GEICO

Updated 20 Nov 2014
Updated 20 Nov 2014

3.2

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

I have applied twice to Geico. The first time I was fresh out of college and wasn't well prepared.This time I applied for the claims representative position because I felt it would be a better fit for me. I did some background research and thought I'd have it in the bag, but still no.

I applied on a friday and got a call Tuesday morning that I missed. When I called back she pulled up my file and started the phone interview. Simple questions like ,"Why did you choose the claims position?" and "What is your ultimate career goal". Pretty much everything that I have prepared for. The only question that caught me off guard was, "What have you done to prepare for this position? It is fast paced, requires multi tasking...what have you done?". I sheepishly answered about having to multi task and take on a lot in college.

All in all I think I did good, but got the infamous, "We'll have a hiring manager review your file and contact you soon". It is pretty apparent that this is the kiss of death and is what I also got last time I had applied. I don't know what I could have done better to move on to the next step of the process. If they by some chance call or email me to do the testing I will update.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done to prepare you for this kind of position?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Please review previous post for details regarding the interview process. It is definitely one of the more challenging interview processes I have been a part of. I will say, if you plan on applying for the position and do not read about the process, you are doing a great disservice to yourself.

Time frame took about 3-4 weeks:

1) 30 min. Phone Interview: General interview about interests in the position, previous experiences, background. Explained the training process, reviewed any questions or concerns.

2) Timed Comprehensive Test: I thought this was a pretty easy test. Logic and Analytical questions, as well as, spatial relations. Only weird part is they have you call and put the phone down with them on mute as they are "administering" the test.

3) 1 hour Phone Interview: Another phone interview with an HR recruiter more in depth and specific, STAR model questions and answers.

4) Face to Face Interview approx. 1 hour: it was nearly identical to the previous 1 Hour phone interview except it was with a Supervisor in the area I was applying for.

4.5) They had time to squeeze in the Role Play into this face to face interview approx 2 hr: Refer to previous comments for more details. Essentially, you're put into a room, CD plays reading to you the papers that you are given. Just read them and pull out sheets that have "essential" info to the role play. (Use common sense, there are a lot of papers but there are a few that have things like warranty timeframes and deductibles for the role play). Employees come in and call your cell phone to give you information and you have to fill out forms for about 4 claims that you are "working" and "inherited" from a co-worker on vacation. I believe the way you treat the "customers" is whats important. You will get an angry body shop worker thats upset with your estimate, just negotiate, and stay cool. Greet every person you speak with respectfully and "put them at ease". Pretend its the real job.

5) Final Face to Face 1 hour: This part may be unique to my interview, but upon completion of the Role Play, I was told by the supervisor I did a great job, and he wanted me to meet with one more person. The person was the District Manager. Had another face to face interview, very casual. Pretty conversational. DM was very honest, said he did really get to read my files yet, so did so while I was there. Went over my previous positions, goals, and ambitions with the company. After about 45 mins, he offered me the position on the spot. Negotiations took place, and I accepted.

6) Offer was contingent with a passing Drug test and Background check.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done, based on previous insurance and claims related experience, I was able to negotiate a higher than entry salary.

Product Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Applied through college recruiting and was asked to take a questionnaire regarding various background experiences and project based questions. A couple of days later I was asked to take an assessment given through Excel. You were given two hours to complete this, and there were some insurance related questions, in which I had no prior experience with. Almost immediately after completing the assessment I was invited to talk with a current PMA. It was mostly behavioral and wouldn't worry too much about this round. About 3 or 4 days later I was emailed for an invitation for a final round at their HQ. I would highly highly recommend that you literally research everything about GEICO because they will ask you about the most random history of the company. Like literally, if you actually want this you need to be able to spit out random and useless facts which in my opinion was really dumb. During the actual on site interview I had 4 interviews with a lunch in the cafeteria with current analysts. One of the interviews you have a manager that goes over the assessment with you in detail. LISTEN AND TAKE NOTES. Because in another interview they WILL ask you questions regarding insurance terms. Next you will have an interview with two VP's within Product Management. This is what really turned me off and when one person wanted the most minute details regarding GEICO which was really unnecessary. In addition she was really unprofessional and mean when I didn't have the level of detail she wanted to hear and immediately told me I didn't get the position. Thus I felt that much of my day was wasted and even if it had gone well, I would never in a million years have took it because of her unprofessional actions.

