GameStop Sales Representative Interview Questions

1.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in September 2011.

Got the interview by dropping off an application form; a formal resume wasn't necessary. Got a call back within two weeks and scheduled the interview for the next day. The actual interview was very general, asking questions like what hours I can work, whether I can work xmas eve, what I liked/didn't like about my last job etc. After the interview, I got a call back within an hour and started my first shift in the same week.They were obviously looking for a sales person to hire, not a gamer per se. The gaming expertise is only going to make your job easier when it comes to customer service.

Other Interview Reviews for GameStop

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Powder Springs, Cobb, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powder Springs, Cobb, GA (US)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at GameStop in April 2009.

The interview overall went relatively well. They basically just want to make sure you know how to SELL video games, not just play them. The manager was a pretty nice guy, everyone was really east to get along with. Overall it was a good experience.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GameStop in February 2009.

The hiring process was actually rather difficult- within the first interview I was questioned about all of my interior knowledge about game companies/ hardware of the consoles for just a sales position! I recommend before applying- to do your research and make sure this is a job you'd be really good at!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I knew how the hardware of Xbox's and play stations differed. I knew somewhat- but not down to the technical parts!   Answer Question

I got offered the job, but declined because the transit was too long for the hourly pay.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at GameStop in November 2008.

Just to be sure that I got my interview, I applied in person every day for a week to make sure the employees got to know me. It ended up working out. the interview itself was relatively easy and casual. my interviewer admitted that it was his very first interview as well.

Interview Questions
    • if you saw a starving baby in the street, would you steal food to feed him?   Answer Question

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!