GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Cheltenham, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE in September 2008.

Interview Details phone interview first
then skills tests and IQ
then 1 to 1 session with presentation in front of a panel
background check were happening in the background
negotiation was done remotely and wasn't very flexible especially on the salary

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you did not have the full picture/information but you had to take an important decision anyway   Answer Question
  • how old are you   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Question – Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Question – how will you fit in our organization.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – i got another better offer.

Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details long, but not difficult

Interview Question – most questions were behavioural. typical questions, nothing you cannot prepare for.... "tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker"   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Campus Hiring Process.
1. First round of written exam which included aptitude and technical questionnaire.
2. 1 Technical round done by the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes.
3. 1 HR interview that lasted for about 30 minutes.
Written examination is used as a screening procedure to weed out the weak candidates and to give the top candidates enough time to interview. Technical round was probably the deciding round as the HR round was more like standard STAR questions which were easy to tackle.

Interview Question – All technical questions were based on fundamentals and problem solving approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as I got the offer through campus placement.

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus

Interview Question – expectations   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2011.

Interview Details Hiring process was very tedious ,so many forms to fill .
3 levels of interview 1 telephonic and 1techinical and 1 HR

Interview Question – Fluid mechanics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate,

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details 4 interviews in one day. Behavioral Questions. STAR Method.

Interview Question – What is the biggest change in life you faced? & how you handled it?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GE in December 2008.

Interview Details Interview was very smooth, targets the basic knowledge instead of tool knowledge and it was not an interview but went like a discussion for one and half an hour

Interview Question – When a plate with hole heated will the hole increase the diameter or reduce the diameter?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – I was joined as fresher so no negotiations done fixed salary for fresher and the benefits

Schenectady, NY (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at GE in June 2012.

Interview Details A recruiter contacted me about the position since I am currently employed and not looking. He did a short screening with me and then I had to "apply" online. After that he sent me questions via email and had me answer them and then another phone interview with him. My answers to both the email questions and the phone screening were then sent to the hiring manager.

A couple of days later the recruiter called me back to say that the hiring manager wanted to have phone interview with me. Phone inteview with hiring manager was 30 minutes and he invited me on site for an interview.

The onsite interview was a full day of interviews starting at 11am and going past 5pm. Each hour was with a different person and one interview was during lunch (eat, talk, answer questions). Everyone was very nice, engaging, bright and focused. I personally had a great time meeting with everyone and discussing the vision and direction of the business.

No questions were out of the ordinary, the typical what are your strengths, weaknesses, greatest accomplishment, how would your supervisor describe you, are you techincal enough for the position and how so, etc. In the first interview he had me grab the dry erase pen and go up to the white board and in 8 minutes teach him about something.

Interview Question – Grab the dry erase marker and go up to the white board, in the next 8 minutes teach me about something, anything.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Engineer interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.