Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

It was quite easy, but hard at the same time depending on the questions I was asked. Think a lot about what you are wearing, your favourite item of clothing, etc. Won't hear back for a week or so whether i've got it or not.

Interview Questions

• Who is your style icon? What is your favourite item of clothing and why? What could you bring to our store? What did you learn from your previous job? why did you leave your previous job? They didn't ask that many personal questions. I had a phone interview before the one on one interview, where they asked about my availability, skills, if the hours of the contract suited me etc. The manager also asked me if I had any questions so it would be a good idea if you have a few questions prepared. I asked what it was like to work in Gap and he said he loved it but there are good days and bad days. Great experience overall. I havent yet been offered employment as the interview was only yesterday however I have to chose if I did.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Gap (Sheffield, England) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call for an interview a few weeks later and asked to come in. I was the first one they interviewed so I would recommend getting the first time slot they have. I was asked the standard interview questions, eg. What are your weaknesses? What do you know about GAP? How do you stay up to date with the latest fashions?
    Later on in the interview, I was asked "How would you sell this to a customer?". I had a scarf in my bag and asked if I could use it as a prop. They like very interactive, chatty people as customer is always first at GAP. Working at GAP, we were always asking people if they needed any help so try to be interactive like that.

Got a call back a week later and was offered a job and started my induction the next day!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wembley, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (Wembley, England) in April 2014.

Interview

My experience when interviewing for the gap was great. The Hiring manager was warm, friendly and welcoming. I was asked fun questions about fashion about my personality and to put together outfits. Overall the team seemed energetic, positive, and a young group working together to reach targets. As a graduate student looking for a part time job it was definitely a positive place to learn some different skills and have fun as well!

Interview Questions

• There was not really a difficult question. The most surprising task was to put together an outfit for a specific person and event.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (City of London, England) in September 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is generally three rounds, where first one is about telephonic interview. They ask you pretty generic questions, for me I thought they just called in to know if I spoke English well or not. Once that was done, they asked me to come to Gap for a Group discussion which is then succeeded by a 1:1 or sometimes 2:1 with manager(s).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not leave you much room for negotiation, but then at this position, I dont think you need to negotiate much at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

interviewed at Gap (London, England) in May 2011.

Interview

Group interview, had to go out in store and pick out an outfit for a customer that was described to us within a set budget.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

They gave me a call to schedule an interview at their Times Square location. I was already nervous as it was my first job but when I got there the manager seemed to be in such a bad mood and none of my answers seem to satisfy him.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Texas City, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Gap (Texas City, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very fast and smooth, got brought back to the break room and the interviewer simply asked about myself, my previous job experience and my expected hours and pay; really simple and easy interview!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Gap (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interview with GAP. My first interview with GAP is with the store that they got back to me about 2 days after I applied. I had the interview the next 2 days. There are the store manager and the Assistant manager interview me. They are very friendly and relax. They ask me some basic question and ask me to pick out the outfit and convince their to buy. I didn't get the job the first time. My second GAP at another location, this is one-one interview. She also very friendly and relax. She asked a few questions like the first interview. Both oF the interview is conservations. At the end of the interview. She said she will give her decision to the new manager ( because she move to another location) . After a week, I received the call to offer the job and ask if I can come to the Orientation on Sunday. I so excited to start working there

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      How you deal with difficult customers?
      "What if..." Questions
      Pick out an outfit

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Gap (San Jose, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online back in the beginning of January and got a super unexpected call in the middle of March. I guess it had to do with the hiring process, because I was told they were hiring a lot of people now. The interview was very laid back but went very well, felt just like a conversation and not an interview. I was interviewed in the middle of the store so I was expecting to be pulling items off the rack for an outfit. It barely lasted about seven minutes but by the end of it I think she had already made her decision, felt pretty good about it. Got a call back on Friday (interview was on Monday). They are looking for "energetic, friendly, smiling people" so just be yourself!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Gap.

Interview

Required an application submitted online. It was straightforward and easy to fill out with a picture quiz of different situations that may happen on the floor and how you would handle them. Once I submitted that, I was asked to come in for a group interview with other candidates. Once I passed that step, I met with the General Manager.