Flowserve

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Moosic, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Flowserve in June 2012.

Interview Details Interviewer asked for my project management history/experience

Interview Question – Did you ever screw up a project   Answer Question

Application Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview Details Got recruited out of campus..have a technical written test...questions are fairly simple if you are thorough with fundamentals of fluid mechanics and turbo machinery..It is followed by a group discussion and final HR and technical interviews

Interview Question – Questions were pretty basic and straightforward..   Answer Question

Vernon, CA (US)

Interviewed at Flowserve

Interview Details Came in for an interview at the Vernon office. Interview went well but never heard back, even after I left several phone messages.

Interview Question – I wasn't really asked any difficult questions that I remember. They asked the usual tell me about yourself type questions, as well as what I did for my senior design project.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer
Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Flowserve in March 2011.

Interview Details Through the company website or through internal employee referal network program

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview Details First they call me to have an interview with the HR Manager and I had a little meeting with he. Later he programmed a hydraulic test few weeks after. Then they told me I will have 3 interviews with 3 different división managers to talk about me, my skills and my character.

Reason for Declining – Because the income was better.

Vernon, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Flowserve.

Interview Details Was interviewed by two senior engineers and an HR person. Questions asked weren't that hard. I thought I did really well and was told to expect a call within a week. But, unfortunately, I never heard back from them. Oh well, such is life you move forward.

Interview Question – Again, the interview questions weren't hard. I remember one of the questions asked was how I dealt with a stressful situation where I needed to perform. Another question was to talk about things I had learned in one of my college courses.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Flowserve

Interview Details The people who interviewed me were courteous overall. They asked questions ranging from my time management skills to how easily I would be able to pick up a software they used all the time. What really left me a bad impression of the company though was the HR woman that coordinated the interview. She did not keep her word about contacting me a week after the interview on my offer status.

Interview Question – How did you prepare for your exams while in school?   Answer Question

Application Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Flowserve in October 2011.

Interview Details First interview at college campus with 2 employees of the company. Second interview with the recruiter/HR representative and a project manager.

Interview Question – Do you have any hobbies that relate or are relevant to the engineering field?   Answer Question

Chesapeake, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Flowserve in January 2009.

Interview Details Typical interview. You talk to a bunch of people and then are evaluated on a group presentation as well. You stay in the best hotel, I mean they treat you really nice. However dont be fooled by the way they treat you at the interview. Its a lure tactic. The HR lady wont even say hello to you after to accept the job. She is your best freind until you accept though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotitations accepted. Offer is fixed.

Very Easy Interview

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Flowserve in July 2008.

Interview Details I knew a former employee of the company who referred me to someone for a potential interview, I interviewed with 3 people in a 3 hour span. Received a job offer 2 days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, fair pay

Interviews for Top Jobs at Flowserve

Worked for Flowserve? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flowserve Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Flowserve employees and interview candidates.