General Motors IT Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2014

1.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

IT Interview

The interview process at GM was very smooth interview process and quick response as well. There was only 1 round of interviews and it lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview, they made an offer within 3 weeks. All the interviewers were very friendly and quick when communicating through email.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation. It is the salary they pay all interns in IT

Other Interview Reviews for General Motors

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Got an interview through the career fair.
    Did a 2:1 in-person pre-screen/interview with two of their current IT people. (tell me about a time....)
    Got a call a couple weeks later asking to do a 1 hour phone interview. I was unable due to the fact I was interviewing with their competitor on-site that day.... Explained that to the lady on the phone whose response was, "Well we have plenty of other candidates..."

While I may not be the obviously best candidate, it really shows that GM hasn't truly turned a corner since we all pitched in to get them out of trouble. :)

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at General Motors in March 2011.

Off-campus interview, over the phone, 14 hours difference from Detroit. Utilized corporate conference call-in system. Met with multiple directors/managers. Relaxed atmosphere, simple Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • Can you please walk us through your resume?   View Answer
    • What difficulties did you find in the last large project you managed?   Answer Question