General Motors IT Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jan 2015
Updated 13 Jan 2015

1.7

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Offered an interview at the career fair. There is only a one step interview. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. We seemed to connect. The interview last about 30 mins and it was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had adversity with a acquaintance   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

IT Interview

Interview

The interview process at GM was very smooth interview process and quick response as well. There was only 1 round of interviews and it lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview, they made an offer within 3 weeks. All the interviewers were very friendly and quick when communicating through email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It is the salary they pay all interns in IT

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Got an interview through the career fair.
    Did a 2:1 in-person pre-screen/interview with two of their current IT people. (tell me about a time....)
    Got a call a couple weeks later asking to do a 1 hour phone interview. I was unable due to the fact I was interviewing with their competitor on-site that day.... Explained that to the lady on the phone whose response was, "Well we have plenty of other candidates..."

While I may not be the obviously best candidate, it really shows that GM hasn't truly turned a corner since we all pitched in to get them out of trouble. :)

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Off-campus interview, over the phone, 14 hours difference from Detroit. Utilized corporate conference call-in system. Met with multiple directors/managers. Relaxed atmosphere, simple Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Can you please walk us through your resume?   1 Answer
    • What difficulties did you find in the last large project you managed?   Answer Question