Genworth Financial Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015

3.1

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Genworth Financial (London, England) in March 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and Finance manager.
    Followed by an interview with HR and CFO

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I was indifferent to whether I took job so dictated terms I would accept.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted the following week for a phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an onsite interview. Both phone interviews were about half an hour, and the onsite interview consisted of four consecutive interviews with various people over the course of three hours. Entire process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, with a handful of basic problem solving questions during the onsite interview.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview

Applied on line and contacted by recruiter. Interview process took 4 weeks. Contacted by hiring manager directly for in person interview with team. The job title was upgraded to Director prior to face to face interview. Interviewed by team and business units and HR. Plenty of time for me to ask questions. The Director role was described as the manager role but needed to put it up due to my extensive experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you.....(engage stakeholders, develop content, measure results) Hypothetical questions and some behavioral questions on set script.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview

Had 5 rounds of interviews. Phone screen with the recruiting manager, phone interview w/ hiring manager, phone interview w/ director, back-to-back in-person interview w/ 6 different people I'd be working with. Met with directors, developers, project managers, and business users. Very professional and highly skilled individuals. Interview process was seamless, with excellent communication from internal recruiter. Very professional organization with talented individuals & leaders. Entire process took a bit longer than expected, but probably due to holiday season.

Interview Questions

Better offer elsewhere, commute was a bit far

Inside Account Executive Interview

Interview

First call with recruiter; second call sales manager over the telephone. No difficult questions; very down to earth. Job offered over the phone. Process took only 2 weeks. From this point on HR took over and were very easy to deal with. A very good company; currently doing business as Liberty Home Equity Solutions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial.

Interview

Hiring and Interviewing Process was fairly quick. I had an initial interview and then a follow up the next week. Heard back within a month from the Director and they were very cordial in their responses.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions: ie how would you respond in this or that situation? how do you work well with others?   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Received a first round interview on my college campus after talking with the recruiters at my universities job fair.
     First round interview was basic behavioral questions and a walk through of my resume.

Second interview was a phone interview. I was asked more behavior question like, tell me about a time when you worked in a group. They also asked me to state which of the three financial statements did I think was most important and why.

The third round interview was at the Genworth Campus. I had two interviews. Both had some technical questions. I was asked to walk the through a time value money problem and some other basic questions about the value of a dollar today vs. tomorrow. I was also asked about what I knew about Genworth. I was also ask about what I knew about current events and how that may affect Genworth's business.

Interview Questions

• Why would someone want to invest in bonds to raise capital oppose to other sources?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Email from HR, several questions regarding salary expectations, experience, etc.
    Telephone interview with HR, 30 minutes. Friendly talking, typical behavioral questions, i.e., introducing yourself, why switch jobs.
    Panel interviews with six people, one HR director, two department leaders, one department director, the controller, and the hiring manager.
    Follow up telephone interview with hiring manager again. More detailed questions and emphasis about job specifics.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Very professional. Be prepared for behavioral as well as professional questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have not received the official offer from the company. Recruiter provided the company's hiring decision.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Genworth Financial (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online. In a week or so, was contacted by the college recruiter to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview and heard back in two weeks for second-round interviews. Had the second-round interview and should be hearing back from them in a week or so on the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions were asked about why I wanted the position and why Genworth. Questions about my experience, leadership, communication, and project management skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview after application online

Interview Questions

• Most behavior questions, e.g why Genworth? What's your favorite class? Describe your programming skills(have you used marco in SAS).   Answer Question