Forrester Research

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in August 2007.

The experience I had was relatively quick by company standards -- normally the process takes a month or two, where in my case it was a matter of weeks. I had 5 interviews prior to receiving an offer. In the order in which they occurred:

1) Phone interview with Director of European research
2) Phone interview with Research Director of my prospective team
3) 3 separate Face to face interviews (2 senior analysts, and 1 RA)

Everyone was friendly and imparted a strong positive company culture. The questions were varied, but focused mostly around IT markets (at the time the team I was applying for looked mainly at IT services and outsourcing). At this level they're not looking for someone who has expert knowledge in the subject area and basic knowledge should suffice. The key things they do look for are communication skills, writing ability, project management, and attention to detail.

My advice (especially once at the face-to-face interview phase), is to try to answer any questions about the IT market, but if you can't try to bring things back to topics you know about and are comfortable speaking about. A lot of the people in the company come from varied backgrounds and didn't join from IT backgrounds themselves so the key goal should be to prove your communication and writing skills.

Interview Questions
  • What's your knowledge of the main trends in the IT outsourcing market?   View Answer
Not much. Given the low level of the position they're not willing to compromise very much.

Analyst firms like Forrester typically give a base salary + bonus. The area where there might be flexibility is in the bonus, so when negotiating that's where I'd focus. Its pretty tough to get them to move on the base salary unless they really need you or you're applying at a more senior level.

Other Interview Reviews for Forrester Research

Research Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Forrester Research.

They did a phone screening of about 30 minutes. Most of the questions were general and they just went over my resume and asked me questions about my experience at each internship. The interviewer was friendly and calm. I followed up with her through email but never got a reply.

Interview Questions
    • Is technology something that interests you? Do you keep up with technology?   Answer Question

Forrester Research Response

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with Forrester. I apologize you did not hear back from your recruiter - this is NOT our standard practice. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to ... More

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in June 2014.

I applied online and within 30 minutes of submitting my application, HR contacted me about scheduling an interview. However, a couple of days before the interview, HR needed to reschedule which was not a problem. The day of the interview, I did not receive a call and I sent an email to follow up, in case something had come up and we needed to reschedule. However, it seems that the person I was supposed to interview with was actually out of the office the day she suggested we reschedule the interview. I never heard from them again.

Forrester Research Response

Aug 11, 2014VP, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am really disappointed to hear about your experience regarding your application and interview. While we strive to have really clear, proactive communication with ... More

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forrester Research in October 2013.

Initial dialogue was made by a recruiter via Linked In in-mail. He/she would be the main contact in the hiring process.Then a phone interview as a screening process started within 1-2 weeks. If they felt the candidates have the right skill sets and background, they might bring them on-site for further group interview etc.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions were asked during initial screening process. The corporate recruiters were easy going and asking basic questions regarding the candidates' work history and relevant project experience.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Initial Communication was great, but faded as the interview process got longer. The process was long - 1 phone interview with the HR Recruiter. This recruiter then becomes your contact for the rest of the process. I then had 2 separate phone interviews with different vice presidents, and one 4-hour in person interview. Also had to take a skills test during the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A series of "either/or" questions that don't really have right or wrong answers. IE: "do you prefer working alone or in groups?" When I tried to say I can do both, the interviewer told me to pick one.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I got an email from a recruiter saying she wanted to connect and talk about my background because she thought I was a good fit. 30 minutes prior to the interview, she vowed rescheduled and I never set a date. I had to call another recruiter and speak with her. She told me she would contact me within a few days to speak with a hiring manager, and after 3 emails and a phone call on my behalf, I never heard back.

Research Associate Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, then a rather intensive 3 hour interview with multiple people on the team

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Forrester Research.

Phone Interview

Research Associate Interview

I applied online through a job website and received a phone call from a recruiter. She told me the nonnegotiable salary at the end of our first call. I was interviewed by about 5 people, 3 of which were by videoconferencing from the Boston office. Though the San Francisco office is very nice, I think it's true that the Boston office is more in the limelight and a lot of communications occur not in person. Though the salary seemed too low, the job itself sounded good for someone very interested in doing a lot of assistant-type tasks in data searching, organization, and communication and coordination between individuals on the team.

Interview Questions
    • Give a 5 minute presentation on the topic of your choice.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

The interview process was very well organized and executed. There was a phone screening with HR, then a phone interview with 2-3 analysts, and then an in-person interview the 3-4 members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to get rid of one state in the US, which would it be and why?   View Answers (69)

Worked for Forrester Research? Contribute to the Community!