GE

601 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Placement Interview

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details 20 minute Telephone interview just to get a feel of who you are, your interests etc.
Assessment centre afterwards, series of face to face interviews and a group exercise

Interview Question – How would you weigh a plane   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details My initial application was for a different role. I was contacted by phone and was asked to apply for another role that could fit my cv. I had interviews scheduled shortly, with HR and senior manager, and got my offer very quickly (on my way back home got a phone call to let me know that the I would have received an email with a salary proposal in 1 week).

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions...no technical questions since I had no experience in the specific sector.   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details After submitting an application on the GE careers website, I heard back not long after the deadline had passed inviting me to an phone interview at my convenience. Phone interview took just less than 40 minutes and was friendly and straight forward, there was no trick questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you differentiated yourself in a group project?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you didn't think a project would be completed on time.   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Not very easy process, not feedback at all and don´t respond any email.

Interview Question – why I should not hire you?   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

Bristol, England

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details I did a telephone interview a week ago. The interview went for 40 minutes and it was based on competency behavioural questions. For example, describe a time when you influence a people/ or group? what is your major accomplishment? why GE? Why this specific role ?
overall, the questions were easy and expected.

I received an email after 3 hours that I have been successful and invited to the next stage, assessment centre, which should be on January/February 2014.

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation, clear offer and conditions from the beginning

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Birmingham, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at GE in September 2011.

Interview Details Friendly, informal but highly technical interview

Interview Question – Too many to list or remember anymore!   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Interview Details Consists of a telephone interview followed by an assessment center. AC runs for a whole days and you will be asked to prepare a presentation, go through a role-play, 2 face-to-face interviews with 2 sets of people, psychometric testing and a group activity. Be yourself and you should be okay - they are told to keep their eyes out to see if anyone's being too over-powering during the group activity - they hate that.

Interview Question – Do you think you are a better fit than all the other candidates you met today? If so, why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Senior Consultant - GE Healthcare Performance Solutions Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Initial Contact from GE Healthcare HR representative. Basic expectations discussed (working location, % work travel, salay expectations). After this, I was informed that I met their criteria and was asked to attend an interview with a senior consulting manager.

Face-to-face Interview with senior consulting manager was arranged. Started with giving a summary of my working background. I was asked why I left my former employer, which was a sensitive subject. I answered with a detailed and truthful account. The interviewer responded by informing me that he had researched the cirumstances of my departure from the previous job and that he was grateful I was candid with him. A technical question followed which was around how to approach a potential consulting client. Further questions included 'fit' questions (why consulting? why GE? which business areas are you most interested in?). Finished with me asking questions to the interviewer regarding GE.

Have since been informed I will be asked to attend a 2nd round interview at the GE assessment centre, which will involve a presentation, some group work and perhaps further face-to-face interviews.

Interview Question – How would you approach a client from a consulting services perspective? How would you value a performance improvement project / initiative?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details I had an initial application which involved a covering letter and a CV. Then I completed a phone interview, with questions about my motivation and my knowledge of the money lending sector. Then i completed an assessment centre which involved an interview, 3 group activities, a chance to meet current interns and an individual excersise. The process is easy to follow and the feedback is helpful.

Interview Question – How many TV's do you think were sold in the UK last year?   View Answer

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Online application
Phone interview
Assessment Center

Interview Question – Pretty simple questions just need to know team work related answers really well.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE interview questions and advice. All 601 interview reviews are posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.