GameStop Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 12, 2014

1.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in November 2011.

Interview was about 45 minutes with a district manager. Talked about previous experience and why I wanted to work for the company. Easy interview. Company is pretty cool after all and fun. You get lots of freebies. Just be confident and really want the job and you will get it.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GameStop in November 2012.

The interviews were pretty simple. we were interviewed at a bench outside the mall, and they asked me various questions about my job history and why I wanted the job. I was lucky and had tons of history working QA for various video game companies, so that really helped me out.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a type of ice cream, what type of ice cream would you be?   View Answer
    Negotiate? Ha ha, this was right after the mortgage crisis and I was paid minimum wage and happy to get it. Apparently HUNDREDS of people applied for the job. Ajob with maybe a dozen openings at various stores.

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alhambra, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at GameStop in October 2012.

Pretty basic. tell me about yourself, whats your favorite console, and what is your availability.
    if you get the interview.. chances are they will hire you...

no negotiation. salary starts at $8.50

Game Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in April 2009.

Interview was very unprofessional. I was told they were going to hire me anyways even before I interviewed

Simple, no negotiation on pay. They set pay for this position

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GameStop in February 2008.

It was an informal interview where I was brought to the back room and asked a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • The manager gave me a straw that was sitting on the table and asked me to sell him the straw.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in February 2009.

It was a very comfortable interview. They asked me questions about past experience, customer service, and selling experience. I was confident without being arrogant, and I always made sure I didn't go too long with y answers. Telling stories of previous job situations ang how they were handled helped them get a better picture of you.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw your boss do something questionable?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you had an angry customer? How did you handle it and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Compton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA (US)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in June 2009.

Not really much to say we were gathered into the back room. Most people wearing shirts half undone and jeans, some people dressed up. the interview itself was simple enough, ask a question, one by one we all answered going in counter clockwise circle, people heard the first persons answer and essentially repeated or started to play a weird game of telephone where the last persons answer is now about customer service when the initial question was about your favorite video game. the thing that struck me is the interviewers, commented on what a fine answer it was although they had originally asked the question, "whats your experience with video games? and what kind of games do you play?" and the answer goes from " GEARS OF WAR 2!", first person, "Well i would recommend gears of war ", says second person. "gears of war 2 is a great game but i would talk to the customer", says person 3, "fall out three..." says me, followed by a story about why i like video games. "customers are really important" says person too my right, and the last person ends on the note that without the customers we wouldn't have been here... i wanted to say something... i really did... but i was in an interview... anyways.. bout 2 hours and 4 stuttering people repeating how important customer service is later, end of the interview, and apparently we all did great. business cards for all, now we schedule a follow up interview.
    took time to talk to the manager and district manager, seeing as i had driven over night from san fran to long beach, about 500 some miles... to be at this interview... just back from vacation, cut it a little short to be there.. and i wanted to make sure he knew. he knew. he was appreciative.
    tried too schedule the second interview several, several times over the next week. and finally get a call 3 days later saying that they will schedule the interviews in a week. 3 weeks later im sitting here with no job, and not so much as a phone call. and any attempts of communication on this basis is lost to voice mail, and leaving messages with people.

maybe it takes longer though.

idk.

Interview Questions
    • Whats an experience you had, where you were dealing with an angry customer?   View Answer

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!