Interview Questions
    • Just research the company. Additionally they expect you to know insurance terms which was not communicated forth to me.   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Long process. Applied a year and a half ago, got to point of role play but had to drop out before the interview for personal reasons. That was 2 months. Reapplied last month and was able to skip the computer test part but still did phone interview and one on one interview. All basic standard interview process. Then I had the role play today. Wow.
    If you don't pass this, you really shouldn't get the job. It was hard. You are basically given a pretend job with a half hour of directions and an hour and s half Tom"work". You deal with "customers" on the phone and in person, you fill out paperwork, and you organize your day based on appointments and a map. Organizational skills are mandatory and you need to be able to remember A LOT of information. They collect all your notes and forms at the end then grade them somehow. If you pass, I think you'll get the job. I worked really hard, I sweated a lot, smiled and did the customer service thing, and think I did ok- I truly dont know though whether I will I get an offer. I'll update as I find out

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Claims Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

I was chosen to interview from campus recruiting. There were quite a few steps. There were two phone interviews, an in-person interview/testing, and a final interview. Honestly, I thought it was a little excessive. The testing isn't very difficult, but it can be a little confusing especially with all of the paperwork. They chose to offer me the position and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty much all behavioral. The most difficult part is the simulation/testing.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They offer you a specific number and you either take it or don't.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

The descriptions of the interview process here are generally correct. I made it through the first level of the interview process and took the reading comprehension and spacial relations test remotely from my home by computer. I got the sense that I did reasonably well on these parts of the process and the person who administered the test seemed to confirm this. I was told that another person in HR would be evaluating my application and that GEICO would be getting back to me several days later. Unfortunately I received a generic rejection email stating that my background did not meet their current needs. It acknowledged that I might be curious as to the reasons why they were not interested but stated that it was company policy not to disclose these reasons. It indicated that I could apply to GEICO again after six months.

Interview Questions
    • The tests had more questions that I could answer. Beyond this, I do not wish to go into detail as I made an undertaking concerning confidentiality before I took the test.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Pretty much applied then recieved a email the following day to set up a phone interview then they ask you to come in if they think you are a fit for Geico for pre employment.

Interview Questions
    You would basically do your best and know gow to multi task

Management Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I had about four total interviews that all went through essentially the same questions each time. There was also a computer test which was really easy unless you have an IQ of 50 or less. I also completed a role playing assessment which I nailed since I had already been through this process 10 years ago and it was the exact same scenario in the role play. The recruited seemed like a nice guy and even up until the end told me that I was almost certain to be hired since I had done the job previously. I was also told this by the local management team that administered the role play assessment. The final interview was a phone interview with the regional director, regional manager, and the director of the manager development program. They asked the same questions I was asked on the previous interviews. The regional manager wasn't even paying attention during the interview as you could clearly hear him carrying on a conversation in between putting his phone on mute. A few days later, I got a generic email that I was not offered the position. The recruiter left me a message that he was in shock and offered me a job where I would need to move to a rural area 4 hours away, but I would need to do one more interview. No thanks. GEICO does not give a you know what about its employees anyway and is only concerned about being the low cost *coughCHEAPcough* provider. I'm probably better off.

MDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO.

Phone screen and then in person interview with testing and personality assessment, Panel interview with RVP, AVP, and other management. Standard style interview. 3 interviews for overall process.panel interview includes a presentation on what leadership means to you and must be 15 minutes or shorter.

Interview Questions
    • None all were pretty standard. Prepare your experiences so that you can answer their questions   View Answer
    Non- negotiable

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Entire process took about 3-4 weeks, started an application online which resulted in a 20 min phone call interview. After the interview I was emailed a link for a timed test online...which i passed and moved on to the on site interview/assessment test with role playing involved... Granted it is very difficult and they put a lot of pressure on you.... But if you are suited for the this job you will pass this test...Geico is sending you off for 3 months of training flight/hotel/transportation covered...nothing wrong with assuring their investment doesn't go to waste. After I passed the test i came back to the Geico office to have an interview with the HR hiring Manager who asked me a series of questions about experience and why I applied for this job, pretty straight forward. After I left i got a call about an hour later saying I got the Job... i went back for background check/drug test/ credit check...

Interview Questions
    Straight forward $40k starting and you move up after training depending on your performance in the field.