Forever 21

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details I went to a job fair at the Times Square location. I got there a little after 8 (it was between 8 and 11am) and they had everyone wait on a line on the lower level by the shoe department and then gave us an application to fill out. The assistant manager would take about 5-8 people at a time for an interview, so be sure to be really outgoing so that you're noticed! They asked the typical questions like why do you wanna work here? describe your style? tell me about yourself, etc. at the end she told us that we should hear back within a week and don't call them/go back to the store to see if you got hired or not. After the one week waiting period you're eligible to apply again.

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details I went to an open call. They were 1 hour and 20 minutes late. Then they took groups of 10 to the back where they asked like 3 questions & took your resume. They said they would call back by the end of the day if they were interested.

Interview Question – Describe your perfect summer go to outfit
What is good customer service ?
What makes you a good candidate ?
  Answer Question

Huntington, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Interview Details There were between 15 and 20 girls applying for a group interview at different times. Once they called my group up they asked basic questions on the sales floor in a circle. After that they called us up separately with a few more questions and I was offered a job.

Interview Question – Why Forever 21?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I asked for between 8-8.50 and was offered 8.50

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2014.

Interview Details It was an informal group interview. Waited about an hour because the line was very long. Went in with about 15 other people. The store manager and floor manager was there and asked us a question and then went around the circle and had people answer. It was the most monotonous interview I ever had.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question just common sense   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope either take it or leave it.

West Nyack, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in April 2014.

Interview Details They were so desperate to hire new people, they made false promises of a Head Cashier position that they were never considering me for in the first place even though I had the right experience for it.

Negotiation Details – It was under false pretenses. They hired me for one position, but when hired, gave me a lower position with an unclear excuse. Nothing was set in stone from the beginning and I was treated like trash as soon as I was hired. I was hired the beginning of April but didn't start until the middle of May. I notified the manager that I was giving my other job a 2 week notice and she said okay...but every time I called to start work, there was always an excuse. They lost my application 3 times. I was out of work for almost a month with no income and an apartment with rent to pay. They were totally disorganized. Orientation was only an hour long, we did not get a full tour of the store and an explanation as to how the store works. Working there is a nightmare, they treat you poorly, do not care to respect your availability, and keep you past your scheduled time which could be past 2am. No one has a care for your personal life, you're a slave from the minute you clock in.

Head Cashier Interview

Head Cashier
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details I went in and asked for an applications, and spoke to a manager had a friendly conversation and then asked about the job process. Made sure he remembered my face and came back after I filled it out another day. He remembered me and pushed me to the next manager right away. I made it aware I wanted more than a regular associate position. And blew past the group interview even before it happened. Second interview was with the store manager. Easy questions, typical things, nothing out of the norm.

Interview Question – How would you lead your sales assoc./cashier?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really negotiable

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details Had recruitment events at forever 21 stores early in the morning, had group interview with about 16 other people, asked random questions about ourselves and the company itself. Got the call to say i was hired about 30 minutes after interview was over.

Interview Question – They were all pretty generic, about the store and what kind of clothing it sells, had to distinguish forever 21 from 2 other clothing companies like h&m and urban outfitters.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 10$ an hour for all sales associates.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in February 2014.

Interview Details Went to the forever 21 job fair and had a small interview with one of the assistant managers. The following week I got a call to come do a interview. It was a group interview but they try to make it more like a conversation. They asked simple questions like "why do you want to work here instead of elsewhere, your pros and cons, what do you know about forever 21 the company, what do you have on that's from forever21, and just to tell a little about yourself.

Interview Question – All were easy and expected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lake Grove, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2010.

Interview Details I was called 1 day after submitting an application in person. I had an interview the following day, and a job the day after that.

Interview Question – 3 strengths, 3 areas of improvement   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details It was a group interview. There was about 7 people in a group. The questions were not really hard. They asked questions about your skills, performance related questions nd current trend related questions. No question too far fetched or hard to answer. The hiring manager it more like a conversation which made it more comfortable for everybody.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. I was pleased with the offer.

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!