General Motors Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.8

Engineer Interview

Interview

two onsite interviews, each one is an hour.You interview with two different managers, STAR is being used to answer these questions. Must be prepared and nothing will be very hard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in April 2015.

Interview

There is 2 processes. I applied through their website after visiting their facility. Currently in the process of interviewing- I have one interview left. The first interview process was on the phone and was asked typical situation questions. Was encouraged to ask a lot of questions and was told I going to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time where you were faced with a problem where you did not have a solution   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors in April 2015.

Interview

I had two half-hour behavioral interviews on campus. It was a pretty relaxed setting with friendly people. Each interviewer had a set of questions to ask with no overlap. After these interviewers I also had the opportunity to speak with the lead recruiter and ask any other questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you attempted a solution to a problem that failed. How did you handle this failure?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a day later. Had a phone screen to see if I was qualified. After a few days got a call to set up and do technical interview. Did technical interview and was invited to do a HR interview.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

Applied online. Waited for about two to three months, then received a request for phone interviewing. After sucessful, was sent a request to interview online with four managers via video call. Heard back about three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time in which an already established decision was modified. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Functional Architect Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I applied online. Submitted the resume and they called me 5 days after. We schedule an interview. The intervied lasted about 3 hrs. Two sessions with 2 different people. Interview based on the behavioral approach. They used STAR technique

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You must describe a specific event. It can be from your previuos job. Describe the action you took and make sure you keep the focus on you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After the interview i got a call asking me if i was interested in the job. They asked me the salary rate that i was expecting. I set up a number. They said they will analize it. After ona day they agreed with the salary.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at General Motors (Chandler, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

2 interviews. One at ASU where I found the job. and the second in Chandler. Lots of HR questions. If you were put in this situation what would you do? Very nice office great benefits. 3000$ car credit. 3 weeks vacation time. good 401k plan tuition reimbursement after 3 years.

Interview Questions

• Lots of HR questions. If you were put in this situation what would you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at General Motors.

Interview

I met with GM during the career fair at my college. At that time I was told I had an interview the following week on campus. I was interviewed by one woman who began by telling me about the changes in the company. She then asked me questions of the star format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were under prepared...   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time things worked out better than you expected...   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an obstacle and how you overcame it...   Answer Question

Vehicle Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

My profile was on gm site for a job in the Arizona area. A recruiter called me about a position in Detroit. Got to the airport, and they booked me on a later flight. Had to wait at airport for 6 hours. Interview was a all day event. Started at 8 am. As soon as I got there, I was drilled with questions until I left. Spent time interviewing with probably 10 people. The people in Detroit seemed grumpy and unpleasant, not friendly like in Denver. Worst experience ever.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at General Motors (Detroit, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Behavioral interview. One on one or two on one. Check other questions on glassdoor as well as the ones I have listed (were not on glassdoor). Friendly interviewers in my experience. Most interviews accompanied by a tour. It has been a couple of days and I have not heard back from them either way; will update when I get notice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a decision based on incomplete data.(Dealing with ambiguity)
      Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone from a different culture than you.

Answer Question