General Motors

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details Applied online and heard from Talent Acquisition in a week. They started with standard fielding questions such as what pay, compensation, benefits I was looking for. From there, they stated they would pass me to hiring manager.

I did a phone interview a week later. Then things really dragged. Phone interview went extremely well, and the interviewer was forward and stated that I should stay in touch and I would be recommended for the next round. I didn't hear anything for another month. I had reach out to interviewee at GM for assistance. Took another 2 weeks to get a face-to-face. I didn't hear anything after face-to-face. I was told about 1 month later that they wanted another phone. Talent Acquisition is done by 3rd party and even the managers were complaining how slow it is. Took basically 3 months.

Interview was standard STAR- but all the interviewers said in their mind it's thumbs up or down and they just fill out the form.

Be warned, they might want you but things move very slowly.

Interview Question – How do you handle ambiguity?
How did you handle change you had no control over?
  Answer Question

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at General Motors in February 2009.

Interview Details 3 levels, preliminary, semi=final and final. Behavioral interview with compnay references used

Interview Question – political and personal preferences   View Answer

Negotiation Details – normal with salary rang no car

Warren, MI (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at General Motors.

Interview Details A pretty straightforward interview process. Had a phone screening with the staffing agency. Then a phone interview with one of my supervisors later that day. They brought me in for an in-person interview the next day. I met with both of my supervisors and fielded standard interview question. A few hours later I received a phone call from my recruiter saying the job was mine pending a passing drug and background test (GM does a hair test, FYI.) I passed and got the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!