Freddie Mac

Relevance Date Difficulty

Multi-Family Underwriting Analyst Interview

Multi-Family Underwriting Analyst
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in June 2014.

Interview Details Recruiters worked fast and efficiently to schedule my interview. The company also paid for my Amtrak ticket from San Diego to their LA office. They got back to me the next week as to whether I got the position or not. Everyone I interacted with was very nice and professional.

Interview Question – I didn't get asked any specific questions. They just described the position to me and asked if I would be okay with the job duties.   Answer Question

Project Management Senior Interview

Project Management Senior

Interviewed at Freddie Mac

Interview Details Hiring is mostly by applying for jobs via the online portal. There is a campus recruitment for college hire that is a 2 year rotational program. The hiring for International candidates is more cumbersome due to the visa considerations.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to shift from one group to another.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

IT Director Interview

IT Director

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later (beginning of the week). He wanted my availability for a phone interview that week. I immediately provided my availability. Friday came and went, but I hadn't heard back.

I emailed the recruiter to see if they were still interested in speaking to me. He said yes and to provide availability for the following week. Got the interview set up.

Spoke to 2 individuals that are peers to this position. Basic interview about my background and my experience. They did ask if I had experience in a particular area, that was not mentioned anywhere in my resume.

Contacted the recruiter after the interview (as requested by him) and left a VM. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything, so I guess I'm out of the running. Would have expected a "thanks but no thanks" email.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Freddie Mac in November 2010.

Interview Details Generally a quick proces. Submissions through on-line process. Submission was through the HR department. Was a positive experience. HR was very responsive and the in person interviews were pleasant. Interviews were with a wide range of staff. Range went from co-worker to head of department.

Interview Question – Qustion regarding the Company's status in conservatorship.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – limited feedback. Asked what salary range looking for and they worked to match it.

Risk Manager Interview

Risk Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac.

Interview Details The interview process was quick. The HR person coordinated scheduling for an in person interview with the hiring manager and a team member. The interviews were conducted professionally with questions focused on the technical requirements of the job. Overall, the hiring and interview process was quick and pleasant.

Interview Question – The difficult questions were regarding the technical requirements of the job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Freddie Mac in October 2011.

Interview Details Very confusing. Was not clear who would be the supervisor. Very rushed and haphazard.

Interview Question – Don't recall questions as being too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation as the position was a consultant position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

Interviewed at Freddie Mac

Interview Details Initial contact was made by the recruiter that spend a few minutes to give more details on position and salary information.
Had one interview that that was around 30 minutes. Process was pretty easy

Interview Question – Only difficult questions were about the mortgage industry that aren't taught in school or regular discussed in other documents   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate a higher salary.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through University recruiting and had a phone interview a few days later. I was invited to "Freddie Day" the following day, all expenses paid. Freddie Mac put candidates in a hotel and had us come down for an introduction/networking in the evening. The following day, there was a presentation, 2 panels consisting of current Technology Analysts and leaders of the company. There was a facility tour followed by 2 interviews. Overall, the process was fairly easy. During the interview just be yourself and talk about leadership. Was given an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were behavioral with a few technical questions to judge familiarly, nothing too in depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. Starting salary around market with a bit more considering the high cost of living in Northern Virginia.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
McLean, VA (US)

Interview Details The first round was a phone interview. Most of the questions were behavioral and afterwards the interviewer asked about field preferences. The second round was conducted at the Freddie office and was broken up into two 30 minute interviews. One technical and one behavioral. The questions were fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Question – Name the most difficult coding project you have worked on and list some lines of code from the assignment.   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Compliance Manager
McLean, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Freddie Mac in April 2010.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks. It did not take too long to get through. The first round of interviews was a telephonic interview. The next was an in person interview. They flew me in from out of town. It consisted of 4 interviews with multiple people.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but they stood firm.

Worked for Freddie Mac? Contribute to the Community!