Forever 21

Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Manchester, England

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details Online application, Skype interview, 1:1 interview.
Portfolio review, Practical styling and merchandising task

Negotiation Details – There was none. You either take it or leave it.

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details The process was definitely odd. It was a group interveiw at first. You had to know all the key facts about Forever 21, who founded it? Where is the first one? Then they would ask people to leave or stay. The people who stayed were onto the interview round, the people who left went home. Then you would have a one to one interview. Then you would get the call.

Interview Question – The most difficult was, when did you last give excellent customer service? The unexpected was, What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Aurora, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Interview Details It was an open interview. I arrived with the application all filled out and ready to go. The interview was quick and took maybe 30 minutes. I got the job a few days after. The training process was very quick and I felt it covered the basics, but someone still needs guidance in their first couple of months at the store.

Interview Question – What did I consider working on a team to mean   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you have retail experience, try to negotiate a higher salary.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call within 2 days and was scheduled to interview the next day. The interview didn't to so well because they didn't mention that they only hire 18 yr olds. I was 17 at the time

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2011.

Interview Details Completed the application in store and was contacted within the week. Set up an interview with the assistant manager. After a few questions about my former job and customer service skills, I was offered the position the same day. Took about a week to go in for paperwork and soon after I was officially hired.

Interview Question – What's your worst quality?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details I applied in-person (Have to b 18+) I received call the next week asking to come in for an interview. It was a group interview. Roughly 5 of us. She asked real basic questions like "why f21?" or "what can you offer to the company?". I received another call the next week saying I got the job and to come in on a certain day to do paper work and such

Interview Question – Do you know any knowledge about the company?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details I went to a job fair at the Times Square location. I got there a little after 8 (it was between 8 and 11am) and they had everyone wait on a line on the lower level by the shoe department and then gave us an application to fill out. The assistant manager would take about 5-8 people at a time for an interview, so be sure to be really outgoing so that you're noticed! They asked the typical questions like why do you wanna work here? describe your style? tell me about yourself, etc. at the end she told us that we should hear back within a week and don't call them/go back to the store to see if you got hired or not. After the one week waiting period you're eligible to apply again.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Orange, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2014.

Interview Details Saw an open call for a job fair for their store. When I arrived I was one of many who showed up for the open call. They had us stand in line in the hot sun and were to wait until it was our turn to be interviewed. I was dressed in a professional manor and was surprised to find most of the other candidates were in jeans When it was my turn to interview, I was sat at a table with another interviewee but we were being interviewed individually by our own interviewer. The questions were basic and the interview lasted only 5 minutes because they were trying to get through the line. This type of interview is hard because they cannot go into depth to see if you'd be a likely candidate for the position. I think the interviewers main concern was that I was unsure of my availability because I have another job. I told her that if I was to be hired for the Visual position I would quit my current job.

Interview Question – Basic interview question such as name 5 of your best qualities   Answer Question

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details I went into my local Forever 21 store in June 2014 and asked if they were hiring, to which the manager told me that they were accepting applications. I was given an application, filled it out in the food court and handed it in--easy. I got a call one month later saying that they were now doing interviews and wanted to know if I could come in for one, to which I said yes. It was a group interview which totaled up to 7 girls, including me. We all stood in a circle and were assisted by 2 co-managers who instructed the interview. It was pretty easy and actually fun, the questions weren't hard but one that did kind of get me was "What would you do if you saw a customer putting something into their purse that they didn't pay for?" I wasn't expecting that and it kind of caught me off guard. Overall, easy interview...just be yourself, be relaxed, talk clearly and make sure you be nice to the other people that are interviewing, don't try to outshine anyone or pretend like no one else is there, they wanna see your people skills and see how well you'd do with potential customers. They said that if you got the position you'd hear from them within a week but I got a call back literally an hour later asking if I could come in for orientation.

Interview Question – "What would you do if you saw a customer placing something in their bag that they didn't pay for?"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

Interview Details Process is Long and you have to willing to drive hours to meet up with the District Manager. Then once you meet up for the interview, you go have a background check then you wait hoping to hear back from the DM.

Interview Question – be prepared to talk about your strengths and experience with a retail enviroment   Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!