GE

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheltenham, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheltenham, England

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at GE in September 2008.

phone interview first
then skills tests and IQ
then 1 to 1 session with presentation in front of a panel
background check were happening in the background
negotiation was done remotely and wasn't very flexible especially on the salary

Interview Questions
  • describe a situation where you did not have the full picture/information but you had to take an important decision anyway   Answer Question
  • how old are you   Answer Question
none

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

I was contacted and asked to first complete a questionnaire - mostly behavioural.
    A week after I had a telephonic interview with that manager - behavioural
    A week after that I had a one on one interview still with the same manager - technical/ behavioural
    2 weeks after that I had a Skype interview with the manager from Chicago - technical/ behavioural
    1 week after that interview I had another telephonic interview with the HR from the UK - behavioural

It was almost 2 months before I received an offer from GE, however its still contingent to my fingerprint testing being clear.

You also have to send in all documents, certificates, references and a thorough background check is done.

The interviews are simple but you must have many examples and situations to discuss. The people were exceptionally friendly as well.

The salary offered was good but I requested a review/ negotiation for the possibility of a better package.

No one ever asked me about my desired salary or knew my current salary - only after the HR interview was I given a form to fill to stipulate my desired salary.

Interview Questions
    • All questions started with "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question
    I am currently negotiating. received the offer but sent an email through to ask if the offer could be reviewed as it was very close to current. They said it should be another 2 weeks before I know.

Engineer Interview

Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at GE.

long, but not difficult

Interview Questions
    • most questions were behavioural. typical questions, nothing you cannot prepare for.... "tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker"   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at GE.

Campus Hiring Process.
    1. First round of written exam which included aptitude and technical questionnaire.
    2. 1 Technical round done by the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes.
    3. 1 HR interview that lasted for about 30 minutes.
    Written examination is used as a screening procedure to weed out the weak candidates and to give the top candidates enough time to interview. Technical round was probably the deciding round as the HR round was more like standard STAR questions which were easy to tackle.

Interview Questions
    • All technical questions were based on fundamentals and problem solving approach.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as I got the offer through campus placement.

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE.

A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in July 2011.

Hiring process was very tedious ,so many forms to fill .
    3 levels of interview 1 telephonic and 1techinical and 1 HR

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate,

Engineer Interview

4 interviews in one day. Behavioral Questions. STAR Method.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest change in life you faced? & how you handled it?   Answer Question

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!