Forever 21 Interview Questions

2.1

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

Online application, Skype interview, 1:1 interview.
    Portfolio review, Practical styling and merchandising task

There was none. You either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process was definitely odd. It was a group interveiw at first. You had to know all the key facts about Forever 21, who founded it? Where is the first one? Then they would ask people to leave or stay. The people who stayed were onto the interview round, the people who left went home. Then you would have a one to one interview. Then you would get the call.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was, when did you last give excellent customer service? The unexpected was, What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

Hiring, Interviewing process was quick and easy, you just need to dress nice to impress. Interview questions was simple. They don't seem to keep their papers organize. I got to wait almost an hour after i got there for the interview to be great by the hiring manager. The reason i quit there was because they don't pay for your mall parking.

There wasn't any negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in store and the cashier told me that they were hiring everyone who applied. I gave the application directly to the manager and she set me up for an interview a few days later. I showed up for the interview and a different manager that was supposed to interview me had no idea that I was coming in. So after waiting ten minutes for her to make a b phone call and grab my application, we stood in the middle of the store to do my interview. It was very unprofessional and she seemed very disinterested in me and my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Are you in school, what is your availability..etc   Answer Question
    • told me the 3 positions (cashier, sales associate, fitting room attend., and asked which I would be best for   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions?   View Answer
    I am still waiting for a call about orientation. .

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

My interviewer was very friendly and open. She made me feel comfortable and allowed the interview to flow like a normal conversation versus "ask, answer, repeat". The questions were straight forward and fairly easy to respond to.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you out of everyone else? What sets you apart?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your favorite fashion trends?   Answer Question

I found a better job opportunity.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Group Interview with about 10 people. Regular questions like why do you want to work for us, what would you wear if we hired you today and you started tomorrow?

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied from an online job search engine. My interview was a group interview with one other applicant. The interview was really short and she didn't ask many questions. She asked us to tell her about ourselves, and basic questions like our favorite designers.

Interview Questions
    • We were given a 10 minutes limit to put together 3 outfits in the store   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2014.

I applied online and was called by the Store Manager for a interview. A week later I interviewed with the District Manager and Visual Manager and was asked to submit for a background check. The following week I called to check the status of my background check and was told that it was pending by the Store Manager. The following week I called again and was told that the Store Manager no longer worked there and they decided to hire someone else. I'm not sure why a business would pay money for a background check and not hire the applicant my record is spotless and I have never been in trouble with the law. I'm also not sure why a Store Manager would begin interviews for a position knowing she would eventually leave. Her departure seems very sudden and unexpected either way I had a very good interview with the DM and took some valuable life lessons from our conversation.

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

First interviewed with District Manager then waited for a few weeks until the Regional Manager flew out to interview me and I was informed I had the Job within the same week.

Interview Questions
    • Can tell me what is projected to be the popular fashion styles this season? What are the names of the pieces and what are the popular colors this season?   View Answer
    There was none. I either took what they offered or didn't accept the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Applied in person, then got a call for interview a week later. Interview questions were not hard, very general questions. Asked about costumer service, strengths/ weaknesses, and made some scenarios with clothing. Was hired on spot.