GEICO

Average Difficulty
604 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GEICO in May 2014.

Interview Details Like always you first have to apply for the position. If the HR department likes your resume, a representative will sent you an email. From their its really a step process. After excepting the email, they will contact you and go into detail the position. If you except then they will ask you to take an online exam that focuses on memory retention, and personality. If you pass then they will set up a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview the next step is to meet with them face to face for another interview. In this interview you will be asked question on why you want to work with them. Have you ever dealt with a difficult client and how you resolved it. If your boss has ever given you constructive criticism and how did you respond? What attributes do you have for the job, or what transferrable skills are related to the position? Easy- excellent customer service. The interview can go from 30 min to an hour.
If answered in a way that your previous jobs somewhat relate to what you do, you will be good. If you pass this interview questioner in person, and they like your answers you will be asked to return a different day to do a role play. As you have read from others, this is the true interview. The final step on either getting an offer or not. When you go back they will give you a fake company that handles claims but not cars. Keep in mind you are being timed, they want to see how your customer service skills are and if you buckle under the given situation.

Interview Question – Don't let those nerves get to you on the role play or you will fail?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details I didn't complete the process. I received a job offer for the same position with a different carrier with a much higher starting pay.

Nonetheless, applied online. Got a generic email afterwards. Phone interview, then an online test I had to complete with 24 hours. Scheduled for an in-person interview at a hotel? Then if they liked me, I would have to come back to the hotel and take a 2-3 hour test. The hotel location was NOT near me at all and I'd have to miss two days at work...why not allow both on the same day? Also, why a hotel? That's just super weird to me. Sounds like I'm just #934 out of #4293 when they told me that.

I told them I received a job offer with higher pay. They told me the salary after the first year, still 1.2k less than my offer so I passed.

I've worked with alot of Geico inside adjusters and the AD training is very good. However, all Geico claims are overworked.

Emergency Roadside Services Interview

Emergency Roadside Services

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Interview Details The hiring process wasn't to bad, they were all very nice. It is very nerve racking and long though. 1st- You take a computer test that is long. I thought I did terrible on it the whole time but I apparently did perfectly fine on it. So then you have an interview with someone asking you what your strengths and weaknesses are and what you think will prepare you for this job. 3rd- You do a mock call center test where you get 30 minutes to look over a couple of papers they give you and they call you and pretend to be stranded and you do this 3 times and then talk to the person then you get scheduled with the actual hiring manager and its just a normal interview.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult part was the mock call center. I just have never done anything like that, and it was nerve racking   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

Interview Details Everything seemed really rushed for me. The day after I applied I was called and had to do 2 phone interviews. The next day I was called and asked to take an assessment test. I passed and was called again. I was asked to drive to Katy (about an hour away without traffic) during my normal work schedule to do a "Role Play Scenario." They sit you in a small room and give you about 35 sheets of information, 2 "customer" folders, you're made to listen to a tape and take notes WHILE answering the phone, having "customers" come into the room, and reading material. There is no preparation. I was told "as long as you can negotiate and your customer skills are great you should have no problem." I actually felt I did great, but never received a call back or email even telling me I did not get the position.

Interview Question – They will ask the same questions, but reword them. It's basically all just tied into customer service and/or negotiations.   Answer Question

Auto Service Representative Interview

Auto Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details Multi-level interview. Consists of numerous tests and evaluations, such as a timed typing assessment (easy) which measures multi-tasking, a test that gauges how rule-oriented you are, and a simulation of upselling to a customer. Be prepared to mention every leadership opportunity you ever had and have anecdotes prepared for how you overcame adversity, changed another persons mind, or resolved a dilemma. Also be ready to advise that GEICO is your long-term goal.

Interview Question – Provide a specific scenario where you received negative feedback and how it was utilized to better yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate, but if you graduated with a four year degree, that is taken into consideration.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Claims Service Representative
Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Interview Details very lengthy they get in no hurry, have you coming back several different days, seems like a lot of people are being interviewed. They are not very friendly and very matter of fact

Interview Question – how did you deal with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Liability Claims Representative
Woodbury, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GEICO in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, within a day I got a call to schedule a phone interview. The Phone interview were mainly just basic questions on your work history and some school questions. Very basic. Then we scheduled another interview for face to face with the recruiter, and some assessment tests. If you do fine on the test you will speak with the recruiter, the question are roughly the same as the phone but more in depth, be ready with examples on customer service that you've given in the past.

After all the initial interviews....yes, I know its a long process....but it will pay off. The next part you will meet two managers, they will ask you questions that the recruiter asked you. So if you can remember them after the initial interviews, try to make them better, short and to the point. Also some possible questions on leadership skills. Mainly questions about past leadership roles that you've had. Be careful...they will go in depth and need specific answers. So also brush up on your past leadership experiences. Then the Role-play part begins!!! 40 mins of you acting like a Rep. answering calls from employees that call you and see how empathetic you are and how much you can write down. Always answer with a smile, it will help. If you do well congrats, after another talk with the Manager you will get an offer. Hardest part is the Role-play. Be ready and Good luck!

Interview Question – How you think you will do in a goal-oriented environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no neg

Claims Service Representative Interview

Claims Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at GEICO.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process went fast for me, but only because my training class started in 3 weeks and they needed to rush for my background check. Other employees in my same training class advised me that their interview process took a couple months, because they kept filing up their spots after they were offered the position. The interview process is very extensive. It is typically a 6 step process to get hired for the position (steps 3-6 must be done on site at the office, separate appointment times, but they will work with your schedule).

1. Submit Online Application
2. Personality Assessment
3. Phone Interview
4. Computer Assessment Test (To see if you can multi-task)
5. Role-Play Assessment For The Particular Position
6. Final Interview (With Department Manager)

Then if offered, they will conduct a credit check, background check & a drug test, which also takes another week.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, Take it or leave it. They can hire the next younger person for the same money or less.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Interview Details I initially started the interview process a year ago. 1st I completed a phone assessment with a recruiter, the I completed a phone interview. After completion of the phone interview I was schedule to do a mock scene scenario. Two things they were looking for were customer service skills & negotiation. I didn't get past this round and was never offered the job. 8 months later I was called in again by a recruiter. She stated I was a great candidate and if I was still interested in the position. She then rescheduled my mock scene scenario and gave me some helpful pointers. I redo this part of the process on Wednesday, in which she stated I could be offered a job if I do well!

Interview Question – Was the mock scene scenario intense?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at GEICO in July 2014.

Interview Details Hiring process was farely easy. I was called for my phone interview and from that point on, it was smooth sailing. The recruiters as well as interviewers were very eager to answer any questions that I may have had. There was the assesment not hard at all. Right after that, I headed on to my interview. The next few steps were a breeze and I look forward to working with this wonderful company.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!