Forever 21 Interview Questions

2.1

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

Online application, Skype interview, 1:1 interview.
    Portfolio review, Practical styling and merchandising task

There was none. You either take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Forever 21.

The process was definitely odd. It was a group interveiw at first. You had to know all the key facts about Forever 21, who founded it? Where is the first one? Then they would ask people to leave or stay. The people who stayed were onto the interview round, the people who left went home. Then you would have a one to one interview. Then you would get the call.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was, when did you last give excellent customer service? The unexpected was, What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

The interview was super easy just make sure to mention a lot about good customer service and focus on how to make customer happy and impressed. Talk about how youre friendly and outgoing and can be really helpful to meeting customers needs. show interest and be confident.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Sent application months before, called me in for an interview, made me fill out another application, turned me away after realizing I wasn't 18 even though I had said I was 17 in both my resumé and my application.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Forever 21.

Upon completing and online app, I got a call within two weeks from the store manager. She set up an interview with me in her mall. The interview in general went well and she was very pleasant but she did not have questions ready and was very unprofessional in the way she conducted it. For example, she asked how I would 'discipline' an underperformer. I told her the steps I would take but she cut me off and told me her first response would be to cut someone's hours, not mentioning anything about additional training. Our conversations went well but she asked mostly 'tell me a time' questions and constantly looked at her interview guide for help.

My next interview was with the district manager. The store manager did not tell me this interview was supposed to be over the phone so I drove 45 minutes to the store. Inside the store, the Co-Manager was the only manager on and was one of three people on cash register, which should never happen. This was on a Thursday. I waited for her to break away and come speak to me, and while she was nice as well she was completely oblivious to who I was or what I was doing there. She called the store manager at home and told me my interview would be over the phone and I should be expecting a call. I suspect that they forgot about my interview because the DM called me 15 minutes late from her headset as she was driving.

The DM was also very nice and asked me much more detailed questions and my interview was more like a conversation with her which I appreciated. She said her next step would be to discuss with the SM and she would email me, which she did later that night. After discussion about pay, she indicated I would be made an offer.

A week went by and I didn't hear anything so I emailed her again to follow up. She told me the SM reached out to me but I didn't answer (I had no missed calls or voicemails). She then told me someone else would reach out to me with an offer. Another week went by and still no one. I found another job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you discipline an underperformer?   View Answer

After the second time of reaching out to the DM she finally had someone from Human Resources call to make me an offer. I declined the offer. Even though my actual vocal conversations were congenial, I got the impression that the disorganization was not something I wanted to be a part of.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Forever 21.

Hiring, Interviewing process was quick and easy, you just need to dress nice to impress. Interview questions was simple. They don't seem to keep their papers organize. I got to wait almost an hour after i got there for the interview to be great by the hiring manager. The reason i quit there was because they don't pay for your mall parking.

There wasn't any negotiation

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Forever 21.

I applied from an online job search engine. My interview was a group interview with one other applicant. The interview was really short and she didn't ask many questions. She asked us to tell her about ourselves, and basic questions like our favorite designers.

Interview Questions
    • We were given a 10 minutes limit to put together 3 outfits in the store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in store and the cashier told me that they were hiring everyone who applied. I gave the application directly to the manager and she set me up for an interview a few days later. I showed up for the interview and a different manager that was supposed to interview me had no idea that I was coming in. So after waiting ten minutes for her to make a b phone call and grab my application, we stood in the middle of the store to do my interview. It was very unprofessional and she seemed very disinterested in me and my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • Are you in school, what is your availability..etc   Answer Question
    • told me the 3 positions (cashier, sales associate, fitting room attend., and asked which I would be best for   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions?   View Answer
    I am still waiting for a call about orientation. .

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Forever 21.

My interviewer was very friendly and open. She made me feel comfortable and allowed the interview to flow like a normal conversation versus "ask, answer, repeat". The questions were straight forward and fairly easy to respond to.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you out of everyone else? What sets you apart?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your favorite fashion trends?   Answer Question

I found a better job opportunity.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Forever 21.

Group Interview with about 10 people. Regular questions like why do you want to work for us, what would you wear if we hired you today and you started tomorrow?