GE Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015
Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.9

Finance Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

Sent CV and cover Letter - replied Fast
    Complete online scenario based questions - Replied slower
    Telephone interview - said interview would be in a two period from the 28th of march asked when i was free. Then sent me a email saying the interview was on the 18th of march,with two days notice.
    Face to face interview - Didn't get this far

Interview Questions

• What makes GE different ? What do you know about GE? Then to STAR questions Tell me about a time in a team and when you learnt something knew ?   Answer Question

Product Quality Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

Interview

1. Cover Letter and CV
    2. Situation Judgement Tests
    3. Telephone Interview
    Telephone interview was relaxed and quite conversational. After confirming who I was and what I was applying to I was asked a number of motivational and competency based questions. I was also asked to explain my proficiency in a couple of software packages and how I prepared for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Why GE? Why Product Quality? Tell me about a time you learnt a new system? Describe your Microsoft Capabilities.   Answer Question

Commercial Operations 12 Month Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Very positive experience, I applied online, in a few days there was an invitation to complete 3 online assessments and after that an invitation to telephone interview. During the telephone interview all the expected things were asked, why I chose this position, what I know about GE and its values, to describe one of my strenghts etc. Generally having seen the reviews on here I was prepared for everything, nothing came out of the blue and I found it relatively easy. The interviewer was very friendly as well. I was sent an email that I was shortlisted for face to face interviews, so the application process hasn't completed yet.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GE in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online with a CV and cover letter then after passing that stage completed an online assessment which asked me how I would deal with certain situations in the work place. Following this I had a telephone interview, got short listed for a face to face interview which I am currently awaiting.

Interview Questions

• Competency's in Microsoft packages and any other software and a time when I have had to learn something new under time constraints.   Answer Question

Financial Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to do a situational judgement online test. I had a competency based telephone interview afterwards that lasted for about 30 minutes. Questions asked were things like: why Ge? Why this program? Example of a time you taught yourself something in a short time.

Interview Questions

I am yet to get feedback

12 Month Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

Interview

Following online test completion, I was invited for a telephone interview. It consisted of both competency based and motivational questions. The first confirmed who you were, the post you were applying for, year of uni etc. Then asked questions regarding why you wanted to work for GE, why this role. Also asked a few competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• learning a new skill/system in a short period of time.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

Interview

There are 4 stages to the whole job application:
    1.application 2.online test- consists of 3 separate test, based on a multiple choice format.
    3.the phone interview
    They will tell you via Email if you have been successful.
    The phone interview questions were not that difficult, but have a good example prepared.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe your microsft skill (try and give examples)
      Second
      2.why did you apply to GE?
      3. What motivated you to apply for the legal intern position?
      4. Tell me a time when you took part in a challenging project and the challenges you faced?
      5. Tell me a time when you learnt something new?

You must give examples in STAR approach.
      It's an easy going intreview

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

Interview

online application, online personality test, invite to a phone interview, short list for face-to-face interview, told they wanted to see me in person where I would possibly be working. good at telling you if you got to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• backgrund research on the company. 2 questions about past experience, what you learnt ect.   Answer Question

Financial Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

I had to submit a CV and covering letter and a few online questions. I was informed that I got through to the next stage and I had to do three online situational tests, which were pretty straightforward. I was offered a telephone interview. It was in three parts (general questions, motivational questions and competency questions). The questions were as follows:

1) What degree are you doing? Where would be your preferred location? Are you available to start working between June and August 2015? Are you proficient at Word, Excel and Powerpoint?

2) Why do you want to work at GE? Why have you chosen the Financial Risk Programme? What have you learnt about GE? Who are our main competitors?

3) Talk about a time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you overcome it? What were your aims? What was the feedback you got from this?

Talk about a time when you taught yourself a new language or skill. How did you go about doing this?

Interview Questions

• Who are GE's main competitors? I literally had no clue how to answer this question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

(I have got through to the next phase, I don't know the final outcome yet)

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Interview

The call was a typical phone interview. Questions were motivational, as the explanation of my choice toward GE, and competency based, for instance my degree of knowledge of Microsoft Office package. The final par of the interview encompassed the decriptionof two situations in which I demonstrated leadership, and another one of me facing time constraints in learning a new task.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you were facing something completely new, or you had to learn something, and there was shortage of time.   Answer Question