GE

Updated 27 Sep 2014

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Towcester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towcester, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2014.

I was called after applying directly to GE on their website. I was asked what about GE attracted me to apply and was told after that I would get a call within two weeks. The following week I was invited to a (first) face-to-face interview with an Engineering Manager and Design Engineer at GE Intelligent Platforms. The interview process consisted of a number of questions about me, and some technical questions. The interview lasted about an hour. A third person, a mechanical engineer at GE, was also present. I found the interviewers to be friendly, and it was never intimidating at any point. It was a difficult interview, but a useful one, I found.

Interview Questions
    • I was presented with a number of technical questions on heat sinks. The questions involved some fluid dynamics, manufacturing, and basic mechanics.   Answer Question

GE Oil & Gas Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sheffield, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Competed online application. Few days later had a surprise phone call from one of their recruitment team, we chatted for about fifteen minutes about myself, my degree course, why i was interested, basic stuff really, at the end of the conversation she invited me for a face to face interview. Face to face interview was arranged for the following week. Interview panel consisted of one HR manager, regional manager and one other manager. They asked me to tell them about myself, why I was interested, what I thought the job would ask of me, what I knew about the business area. Then came the more difficult questions which were to be answered with relevant examples; when have you had to deal with a difficult person, when have you made a mistake and had to rectify it, have you ever had a disagreement within a team and how did you resolve this, give an example of a time you have gone above and beyond what is required of you. There were other questions but i can't quite remember them,

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you have gone above and beyond what is required of you? I was not prepared for this so had to make it up on the fly.   Answer Question

Human Resources Internship Interview

Telephone interview: Questions related to interest in HR and the company. No unexpected question, just basic competency ones.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

My initial application was for a different role. I was contacted by phone and was asked to apply for another role that could fit my cv. I had interviews scheduled shortly, with HR and senior manager, and got my offer very quickly (on my way back home got a phone call to let me know that the I would have received an email with a salary proposal in 1 week).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions...no technical questions since I had no experience in the specific sector.   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

20 minute Telephone interview just to get a feel of who you are, your interests etc.
    Assessment centre afterwards, series of face to face interviews and a group exercise

No negotiation

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

After submitting an application on the GE careers website, I heard back not long after the deadline had passed inviting me to an phone interview at my convenience. Phone interview took just less than 40 minutes and was friendly and straight forward, there was no trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • How have you differentiated yourself in a group project?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you didn't think a project would be completed on time.   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Not very easy process, not feedback at all and don´t respond any email.

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

I applied online - interviewed at GE.

I did a telephone interview a week ago. The interview went for 40 minutes and it was based on competency behavioural questions. For example, describe a time when you influence a people/ or group? what is your major accomplishment? why GE? Why this specific role ?
    overall, the questions were easy and expected.

I received an email after 3 hours that I have been successful and invited to the next stage, assessment centre, which should be on January/February 2014.

no room for negotiation, clear offer and conditions from the beginning

Senior Consultant - GE Healthcare Performance Solutions Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Initial Contact from GE Healthcare HR representative. Basic expectations discussed (working location, % work travel, salay expectations). After this, I was informed that I met their criteria and was asked to attend an interview with a senior consulting manager.

Face-to-face Interview with senior consulting manager was arranged. Started with giving a summary of my working background. I was asked why I left my former employer, which was a sensitive subject. I answered with a detailed and truthful account. The interviewer responded by informing me that he had researched the cirumstances of my departure from the previous job and that he was grateful I was candid with him. A technical question followed which was around how to approach a potential consulting client. Further questions included 'fit' questions (why consulting? why GE? which business areas are you most interested in?). Finished with me asking questions to the interviewer regarding GE.

Have since been informed I will be asked to attend a 2nd round interview at the GE assessment centre, which will involve a presentation, some group work and perhaps further face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a client from a consulting services perspective? How would you value a performance improvement project / initiative?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

I had an initial application which involved a covering letter and a CV. Then I completed a phone interview, with questions about my motivation and my knowledge of the money lending sector. Then i completed an assessment centre which involved an interview, 3 group activities, a chance to meet current interns and an individual excersise. The process is easy to follow and the feedback is helpful.

Interview Questions
    • How many TV's do you think were sold in the UK last year?   View Answer

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!