General Motors Engineering Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jul 2014
Updated 10 Jul 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

A 1-to-1 behavior interview over the phone. It's following the STAR approach typically used in behavior interviews. You need to give examples for each questions they asked. The interview lasted about an hour long.

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at General Motors in June 2014.

I got a callback from a recruiter seem to pretty impressed with me. It wasn't for a few weeks that I found out they were canceling the job. The interview probably took about fifteen minutes. He said he would give my interview to hiring manager but nothing came of it.

Engineer Interview

I applied online under the section for new grads. I was first contacted by the university rep to set up the first phone interview. The phone interview was pretty straight forward about what you have done. I was then invited to the proving grounds for an onsite interview. The interview was structured so that you would explain each situation, what you did and your result. I was phoned only two days later with a notice that they were going to extend an offer

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you experienced failure and how you handles it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pontiac, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at General Motors in July 2013.

Recieved a call from HR within a couple weeks of submitting resume. Recieved a call to come in for an interview shortly after that. The interview consisted of a half hour informational presentation and two one on one interviews conducted back to back. I really enjoyed the interview process. Be prepared to negotiate if they come back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. Very straight forward, nothing technical. Interviewers were very friendly. Entire interview process (including facility tour and lunch) was about 5 hours.   Answer Question

Recieved a better offer elsewhere and felt that GM was trying to see how cheap I would work

Engineer Interview

Behavior questions and people skills are emphasized.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at General Motors in February 2013.

two interviews, nice lady, followed the Star method of interviewing.

Engineer Interview

- I was contacted by phone asking why I am leaving my current job.
    - 2 weeks later I was contacted to schedule an in person interview.
    - I was interviewed by 2 managers, they did not ask anything about my work experience. All their questions were STAR questions. The interview took about 2 hours (1 hour for each manager)

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with a co-worker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Defiance, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Defiance, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at General Motors in December 2011.

Interview consisted of dinner and presentation the night before the interview, then a facility tour, benefits overview and 2:1 interview on the 2nd day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were persuaded to take action but chose not to.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mysore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

interviewed at General Motors in August 2011.

it is a campus recruitment, there r 3 rounds written test, technical, hr intervw, technical test is easy
    interview is all about embedded system, c and few ur branch related questions, hr interview is simple if u hd vry gud percenile in ur acdemics

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at General Motors in March 2011.

I first interviewed with the hiring manager on campus. A couple weeks later I got a call saying they wanted me to come to Detroit for more interviews. They flew me there and took care of ground transportation. Had two one-hour interviews with the same hiring manager and other engineers from the same department.

Interview Questions

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!