Forever 21

2.1

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

Online application, Skype interview, 1:1 interview.
    Portfolio review, Practical styling and merchandising task

There was none. You either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process was definitely odd. It was a group interveiw at first. You had to know all the key facts about Forever 21, who founded it? Where is the first one? Then they would ask people to leave or stay. The people who stayed were onto the interview round, the people who left went home. Then you would have a one to one interview. Then you would get the call.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was, when did you last give excellent customer service? The unexpected was, What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

The interview was quick and straight to the point. Didnt think I fit the image of the brand and we parted ways.

I think of you have the right image and attitude that suits their mold you'd get hired right away.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

Group interview. It was very brief. I have great previous experience but the person who interviewed us had been doing quite a few interviews from what she told us and it seemed like she was very disinterested in this group that I was in. She asked basic questions such as what could you bring to the company?

Interview Questions
    • What is a quality from previous jobs that you can bring to Forever 21?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I currently just finished High School so I wanted a job at retails since I had a lot of free time so I went to Forever 21 looking for a job. I was told to come in for a open house (open interview) that same day. I didn't get the job because I'm 17 and I guess they changed the policy but now one must be 18, I'm not sure if every forever 21 is like that.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation in which things didn't go as expected and describe how you felt.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

I applyed in person durine the open house . It was a group interview where they asked 3 questions. They were basic interview questions(make sure you know the history of the company).

Interview Questions
    • How good is your costumer service? What do you know about the history of forever21? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I got an application on a table in front of the store. I went home, filled it out, brought it back to the store, and 2 hours later I got a call for an interview the following day. The interview was very easy and literally lasted 5 minutes. 4 days later, I got another call for a second interview. This time it was a group interview with 3 other people. The group interview lasted up to about half an hour. The manager basically asked us a few questions and whoever wants to answer just goes.

Interview Questions
    The manager just said I would be started off at minimum wage. I was fine with that and didn't argue.

Project Management Office Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2014.

Applied Online - received a call the next day.

The person I talked to was friendly, but asked questions off of a sheet of paper and didn't seem to want to make conversation.

The questions were straightforward - what's your experience, what do you like about the company, etc.

She then asked me what type of compensation I was looking for and when I told her, she said it was too much and then hung up quickly. I would have like to ask her what pay the job did have and thank her for her time, but I assume my compensation was out of negotiating range.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I knew about the company. I had done my research about company culture, size, and how it got started, but I felt as though she was looking for something else because her response was not very positive.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Forever 21.

Applied online within a few days got an email back to ask me to come in for an in-store interview the following week. I show up and the interviewer is about 15mins late and distraught. But went really well.

Interview took about 20mins of talking, then had to go around the store to choose three outfits that would work well in a store window.

Emailed back, they never followed up.

Interview Questions
    • What types of blogs do you follow, who inspires you and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

I was interviewed once, during a group interview of about seven people. I received a phone call that same day in the evening saying they'd live to bring me on. Advice: dress to impress! Seems like a no-brainer but definitely should not be taken lightly. First impressions are everything, especially since Forever 21 is a leading retail company for men and women's fashions. Stand out from other candidates by: having a great, business-casual outfit, extraordinary personality, friendliness, and positivity, and individuality/confidence in interview answers.

Interview Questions
    This was my first job. I began as a sales associate and It was the perfect retail store to gain customer service experience because of the company's fast pace, high volume, and diversity. However, I would not say that this is the greatest company for someone interested in growing with because it is so large. Depends on location, but there is a lot of competition between ground level employees (sales associate) or any position wanting to advance to a higher position. Definitely takes determination, excelling perseverance, and patience!