GE

780 interviews

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Towcester, England
    Anonymous Employee in Towcester, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2014.

I was called after applying directly to GE on their website. I was asked what about GE attracted me to apply and was told after that I would get a call within two weeks. The following week I was invited to a (first) face-to-face interview with an Engineering Manager and Design Engineer at GE Intelligent Platforms. The interview process consisted of a number of questions about me, and some technical questions. The interview lasted about an hour. A third person, a mechanical engineer at GE, was also present. I found the interviewers to be friendly, and it was never intimidating at any point. It was a difficult interview, but a useful one, I found.

Interview Questions
    • I was presented with a number of technical questions on heat sinks. The questions involved some fluid dynamics, manufacturing, and basic mechanics.   Answer Question

GE Oil & Gas Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sheffield, England
    Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Competed online application. Few days later had a surprise phone call from one of their recruitment team, we chatted for about fifteen minutes about myself, my degree course, why i was interested, basic stuff really, at the end of the conversation she invited me for a face to face interview. Face to face interview was arranged for the following week. Interview panel consisted of one HR manager, regional manager and one other manager. They asked me to tell them about myself, why I was interested, what I thought the job would ask of me, what I knew about the business area. Then came the more difficult questions which were to be answered with relevant examples; when have you had to deal with a difficult person, when have you made a mistake and had to rectify it, have you ever had a disagreement within a team and how did you resolve this, give an example of a time you have gone above and beyond what is required of you. There were other questions but i can't quite remember them,

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you have gone above and beyond what is required of you? I was not prepared for this so had to make it up on the fly.   Answer Question

Human Resources Internship Interview

Telephone interview: Questions related to interest in HR and the company. No unexpected question, just basic competency ones.

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

My initial application was for a different role. I was contacted by phone and was asked to apply for another role that could fit my cv. I had interviews scheduled shortly, with HR and senior manager, and got my offer very quickly (on my way back home got a phone call to let me know that the I would have received an email with a salary proposal in 1 week).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions...no technical questions since I had no experience in the specific sector.   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

20 minute Telephone interview just to get a feel of who you are, your interests etc.
    Assessment centre afterwards, series of face to face interviews and a group exercise

No negotiation

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

After submitting an application on the GE careers website, I heard back not long after the deadline had passed inviting me to an phone interview at my convenience. Phone interview took just less than 40 minutes and was friendly and straight forward, there was no trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • How have you differentiated yourself in a group project?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you didn't think a project would be completed on time.   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Not very easy process, not feedback at all and don´t respond any email.

Risk Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at GE.

I did a telephone interview a week ago. The interview went for 40 minutes and it was based on competency behavioural questions. For example, describe a time when you influence a people/ or group? what is your major accomplishment? why GE? Why this specific role ?
    overall, the questions were easy and expected.

I received an email after 3 hours that I have been successful and invited to the next stage, assessment centre, which should be on January/February 2014.

no room for negotiation, clear offer and conditions from the beginning

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at GE in September 2011.

Friendly, informal but highly technical interview

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Consists of a telephone interview followed by an assessment center. AC runs for a whole days and you will be asked to prepare a presentation, go through a role-play, 2 face-to-face interviews with 2 sets of people, psychometric testing and a group activity. Be yourself and you should be okay - they are told to keep their eyes out to see if anyone's being too over-powering during the group activity - they hate that.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you are a better fit than all the other candidates you met today? If so, why?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!