GE Capital

Relevance Date Difficulty

FMP Graduate Interview

FMP Graduate
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2012.

Interview Details 4 interviews- 1st on the phone with HR- basic soft skills questions
was invited for assessment day in HQ- 4 interviews with different managers and senior- same questions on and on ( why GE, why this program, how do u tackle stress and ripetitive tasks).

Interview Question – not really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotatition

Risk Management Program Interview

Risk Management Program
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2014.

Interview Details First there was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions and then a day spent at the Assessment Center in London - 3 one-on-one interviews (1 with the HR and 2 with Risk Management employees) and a group dynamic ( two teams with two different opinions regarding the strategy of a company). Questions were mostly behavioral but you also have to be quite aware of why you want GE/GE Capital and Risk Management. Answer in a STAR mode (Situation, Task, Action and Results) and in line with the company's growth values.

Interview Question – Dealing w/ the gap between what you learn in school and what the reality is. Why GE? Why RM? Tell me a situtation in which you showed flexibility? How do you deal with negative feedback?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital in January 2011.

Interview Details First interview was with HR, followed by several other interviews with management team. Wide range of questions and expect to be asked in detail about the company and its strategy.

Interview Question – Questions are international in focus.   Answer Question

Risk Management Program Interview

Risk Management Program
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Capital in March 2013.

Interview Details Initial interview was on the ohone nd concerned mostly behavioral questions. After that, maybe a week waiting for another phone with invitation to assessment center in headquarter in London. Assessment center took one day. First- introduction, short speech about company and about the program. Then 4 hour- window for interviews, in total 4 interviews/ candidate, ll of them 1:1 (with risk managers and HR people). Behavioral based questions + some about the economic situation in the world. In the end short group project. Company check how much do you fit the program and company culture by evaluating 5 traits: clear thinker, imagination, external focus, inclusiveness and expertise. Very positive overall experience, people are friendly, give you the impression that you have a voice and you can make an impact.

Interview Question – The main difficulties is in answering to all thebehavioral questions over and over again. It['s pretty tiring, especially in the second half of the day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no real negotians in the end. They offer you certain salary and conditions and starting date of the program. I was given just a choice of 2 cities in myhome country.

FMP Intern Interview

FMP Intern
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at GE Capital in April 2012.

Interview Details Telephone interview - competency based questions, but mostly negative. Example: Tell me about a time you have failed to achieve a goal. What did you learn & what would you do differently. Two face-to-face interviews with finance leaders. One of them asked questions on previous employers. Example: what are the main assets of the companies you worked before. The other asked a lot of behavioural questions. Example: tell me about a time you took a risk and how did you manage to achieve your goal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were leading a team and they were not agreeing on how to complete a task.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were given a project that lacked resources or support.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Accept or reject offer.

Key Solutions Manager Interview

Key Solutions Manager
Manchester, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital in January 2009.

Interview Details 1-2-1 interview with hiring manager lasting 60 minutes
Formal pitch out to Sales leaders covering why your are applying, your experience to date
Team meet n greet to assess fit

Interview Question – None, in the pitch out or informal sessions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't budge on advertised salary

Intern Interview

Intern
London, England

I applied online and interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details Phone interview, face to face interview.

Interview Question – Phone interview was competency based.

Face to face interview was standard, going through CV work experiences skills etc.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Risks Analyst Interview

Risks Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GE Capital in May 2011.

Interview Details Fairly straightforward as I previously worked as an Intern for HQ, was called by the Analytics manager and basically offered the role, no interviews, no tests, no assessment centres

Interview Question – Not exactly a question but would reccomend to sharpen Excel skills   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered a standard graduate salary

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Senior Operations Manager
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details Internal hiring process. You need to apply via the internal job site. Usually a "preferred candidate" is already lined up, so it is a bit of a waste of time generally.

GE uses an internal resume to understand past performance and achievements.

Interview Question – A lot of personality questions around management style, influencing skills, working in matrix organisation.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Collections
Harrow, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital in May 2009.

Interview Details The telephone interview was just an initial screening which did not require any skill or prior knowledge. It was just determining my suitability e.g.if I had relevent experience, and if I had any other committments that could conflict with any potential future employment at GE.
After the initial phone call, I was then called back and invited to a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview mostly consisted of example type questions, E.g.Give an example when you have had a win win situation with a customer?   Answer Question
  • Having sufficient knowledge regarding GE was also questioned. E.g. what do you know about GE?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work for GE?   Answer Question
  • (Exact question not remembered) But was along the lines of finance and mortgages. Understanding how loans and mortgages work - secured/unsecured, arrears, interest rates. Also negotiating skils.   Answer Question

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!