the management for a telephone interview. Phone interview with the manager over this department. Was called back right away to come to the office for an In person interview. Can't provide any feedback due to no response after interview. Emailed and called recruiter for follow up and no response. Very unprofessional interview process.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen with a recruiter. I then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I had that phone interview, which seemed to go well, he acted pleased with all my responses, and at the end, told me someone from HR (named them by name) would be in contact to schedule an in-person interview, and even described what to expect for the on-site interview. No one ever contacted me, despite my follow-up email to the named HR contact for the on-site interview. Very unprofessional follow-up for someone that went through 2 rounds of interviews.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

I interviewed with four different people over the course of two weeks: one in-person, one via video teleconference and one on the phone. All were completely open and honest about the job I could be entering. I met with four members of the team that I would be supporting. All appreciated my prior work and were excited for the future.

Interview Questions

• All standard questions. Unexpected first interview...initially set for a phone call, but turned out to be a dinner interview.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

You are asked Standard questions during the HR interview And specific industry questions while interviewing with the hiring manager. Depending upon the position you may interview with the BU executive, Director of operations, or director of sales executive.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the industry trends moving toward?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fiserv.

Interview

There was long queue of 200+ people at the day but HR managed the process very well.It satrted with registration followed by machine test ,2 technical rounds and 1 HR round(formality,merely salary negotiation)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

bring another offer letter

Interview

Interview Questions

• They have no respect for a candidate or the employees. I wish I had not applied for a job at Fiserv, that was the worst mistake of my career. They have no respect for a candidate or the employees. I wish I had not applied for a job at Fiserv, that was the worst mistake of my career.   Answer Question