Forever 21

2.1

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

Online application, Skype interview, 1:1 interview.
    Portfolio review, Practical styling and merchandising task

There was none. You either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

When I was interviewed there I first handed in my CV to the store, I then was called and had a phone interview a few days later. It was very informal and the interviewer was very chatty and friendly. So be really chatty and friendly back. I then was asked to come in for a 1-1 which was also very laid back and was offered the job straight after the interview. From working there, I've realised they also do group interview a but I don't expect that to be too hard neither.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process was definitely odd. It was a group interveiw at first. You had to know all the key facts about Forever 21, who founded it? Where is the first one? Then they would ask people to leave or stay. The people who stayed were onto the interview round, the people who left went home. Then you would have a one to one interview. Then you would get the call.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was, when did you last give excellent customer service? The unexpected was, What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

Group interview, if theyre doing an open house make sure to get there EARLY,i came in an hour late and there was a giant line from one end of the building to the other! Oh also the people for this company are so unprofessional,it will take them weeks to call you back for training, and they don't even give you a schedule you have to call and they don't even answer the phone when you do, please look for a better job opportunity somewhere else forever 21 is not worth it, it really is just a waste of time.

Corporate Interview- Payroll Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Let me start with this: I will NEVER work for Forever 21

Upon arriving to Forever 21 corporate, the location was pretty sketchy. The instructions to get to the right parking lot was incorrect. In the e-mail, they said to go to lot 2; however, I found out that it was supposed to be lot 4. Bad communication already.

So for the interview, they bring you to a conference room that looks like an interrogation room. It was a white room and table with black chairs.

The interviewer was so rude. The position was an entry level position only requiring an Associates degree. The interviewer skimmed my resume and basically said my experience was useless, even though I had 2 years of experience and my bachelors degree. Keep in mind, I just graduated a month ago and had 2 years of experience which is pretty good as it is already. She was basically testing me the whole time, she smirked and asked me questions hoping to stump me. It was NOT a get to know you, it was more like an interrogation. Then she literally told me "This job is not fun. Its alot of attention to detail. You have to work holidays". Which was really discouraging...I mean what kind of companies say that during an interview?

After that she asked for my salary range. I told her it was 41-50k. Prior to this interview, I told the recruiter this same amount and she agreed that it was a reasonable salary range. I also based this number off of the average salary for this position and for this city (LA). After telling her my range, she tried to undercut me by saying " thats too high. i dont like the negotiation process. this is an entry level positon, think of your lowest number you would work for an entry level position" I told her low thirty and high forties but she STILL was not happy. She basically wanted to pay me low thirties!

What I dont understand is...she wants someone who was more experienced yet wanted to pay them less. I definitely do not want to work for a boss like that. I left and will never look back on Forever 21.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied there during the summer and got a call back for a group interview about 2 or 3 weeks later. I came into the interview and the hiring manager was on their break, so another manager conducted it. I thought it was fairly easy-- why Forever 21? Question about own fashion sense, what makes good customer service, if an item was stolen etc. Fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • What if you were in a situation where you are going into another room to help a customer, then another customer approaches you and you notice another customer is using a hook to get something from the higher racks, while you hear the phone ringing; how would all that be handled?   View Answer
    Since I asked a little more than what minimum wage was, we met halfway

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

I got a phone call from one of the recruiting coordinators to schedule an interview. They had two different dates to choose from and it wasn't the typical "let me know your availability," you only had those two dates to choose from. Later, I found out that I was going to a group interview. We were 4 or 5 people in total and I believe that they were 5 in total to come interview with us. The questions weren't that many or particularly difficult, but it was definitely harder to come up with original answers when there were others, answering the same question as you were.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

It was pretty cool, alot of candidates so arrive early! It's a group which doesn't make it bad but could be intimidating at the same time. Questions were pretty simple just relax, dress fashionable and try to stand out!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process took 1 day. I attended a job fair. They asked easy questions like who is your favorite fashion designer, why forever 21 etc. If you have the Forever 21 look you'll get hired. Look trendy and fashionable for the interview and you'll be fine :)

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Group Interview, called for a second interview with the store manager. Hired on the spot. There were about 2 other people in the group interview, we all answered the same questions. Less than 24 hours later I was called for a one on one interview.