GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

GE Oil & Gas Intern Interview

GE Oil & Gas Intern
Sheffield, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Interview Details Competed online application. Few days later had a surprise phone call from one of their recruitment team, we chatted for about fifteen minutes about myself, my degree course, why i was interested, basic stuff really, at the end of the conversation she invited me for a face to face interview. Face to face interview was arranged for the following week. Interview panel consisted of one HR manager, regional manager and one other manager. They asked me to tell them about myself, why I was interested, what I thought the job would ask of me, what I knew about the business area. Then came the more difficult questions which were to be answered with relevant examples; when have you had to deal with a difficult person, when have you made a mistake and had to rectify it, have you ever had a disagreement within a team and how did you resolve this, give an example of a time you have gone above and beyond what is required of you. There were other questions but i can't quite remember them,

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you have gone above and beyond what is required of you? I was not prepared for this so had to make it up on the fly.   Answer Question

Human Resources Internship Interview

Human Resources Internship

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Telephone interview: Questions related to interest in HR and the company. No unexpected question, just basic competency ones.

Very Easy Interview

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details My initial application was for a different role. I was contacted by phone and was asked to apply for another role that could fit my cv. I had interviews scheduled shortly, with HR and senior manager, and got my offer very quickly (on my way back home got a phone call to let me know that the I would have received an email with a salary proposal in 1 week).

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions...no technical questions since I had no experience in the specific sector.   Answer Question

Finance Placement Interview

Finance Placement

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details 20 minute Telephone interview just to get a feel of who you are, your interests etc.
Assessment centre afterwards, series of face to face interviews and a group exercise

Interview Question – How would you weigh a plane   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details After submitting an application on the GE careers website, I heard back not long after the deadline had passed inviting me to an phone interview at my convenience. Phone interview took just less than 40 minutes and was friendly and straight forward, there was no trick questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you differentiated yourself in a group project?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you didn't think a project would be completed on time.   Answer Question

Leadership Program Interview

Leadership Program

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Not very easy process, not feedback at all and don´t respond any email.

Interview Question – why I should not hire you?   Answer Question

Risk Management Intern Interview

Risk Management Intern
Bristol, England

I applied online and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details I did a telephone interview a week ago. The interview went for 40 minutes and it was based on competency behavioural questions. For example, describe a time when you influence a people/ or group? what is your major accomplishment? why GE? Why this specific role ?
overall, the questions were easy and expected.

I received an email after 3 hours that I have been successful and invited to the next stage, assessment centre, which should be on January/February 2014.

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation, clear offer and conditions from the beginning

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Birmingham, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at GE in September 2011.

Interview Details Friendly, informal but highly technical interview

Interview Question – Too many to list or remember anymore!   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Interview Details Consists of a telephone interview followed by an assessment center. AC runs for a whole days and you will be asked to prepare a presentation, go through a role-play, 2 face-to-face interviews with 2 sets of people, psychometric testing and a group activity. Be yourself and you should be okay - they are told to keep their eyes out to see if anyone's being too over-powering during the group activity - they hate that.

Interview Question – Do you think you are a better fit than all the other candidates you met today? If so, why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Senior Consultant - GE Healthcare Performance Solutions Interview

Senior Consultant - GE Healthcare Performance Solutions

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Initial Contact from GE Healthcare HR representative. Basic expectations discussed (working location, % work travel, salay expectations). After this, I was informed that I met their criteria and was asked to attend an interview with a senior consulting manager.

Face-to-face Interview with senior consulting manager was arranged. Started with giving a summary of my working background. I was asked why I left my former employer, which was a sensitive subject. I answered with a detailed and truthful account. The interviewer responded by informing me that he had researched the cirumstances of my departure from the previous job and that he was grateful I was candid with him. A technical question followed which was around how to approach a potential consulting client. Further questions included 'fit' questions (why consulting? why GE? which business areas are you most interested in?). Finished with me asking questions to the interviewer regarding GE.

Have since been informed I will be asked to attend a 2nd round interview at the GE assessment centre, which will involve a presentation, some group work and perhaps further face-to-face interviews.

Interview Question – How would you approach a client from a consulting services perspective? How would you value a performance improvement project / initiative?   Answer Question

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!