General Motors

Updated 19 Jan 2015
Updated 19 Jan 2015

2.8

Design Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at General Motors.

There were 3 rounds of interview. First round with the Lead , it was all about GD nT and my previous experience. 2nd round was with Manager , it was about engines . 3 red round was with HR , it was all about strength weeknesses and salary negotiation an.

Interview Questions
    • Which is the most difficult design , aerospace engine or automotive engine. Considering the fact that in an automotive engine combustion chamber volume changes and in aerospace engine it remains constant.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

They had two people interview me, it lasted around 2 hours. I believe it was 45 minutes for each individual and the last minutes left to ask questions. They had packets to with a ton of questions to ask me about, so that was the reason the interview took so long.

Interview Questions
    • It was most behavioral questions that focused on teamwork. They are looking for people that can work in a team. Most difficult question: "How did you deal with someone that was not doing their work? How did you handle the situation? What would you change?"   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at General Motors.

Offered an interview at the career fair. There is only a one step interview. The interviewer was very nice and friendly. We seemed to connect. The interview last about 30 mins and it was all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had adversity with a acquaintance   Answer Question

BI Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview process took about 2 weeks from initial phone screening to on-site interview. Interview was behavioral focused (situations/actions/lessons learned) with technical questions thrown in at the end. Overall the interview process was quite easy.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't the questions so much, but the fact that for each area or behavior, there was a series of 3 questions that you could choose to answer. This made it difficult to keep the conversation flow as by the time you heard the third question; you'd then forgotten what the first option was.   Answer Question

Inbound Logistics Analyst Interview

The hiring process began on campus at a career fair. I spoke with a GM representative for 5-10 minutes one-on-one and she advised me to complete an online application. A couple of weeks after the career fair, I was invited to participate in an on campus interview. Two months after completing the on campus interview, I was invited to have a final interview at the GM Technical Center. After the final interview, I was made an offer over the phone first and then via email.

No negotiation phase.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

My process started with a resume drop at a career fair, I actually missed the finance contact but was contacted for a phone interview with a recruiter a week later. I then had onsite interviews with 4 different Finance directors and had to complete a case study. Though the process may have changed slightly (i.e. multiple interviewers) the core of the process is roughly the same.

Interview Questions
    • Business case is usually shaped around some recent experience/project. Technical capabilities are expected but rational business sense should also be used   Answer Question

Website Programming Interview

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

I applied through their web site, Did a phoner a week later and then got a call to come in. Talked to five people and all of them stuck to a format for the interview. They had set questions and wanted to fill them all out between the five of them. I later would call the recruiter back and told me he had left the company. He game me another number and that person had left too. I sent an email and it was returned as undeliverable. Felt a bit mistreated since I had given up three hours of my time.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about how tech is applied. They seemed to be a bit behind on this and so it was tough to answer the question without insulting them.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Went their booth in my university career fair, had a nice conversation with recruiters and dropped my resume. Meanwhile, I applied through my school's career service system. After about 1 week, I was notified for the on-campus interview , which is a back to back interview with 2 financial associates. They asked both behaviour and technical questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

the process started with a behavioral interview. The interviewer seemed interested but rushed at the same time like he had heard it all before. There were only three questions and it seemed like it didn't really get the entire picture.

Design Release Engineer Interview

There was an initial 30 minute to 1 hour screening survey that had behavior based question. Following that I had two one hour interviews on site that were a similar style. I was given an offer the same day after the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to solve a problem without having all of the information available.   Answer Question