GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Cheltenham, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in September 2008.

Interview Details phone interview first
then skills tests and IQ
then 1 to 1 session with presentation in front of a panel
background check were happening in the background
negotiation was done remotely and wasn't very flexible especially on the salary

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you did not have the full picture/information but you had to take an important decision anyway   Answer Question
  • how old are you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details I was contacted and asked to first complete a questionnaire - mostly behavioural.
A week after I had a telephonic interview with that manager - behavioural
A week after that I had a one on one interview still with the same manager - technical/ behavioural
2 weeks after that I had a Skype interview with the manager from Chicago - technical/ behavioural
1 week after that interview I had another telephonic interview with the HR from the UK - behavioural

It was almost 2 months before I received an offer from GE, however its still contingent to my fingerprint testing being clear.

You also have to send in all documents, certificates, references and a thorough background check is done.

The interviews are simple but you must have many examples and situations to discuss. The people were exceptionally friendly as well.

The salary offered was good but I requested a review/ negotiation for the possibility of a better package.

No one ever asked me about my desired salary or knew my current salary - only after the HR interview was I given a form to fill to stipulate my desired salary.

Interview Question – All questions started with "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am currently negotiating. received the offer but sent an email through to ask if the offer could be reviewed as it was very close to current. They said it should be another 2 weeks before I know.

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Question – Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Question – how will you fit in our organization.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i got another better offer.

Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details long, but not difficult

Interview Question – most questions were behavioural. typical questions, nothing you cannot prepare for.... "tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker"   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Campus Hiring Process.
1. First round of written exam which included aptitude and technical questionnaire.
2. 1 Technical round done by the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes.
3. 1 HR interview that lasted for about 30 minutes.
Written examination is used as a screening procedure to weed out the weak candidates and to give the top candidates enough time to interview. Technical round was probably the deciding round as the HR round was more like standard STAR questions which were easy to tackle.

Interview Question – All technical questions were based on fundamentals and problem solving approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I got the offer through campus placement.

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus

Interview Question – expectations   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2011.

Interview Details Hiring process was very tedious ,so many forms to fill .
3 levels of interview 1 telephonic and 1techinical and 1 HR

Interview Question – Fluid mechanics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate,

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details 4 interviews in one day. Behavioral Questions. STAR Method.

Interview Question – What is the biggest change in life you faced? & how you handled it?   Answer Question

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!